**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam adding a "this thread is closed for commenting" after an x amount of time (like 3 months or 6)

UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,048 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
So, as many of us have been noticing - a lot of users (sometimes the same ones) are "resurrecting" old threads and commenting their responses to the OPs question.

The reason this is an issue is that the game changes so fast and so quickly that a conversation about a thread in July of 2022 is completely irrelevant now.

Also, many of them are threads where the original post is asking "who to rank up? X or Z" - and I can assure you someone writing a response today that says "I think you should go for Z as they'll get you through more of the competition" is completely worthless since the post would be from 4 months ago and they absolutely have that character ranked up already.

The reasoning for this is that we want to be an active and engaging community, and those replies go to the top of the thread like all the new and relevant content, cluttering up the active discussions. And I'm not nitpicking because of a few instances. Over the past couple months I saw thread after thread after thread resurrected. One day alone I saw 20. I literally saw someone resurrect a thread from December 2021.

Placing an auto-lock from comments on discussions after a certain amount of time (even three months feels too long but sounds like a fair number) would allow the content to stay relevant, and for Kabam and its users to stay active and engaged.

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    If the search function worked properly a lot of bumped threads probably wouldnt happen but then again, a search function not working kinda fits the overall theme.

Also, Carinas are still hugely relevant to people even though its "old" content, same with abyss, LOL etc so autolocking might be problematic, sure, on a case by case basis some threads probably don't need the bump, but not all.