**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This week in MCOC history I learned I am an idiot

Do you remember the day you learned that Parry was a thing? How about the day you learned you could save crystals indefinitely?

We all have that thing that took us way longer than most to figure out, only to discover this was common knowledge everywhere. I can't remember the last time that happened to me, or rather the second to last time, because it was a while ago. But I do remember the last time, because that time is now. Behold:

For years, I've had this little ritual. Every week when AQ resets, I go in and spectate the map on day one, so I can see who the minibosses are. Every. Single. Week. Because how else am I going to know who to bring for those fights?

Years. Fricken years. I don't even know how far back this feature goes, because of course not. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned to many, Many, MANY people over those years that I do this. Exactly zero people ever said "huh?" even once.

This hurts more than the Infinity crystal.

Comments

• Options
    Don’t feel too bad @DNA3000 , that's actually something sort of semi-recent, at least in terms of how often they change the AQ Boss.
    Might have been only within the last 2-3 major boss changes (long seasons) for AQ ?
    Pretty sure Modifiers were in game well before this change to the Miniboss champ being added to the Panels.

And for AW Spectate, @ReignkingTW , yes, that may have been in game for many years now.
    But NOT forever. For those old enough, there never used to be Spectate because you actually could not see who the defenders were even within the map until you actually started the fight.

Thus the obsolete Masteries for being able to “peek” at nodes within xx steps away (and the corresponding Class based “Peek” masteries).
    All AW nodes used to just be ‘??’ all over the board for many early seasons of AW. And maybe depending what level you played at, or what season as it went along, you could maybe see just the Class of the hidden champ.
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★
    TyEdge said:

I developed a whole system for doing paths on maps until I realized the solid versus dashed lines. I was probably 2-3 months into the game.

Finally, someone speaks English, it took me 5 months to figure that out. LOL, thanks BTW, this thing was eating me alive, I can breathe now :lol:
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    dont worry there are still people who dont know the % on crystals are per crystal and not a whole percentage when opening for example, 10 at a time. and also some people still think when they duel another players account, they are actually playing vs someone lol
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 532 ★★★
    Man… I do the exact same thing that you do. Thanks for this!
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Surprised there haven't been a bunch of comments mentioning the arena team shuffle - I was at least two years into the game before I was told about that one :(
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Shortest DNA post ever.

It threw me off guard for a moment, I had to make sure it was DNA who posted it 😂.

• Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 901 ★★★
    With my AQ switching between 4/5/6, I still need to spectate to get my bearings everyday. I think it is kind of normal to check the nodes before jumping in.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    most relatable dna post ever
  • Options
    Snizzbar said:

Surprised there haven't been a bunch of comments mentioning the arena team shuffle - I was at least two years into the game before I was told about that one :(

Ah, YES, that's the big one I was thinking of (couldn’t think of it last night) that was my early alliance's big realization.

That you could re-order (drag-n-drop) your 3 Arena champs around to better match them up against the corresponding 3 champs you were gonna fight.

———

Other big realization, many years later, was being able to ask for quest Energy Help before actually running it all the way down to ZERO and getting the pop-up energy box to ask for Help.

Click on your Energy Bar at top of screen would pop-up the box, and you can ask for Help early on, just a few steps into starting your quest. Or in cases you finish a quest but haven’t totally run out of energy yet.

**Further enhanced semi-recently now, so that you can apply Refills that will go beyond your Max Energy capacity. (also without having to wait until you reach ZERO).
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    For years I had no idea what was going on in this game.

Two examples:
    1) I had no idea what Hood's invisibility was or how it happened.
    2) GR's fate seal. Until I randomly used it on Juggs one day, I didn't realize that his unstoppable was a buff and that fate seal would end it.

Why? This was before Aunt Mai and research was impossible. It reminds me of what Seatin had to say in his last video -- there are just no ways in-game to learn about the many nuances and interactions. There's no guide that says what a buff is are what ability accuracy does.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I never knew there was a way to get the arena streak and for years struggled with hard match ups until I realised there was a way to do it
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    edited April 2023
    A while ago, I thought duels were real time. Took me a while to figure out they were not
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The exit from quest screen also has a team select button. You don't need to exist and enter again
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    You know you can drag champs from the synergy menu? Fairly recently discovered that one..
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    Thomildo said:

You know you can drag champs from the synergy menu? Fairly recently discovered that one..

that's a recent change.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 637 ★★★
    The biggest one I had was when I was exploring quests early in mcoc journey and was trying to memorize the paths I already did. To avoid repeating the paths. I didn’t realize the lines change from dash to solid till at least a year later since I realized there’s no way Kabam made it this hard to explore quests. A couple of times I went through the wrong paths because of this. It was easy on earlier contents with fewer paths, when the paths started increasing with convoluted turns, that’s when I would get mad trying to explore quests , lol
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    Mine's a bit simpler and dumber, tbh. Didn't know parry was a thing, and i was just mindlessly upgrading the parry mastery, thinking it zeroed incoming attacks when just blocked.
    Plus, realised only after becoming UC, that you could dex, special attacks.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,674 Guardian

For years I had no idea what was going on in this game.

Two examples:
    1) I had no idea what Hood's invisibility was or how it happened.
    2) GR's fate seal. Until I randomly used it on Juggs one day, I didn't realize that his unstoppable was a buff and that fate seal would end it.

Why? This was before Aunt Mai and research was impossible. It reminds me of what Seatin had to say in his last video -- there are just no ways in-game to learn about the many nuances and interactions. There's no guide that says what a buff is are what ability accuracy does.

Inside ball: even those of us who understand the mechanics backwards and forwards sometimes argue over just exactly what's going on in the game. For example, it wasn't long ago that a relatively recent forum thread brought up the question of whether there was any difference between Evade and "not hit when dashing back." Turns out there is: those are not just different mechanics, they do completely different things.