**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NOOOOOOO! (5* Opening)

I just was grinding for 5 star shards and finally hit 10k. I got 5 star Magik ):

Comments

• Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 163
    Am I so out of touch that Magik isn’t a decent pull? She used to be considered god-tier. I get she’s probably out-shone by new mystics, but she’s still good at what she does.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    When I started playing.. my first 5* was Magik.. but I did not realize how powerful she is (she stayed rank1 for 2 years, then i started using her). Sp2 can power steal and power lock opponents.. when in limbo, all damage taken is rewound and opponents take energy damage.
    Note: few champions are available as 5* only.. namely: Wolverine, Quake and Magik.. Kabam just added 6* Wolverine (his featured crystal and in arena); so sooner than later this year 2023 (hoping) 6* Magik and Quake (assuming kabam doesn't change them).
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Doom is literally walmart version of Magik. Sure he has decent power control, but the enemy can still use sp1s and sp2s occasionally which you might not want them doing, but the second magik hits 2 bars of power, the enemy isn't throwing another special the whole fight.

Doom’s power control though doesn’t rely on a debuff.
    Against many skill champs and nodes that don’t allow to place debuffs reliably (tenacity, masochism etc.) Magik is pretty much useless.
    They both exceed in different situations.

• Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 467 ★★★
    She is actually not that bad. Her damage could need a tune up but she (like Psylocke) can completely shut down the enemy from gaining power. which is a good thing. Ye there are champs better than her now, but it isn't like you pulled iron fist (who happens to be pretty good with Synergies, but in this case, ignore them for the sake of the message).
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,049 ★★★★
    I'm Thronebreaker (I'll admit just recently) but I STILL used my 5* Magik throughout all my time as Cavalier.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★

I know she is decent, but not the champ i wanted…. She does fit the criteria of 5.1.5…. This was an interesting pull. Is she worth ranking up though…

You pulled the highest star magik available!
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    She is insane, i don't have her as 5 star yet and i hate it. No. 1 terrax counter in my opinion, she is like warlock who drains power when opponent regenerates health during infection, and warlock can just simply corner intercept all day.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    She makes a really nice trinity with Warlock and Sunspot too. Covers off quite a few requirements for general questing.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

I know she is decent, but not the champ i wanted…. She does fit the criteria of 5.1.5…. This was an interesting pull. Is she worth ranking up though…

Yes she is.

If you're using 5* champs at all - and clearly you are - she's a really excellent power control champion, who can also control buffs, and doesn't need her Awakened ability (although it's good if she's on defense).

You should be pleased with the pull, and rank her up. She's very useful indeed.

Just to clarify that statement: there are people taking 5* Magik into Eternity of Pain, even though she's only a 5/65...
  • Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    Magiks not bad
  • Options
    Gentry2099Gentry2099 Posts: 225 ★★
    Thanks y’all! Means a lot! Might be the best 5 star pulling yet! I will start investing into her :)
  • Options

She is actually not that bad. Her damage could need a tune up but she (like Psylocke) can completely shut down the enemy from gaining power. which is a good thing. Ye there are champs better than her now, but it isn't like you pulled iron fist (who happens to be pretty good with Synergies, but in this case, ignore them for the sake of the message).

I have a five star Psylocke. And her damage is crazy.

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Psylocke damage on her own is very lackluster, however, if use Apoc synergy she gets major damage increase. If you activate her as horseman with Apoc, her damage is extremely good. I have my 6* r3 and will likely r4 at some point.
  • Options
    Yes. I agree @Chatterofforums
  • Options
    I have decided to rank her to R2. I might get some Act 5 work with her.
  • Options

Psylocke damage on her own is very lackluster, however, if use Apoc synergy she gets major damage increase. If you activate her as horseman with Apoc, her damage is extremely good. I have my 6* r3 and will likely r4 at some point.
    Interesting, I might need to try for a 4* Apoc for that synergy.
  • Options
    psp742 said:

When I started playing.. my first 5* was Magik.. but I did not realize how powerful she is (she stayed rank1 for 2 years, then i started using her). Sp2 can power steal and power lock opponents.. when in limbo, all damage taken is rewound and opponents take energy damage.
    Note: few champions are available as 5* only.. namely: Wolverine, Quake and Magik.. Kabam just added 6* Wolverine (his featured crystal and in arena); so sooner than later this year 2023 (hoping) 6* Magik and Quake (assuming kabam doesn't change them).

When I read this, I’m thinking about making her my strongest lol.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★

She is insane, i don't have her as 5 star yet and i hate it. No. 1 terrax counter in my opinion, she is like warlock who drains power when opponent regenerates health during infection, and warlock can just simply corner intercept all day.

Wiccan would like to speak with you about that Terrax counter business.
  • Options
    hhh1234567hhh1234567 Posts: 20
    Emilia90 said:

She’s amazing, don’t know why you’re disappointed

Probably because Magik doesn’t have much utilities and also there are many BGT champs in the game that are better than her now