**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

New striker nodes in EQ

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

How is a 90% power reduction not a penalty for not using Relics?

This is what I can't wrap my head around, goes to show what their intentions for relics are .... they'll become a must have not an optional thing like they've been saying.
    Well some quest design thought it was a good idea. Then someone else realised the problem and removed the cost of unbinding relics.
    However @Ebony_Naw was right. Back off from this concept. Delete the nodes, never go there again.
    Go there by all means but just give the relic users an edge over those without. Like award them a fury or power gain buff for 6 seconds after using a striker for example
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,188 ★★★★★

honeybisc said:

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    They literally give you a 90% power reduction if you don't use them though.
    Good point. The relic may not be mandatory but your hamstrung if you don't use it.
    I really don't want to have to move relics around to complete path. How is that fun?
    This is the part that I agree with. I honestly don’t mind relics being in the game or even having nodes that have this punishment/reward mechanic for using them. That’s fine.

The problem is that there aren’t enough relics currently in the game for this. The current design philosophy behind these relics is that they provide very niche and specific bonuses, such that they only really make sense to use on specific champions. I have my relics on those champions. They are not the champions I want to use in EQ.

Monthly EQ, even on Thronebreaker, isn’t super difficult. It’s where I get to break out the champs I ranked up because I like using them, not because they’re particularly meta. It’s not fun to have to go in, pull a relic off a champion who benefits from it, stick it on a champion who it does nothing for, run the quest, then go back in and take it off that champion just to stick it back on the one that had it originally. I know it’s a small thing, but it’s just so many steps and if you forget to do it and go into another quest, you’re out of luck.

Relics are here to stay and I’m totally good with that. They add to the game. But there just aren’t enough of them present yet to apply to the champs you want to use without it being a multi-step procedure before entering the quest, and even then you end up with nonsense pairings.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,373 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

honeybisc said:

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    They literally give you a 90% power reduction if you don't use them though.
    Good point. The relic may not be mandatory but your hamstrung if you don't use it.
    I really don't want to have to move relics around to complete path. How is that fun?
    This is the part that I agree with. I honestly don’t mind relics being in the game or even having nodes that have this punishment/reward mechanic for using them. That’s fine.

The problem is that there aren’t enough relics currently in the game for this. The current design philosophy behind these relics is that they provide very niche and specific bonuses, such that they only really make sense to use on specific champions. I have my relics on those champions. They are not the champions I want to use in EQ.

Monthly EQ, even on Thronebreaker, isn’t super difficult. It’s where I get to break out the champs I ranked up because I like using them, not because they’re particularly meta. It’s not fun to have to go in, pull a relic off a champion who benefits from it, stick it on a champion who it does nothing for, run the quest, then go back in and take it off that champion just to stick it back on the one that had it originally. I know it’s a small thing, but it’s just so many steps and if you forget to do it and go into another quest, you’re out of luck.

Relics are here to stay and I’m totally good with that. They add to the game. But there just aren’t enough of them present yet to apply to the champs you want to use without it being a multi-step procedure before entering the quest, and even then you end up with nonsense pairings.
    I don’t find it difficult. Some Champs benefit the most from them, and the Runes pretty much line that out. I've been enjoying Thor with Hulkling.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★
    By the way one thing I don't entirely understand, why do so many people HATE relics, I get not really caring about them, but why the refusal to use and even own them?
    (Not meant in a "gocha"way, I just really don't understand the real hate people have been giving it and I've barely seen any arguments for it)
  • Options
    First of all, use a Champ that doesn't rely on Specials.
    Secondly, I don't know why there's such a protest. ANY added benefit is better than none. Throw them on, and activate them. Isn't that big of a deal.
  • Options

By the way one thing I don't entirely understand, why do so many people HATE relics, I get not really caring about them, but why the refusal to use and even own them?
    (Not meant in a "gocha"way, I just really don't understand the real hate people have been giving it and I've barely seen any arguments for it)

For me it's purely down to the button placement for the striker. I consistently press it when dashing back which is not a good thing in the slightest in the content I play lol. If I could move it then I'd happily equip and use them, even though they don't really do much
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

For me it's purely down to the button placement for the striker. I consistently press it when dashing back which is not a good thing in the slightest in the content I play lol. If I could move it then I'd happily equip and use them, even though they don't really do much
    Yeah okay that's fair!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Mackey said:

Secondly, I don't know why there's such a protest. ANY added benefit is better than none. Throw them on, and activate them. Isn't that big of a deal.

Is it an added benefit if they give you the benefit after they've reduced the thing they're giving you a benefit for 🤔.

Give relics a benefit by all means but don't drop a node that reduces X for the ones without relics
    It's still absolutely possible to do it without the Relic. It just means you can't rely on Specials. Not that unheard of, given the range of Nodes.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Counting my blessings that there is only one path with this node on it. I’m not anti-relics, but the fact that this path penalizes players for not using them is ridiculous. It isn’t “optional” in this instance and Jax is claiming, as I really can’t understand holding to that viewpoint when all you have to do is read the node and realize that position is incorrect. I will agree that the pro-striker nodes in the other quests are optional, but this node is the victim of some serious and significant oversight and does not offer an encouraging outlook for things to come around the subject of relics in the future. It’s doable without a relic, but a lack of relic should not make the fights more difficult.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★

That's easy to say if you not affected. Despite opening 40+ relic crystals I don't have a single cosmic relic. How do I throw them on? I have to either ignore an entire class of champs for the EQ or play with a significant handicap for using champs I have ranked up and like playing with.
  • Options
    Stature said:

That's easy to say if you not affected. Despite opening 40+ relic crystals I don't have a single cosmic relic. How do I throw them on? I have to either ignore an entire class of champs for the EQ or play with a significant handicap for using champs I have ranked up and like playing with.
    It's not a significant handicap to play without Specials.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,663 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Still can't bind relics to some champs because it has been bugged since day 1.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Mackey said:

Is it an added benefit if they give you the benefit after they've reduced the thing they're giving you a benefit for 🤔.

Give relics a benefit by all means but don't drop a node that reduces X for the ones without relics
    It's still absolutely possible to do it without the Relic. It just means you can't rely on Specials. Not that unheard of, given the range of Nodes.
    And said nodes affect any and all champs that enter that mode/quest, irrespective of any additional customisations. The relic node isn't the same, we are all at disadvantage unless we have an add on to our champ then all is well. Also I don't believe anyone is saying that this particular node is hard, I see it more that we can see where it will end up and that's what they're raising opinions about
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

And said nodes affect any and all champs that enter that mode/quest, irrespective of any additional customisations. The relic node isn't the same, we are all at disadvantage unless we have an add on to our champ then all is well. Also I don't believe anyone is saying that this particular node is hard, I see it more that we can see where it will end up and that's what they're raising opinions about
    Where we're ending up is where we were going to end up. Relics are part of the game, and have been for months now. People can protest them if they like, but eventually they're going to find themselves at a disadvantage with some content. They have the right to choose not to use them. They don't have the right to a separate game without them in my view.
  • Options

Stature said:

So, now you have gone from they don't penalise for not using relics to the penalty isn't significant. It's a node which clearly reduces the effectiveness of champs for not using relics, straight up contradicting the current stance on relics. You are welcome to play without specials, if you wish to. I am being forced to play without specials, purely on the fact that crystal RNG wasn't in my favor. It is an unnecessary addition at the time where relics are not even available at scale.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

So, now you have gone from they don't penalise for not using relics to the penalty isn't significant. It's a node which clearly reduces the effectiveness of champs for not using relics, straight up contradicting the current stance on relics. You are welcome to play without specials, if you wish to. I am being forced to play without specials, purely on the fact that crystal RNG wasn't in my favor. It is an unnecessary addition at the time where relics are not even available at scale.
    What they said was it's completely feasible that you can complete each Fight without using Relics. Which is true. Punish is a strong term for not receiving the benefits if you do. Is it limiting if you don't? Sure. Not at all impossible if you don't. The Node is a 90% reduction. Full stop. The Striker adds Power. Those two are two different aspects. If the benefit wasn't there, the Node would still be a reduction.
    For that matter, there is a difference between someone not having a Cosmic and someone who just refuses to use them. One is the result of RNG. The other is a choice.
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 551 ★★★
    The problem i see is that they say they are not punishing players for not using them which is completely false. There is a path were the defender gains increasing combat power until you use a striker as well. That is a huge disadvantage.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

What they said was it's completely feasible that you can complete each Fight without using Relics. Which is true. Punish is a strong term for not receiving the benefits if you do. Is it limiting if you don't? Sure. Not at all impossible if you don't. The Node is a 90% reduction. Full stop. The Striker adds Power. Those two are two different aspects. If the benefit wasn't there, the Node would still be a reduction.
    For that matter, there is a difference between someone not having a Cosmic and someone who just refuses to use them. One is the result of RNG. The other is a choice.
    Your commitment to willful blindness is impressive. As is your ability to contort statements and fabricate outright lies to fit your agenda.

Gaining power is a natural function for all champs. Taking that away and making it only gainable through relics is punishing. Taking something away from the champs kit is penalizing, however you want to rationalise it. The node isn't 90% reduction alone, it is 90% reduction and then getting that power back from the relic use. One doesn't exist without the other.

That node is punishing people who just had bad RNG as much as people who chose not to use relics. That is discriminatory design at worst and a poorly thought out idea at best. Least that could have been done was to ensure everyone has access to every class of relic (a 3-star) before creating something so restrictive. Given that this is just the beginning, how do you think this will go in the next 6-12 months.
    Nodes are either beneficial, or punishing. Some work to do both. You cannot have challenging content without punishing Nodes in one aspect or another. They're also making an effort in some areas to include beneficial Nodes so they encourage rather than discourage. Even those involve interacting with other Nodes that punish.
    No idea what a discriminatory Node is. That's pretty deep, considering they're meant to restrict in some form or another. Even giving Class incentives can be seen as a restriction to others, if you want to look at it that way. The fundamental difference is not every Player is meant to have everything they need going into it. Sometimes they're waiting on the right Class, sometimes the right Champ, sometimes the right counter. It's all a part of a game that rewards Players for diversifying.
    Where do I see this going in 6 months? The same place it is now, with more of it. Relics are going to be used in the game. More variety, more higher Rarities, more uses in the game. I'm not sure why there's a subset of Players who believe they're going to just disappear if they don't pay attention to them, but they're here, and they will continue to be here.
  • Options

Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

Your commitment to willful blindness is impressive. As is your ability to contort statements and fabricate outright lies to fit your agenda.

Gaining power is a natural function for all champs. Taking that away and making it only gainable through relics is punishing. Taking something away from the champs kit is penalizing, however you want to rationalise it. The node isn't 90% reduction alone, it is 90% reduction and then getting that power back from the relic use. One doesn't exist without the other.

That node is punishing people who just had bad RNG as much as people who chose not to use relics. That is discriminatory design at worst and a poorly thought out idea at best. Least that could have been done was to ensure everyone has access to every class of relic (a 3-star) before creating something so restrictive. Given that this is just the beginning, how do you think this will go in the next 6-12 months.
    Nodes are either beneficial, or punishing. Some work to do both. You cannot have challenging content without punishing Nodes in one aspect or another. They're also making an effort in some areas to include beneficial Nodes so they encourage rather than discourage. Even those involve interacting with other Nodes that punish.
    No idea what a discriminatory Node is. That's pretty deep, considering they're meant to restrict in some form or another. Even giving Class incentives can be seen as a restriction to others, if you want to look at it that way. The fundamental difference is not every Player is meant to have everything they need going into it. Sometimes they're waiting on the right Class, sometimes the right Champ, sometimes the right counter. It's all a part of a game that rewards Players for diversifying.
    Where do I see this going in 6 months? The same place it is now, with more of it. Relics are going to be used in the game. More variety, more higher Rarities, more uses in the game. I'm not sure why there's a subset of Players who believe they're going to just disappear if they don't pay attention to them, but they're here, and they will continue to be here.
    Just keeping record of the moving goalposts.
    1. Relics are optional, they give benefits but players won't be penalised for not using it.
    2. Penalties are not significant. You don't have relics? Just play without specials or champs you haven't ranked up.
    3. It isn't possible to create challenging content without punishing players for not using the relics they don't have.

What's next - content is designed around relics, champs are optional? I don't expect to change your mind, because it is obvious you will only produce some vague generalizations opposing anything that would benefit the playing base. This is just to document the slippery slope the game is on, sacrificing player experience to push cosmetics, whether it is driven by monetisation goals or not.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

Stature said:

Just keeping record of the moving goalposts.
    1. Relics are optional, they give benefits but players won't be penalised for not using it.
    2. Penalties are not significant. You don't have relics? Just play without specials or champs you haven't ranked up.
    3. It isn't possible to create challenging content without punishing players for not using the relics they don't have.

What's next - content is designed around relics, champs are optional? I don't expect to change your mind, because it is obvious you will only produce some vague generalizations opposing anything that would benefit the playing base. This is just to document the slippery slope the game is on, sacrificing player experience to push cosmetics, whether it is driven by monetisation goals or not.
    Actually, what would benefit the Player base would be to use them. Regardless of their feelings on them. Even on paper, more Damage is logically better than less, no matter how little. I'm not moving goal posts at all. I just don't agree that they're supposed to stop designing Nodes that include Relics just because some people are choosing to boycott them.
    As for RNG, that's baked into the game. Sometimes we're waiting on pulling what we need. That's always the way it's been.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 905 ★★★
    Demanding that Kabam NOT use a mechanic in THEIR game, is not reasonable.

EVERYONE should have a Relic of each class by now, so we have access.
    Kabam removed the binding/unbinding costs, so units aren't a factor.

They are going to make nodes for Strikers.

We should encourage them to make Striker nodes that reward, not punish.

BTW: I don't like Relics. I hate the restrictions on which champ can use them. I hate the button placement for activation. I hate the overly complicated leveling system. I hate that they are statues of champs (should be Hulk's pants, strand of Medusa's hair, etc). I hate the uselessness, but nodes could alleviate that.