**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Infamous Iron Man hype??

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★

TheSaith said:

He's ****, gives nothing except for Bishop (that i kill with human Torch) nd nothing, so many nodes that make him sissy, so many championships that can walk over him , meme tier nd nothing, i regret to take him to r3. could be used in rol only except for Wolverine, see still useless

Seems to me that you just don't know how to use him properly
    Have you ever had to put him against doctor doom? Or any shock immune champion?

I mean a character as an attacker if though at disadvantage should have something in his kit to power through if tried hard. they made his while kit useless which fine whatever. But that includes basic attack as well. When he hits 300-500 damage against shock immune champions. It is painfull, even if armour break is not there no cleanse or stagger no nodes. What are mean is they just made his disabled in so many ways without even giving him any scope as attacker.

This guys has become the easiest defender to take down, even in Arena I had Idoom opponent with r5 max, easy as cakewalk, shouldn't be that easy I feel. Limited scope as attacker, so vulnerable as defender.
    There are 8 champs in the game that are fully immune to shock. There are 5 additional champs in the game that are immune to shock if meeting certain conditions. You're acting like every path you've ever taken were stacked with all 13 champs and they're all on buffet nodes.

There isn't a single champ without a counter in this game.

You speak so highly of Omega Sentinel... But have you ever had to take her against Magneto? Have you ever taken her against Ebony Maw.

You think Omega Sentinel is any better of a defender? No, she's not. Arguably worse in my opinion.

Have you ever taken OG Doom against Human Torch? Against Magneto? Against anyone on masochism?

We could do this all day with every champ in the game. The only people who've ever hyped up champions is the community.
    What's wrong with OS against Maw?
    So maybe not Maw, though OS can't crit against him. OS vs Torch feeding his smolders.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

TheSaith said:

He's ****, gives nothing except for Bishop (that i kill with human Torch) nd nothing, so many nodes that make him sissy, so many championships that can walk over him , meme tier nd nothing, i regret to take him to r3. could be used in rol only except for Wolverine, see still useless

I mean a character as an attacker if though at disadvantage should have something in his kit to power through if tried hard. they made his while kit useless which fine whatever. But that includes basic attack as well. When he hits 300-500 damage against shock immune champions. It is painfull, even if armour break is not there no cleanse or stagger no nodes. What are mean is they just made his disabled in so many ways without even giving him any scope as attacker.

This guys has become the easiest defender to take down, even in Arena I had Idoom opponent with r5 max, easy as cakewalk, shouldn't be that easy I feel. Limited scope as attacker, so vulnerable as defender.
    There are 8 champs in the game that are fully immune to shock. There are 5 additional champs in the game that are immune to shock if meeting certain conditions. You're acting like every path you've ever taken were stacked with all 13 champs and they're all on buffet nodes.

You speak so highly of Omega Sentinel... But have you ever had to take her against Magneto? Have you ever taken her against Ebony Maw.

You think Omega Sentinel is any better of a defender? No, she's not. Arguably worse in my opinion.

Have you ever taken OG Doom against Human Torch? Against Magneto? Against anyone on masochism?

We could do this all day with every champ in the game. The only people who've ever hyped up champions is the community.
    So maybe not Maw, though OS can't crit against him. OS vs Torch feeding his smolders.
    Why can't she crit against him?
  • Options

TheSaith said:

Because she doesn't have class advantage?
  • Options

TheSaith said:

• Options

TheSaith said:

🤷 So her crits aren't guaranteed crits then?
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★

TheSaith said:

Why would I ever bring him to a match up that is unfavorable for him? That's just idiotic. You seem to be repeating the same argument over and over that IDoom is weak against shock immune character. So what if he is? Not every character is supposed to solo every single fight in the game. Furthermore, every champion in this game has a counter. It's up to you to pick your attackers carefully and plan ahead. Also why would a character need a way to power through when they are at a disadvantage? "Ok so CGR gets his buffs nullified against mystics so I want him to be nullify immune against them". That's just poor game balance.
    Please, CGR not having his buffs is still way better than this guy. I have him, main stay in my team. Idoom armour half of the time doesn't work because of buff removal, the whole champion is destroyed compared to what happens to others, the amount of limitations in this guy is insane. I mean we thought he would counter prowess champions, they made limitations there as well, 2 or more prowess buff at a time only he counters, how many champs are that - 2 or 3 maybe ?

Half of the time you bring him for questing and you realise you can't even use him most of the time. So u reliable.

The limitations in this character is too much just cause he looks cool and has good attack animations, doesn't make him good. He is just an alright characters, what's with the stupid hype. If you rank up a champion, it's best reason to do that is prestige? That answers its effectiveness doesn't it.

I mean, the only way to make him work is penny Parker, to make him viable atleast. Cause still after that as well he will suffer from all the other limitations, but atleast he can go for matchups.

That's shows how bad the overall performance is, you have not given me one good reason why he is even worth all the hype?
    Once again, don't bring him into match-ups that are not ideal for him. How difficult is that to understand? As for reasons why I ranked him, prestige isn't one of them. I couldn't care less about prestige. I ranked him up because he's fun to use and because he is a good tech champion. I can permanently special lock the opponent during a fight. That is huge and afaik, the only champion immune to special lock is Galan, and you shouldn't bring IDoom into that fight anyway. And no, you DO NOT need Peni to make him viable. If you see a shock immune champion in a fight, just don't use IDoom for it and use someone else.

It seems like you just hate the champion and nothing will change your mind, so why even bother asking people to give you a reason to use IDoom at that point.
    You do know the aura of iron duration is reduced based on opponents number of buff, also other than galan, any champion with shock immunity you can't do that, also any champion who gets a armour break, stagger, nullify, you will suffer, futher buff removal node is so common in quest, incursions and even EW with whole path, what I meant is, IDoom is not viable in just too many conditions. I feel you are not getting my point. Based on situation you mentioned. The guy is not worth bringing 80% of times atleast.

Is that a decent champ ?
    Ok? So don't bring him into those match-ups. I can assure you that there isn't a single quest in this game where every enemy is going to be a bad match up for him.

1. Too many buffs? Usually present in cosmic enemies, who happen to have class advantage against Tech champions. That is just the way class relationships work.
    2. Shock immunity? Use some other form of damage then. Nick loses a lot of damage against bleed immune. Same thing with IBom against poison immune and you don't see anyone complaining about it.
    3. Armor break? Typically an ability seen in cosmic champions. See point 1.
    4. Nullify/Stagger/Fate Seal. I can see how this can be infuriating since he could have had a resistance to those effects with him having a background in the mystical arts. Then again, there is Guardian who loses almost all of his utility when his armor is removed, and an entire class of champions where 95% of them get screwed over by nullify, fate seal and stagger.

You're just blowing these issues out of proportion
    Bro the thing is I agree with many of your points, but what you are not ready to accept is that this guys loses in multiple ways, and we are not even considering quests with buff removal which is so common, I face it regularly in AQ, EQ

Regarding Nick and Ibom losing bleed an poison, Nick not really main source of damage, Ibom yes, but doesn't nerf his basic attacks does it?

IDoom loses too much in many ways, against shock immune, completely useless, can even basic attack as additional crit damage doesn't happen loses his heavy loses his main kit.

Armour break, loses his main kit, make him glass canon as well.

Stagger, nullify, I mean why did they not consider it.

Further, his armour should not be considered as a buff to be removed for quest I feel.

Also, does he counters all prowess champions, no not even that, they made it specific to 2-3 champions.

Just too many conditions to satisfy.

I am not saying he needs all, needs to be OP, just the limitations seems a little too much on IDoom making him unplayable in so many scenarios. I have been literally testing him in all type of content.
    Just an FYI, He does counter all prowess champions, the heavy inflicts a cowardice debuff which removes and prevents prowess.

Also stagger won’t remove his active armor up so it’s not really a counter unless the armor is removed some how. But I do agree it would be nice if it was a passive so you wouldn’t have to worry about mystics as much.
  • Options

TheSaith said:

🤷 So her crits aren't guaranteed crits then?
    Were they ever?
  • Options
    AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 201 ★★
    I was wondering wether R4 warlock or idoom, both duped. I think I should do warlock. I think is the most useful tech in the EQ month after month and you guys confirm me that Idoom is not that great.
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    Ambjony said:

I was wondering wether R4 warlock or idoom, both duped. I think I should do warlock. I think is the most useful tech in the EQ month after month and you guys confirm me that Idoom is not that great.

iDoom is an incredible champ, so is Warlock, both for different reasons. I think you will get more general use out of warlock though.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★

TheSaith said:

Sounds to me as if you have never watched a deep dive!
  • Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 418 ★★
    Counters are good for a champion since they make sure they aren't too OP for the game. IDoom is great in so many matchups, but if you bring him in a matchup where he's turned to a potato, then thats a mistake on your part and purely idiotic. Every champion has a counter, with some having more than others. Idoom is no different. Just my own opinion, some might agree, but I think Idoom is the best Tech in the game with Nimrod and OS right behind him. If you don't like him, then dont use him. If you ranked him up and find him useless or boring, thats your own mistake. Many find him useful and others think different. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. This thread started a whole argument where your side of it just argues that he's useless against armor break, shock immune, buff immunity. That argument is true but its also weak. Not many people would bring Hulkling and Angela to a fight with buff immunity, Ibom to a poison immune fight, Mysterio to a fight with constant armor break. Every champion has a counter and its up to you to either avoid those counters with a champion or avoid using the champion altogether if you don't like them. Your argument is very true and honest, but its weak, pointless, and easily counter-argued
  • Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 635 ★★★

TheSaith said:

I do know, I used every rotation, did Alot, but that even matter if Hulkbuster use sp1 even if i bait it ?? Is it even matter if it's crumbling armor node , or fighting against surfer ,he just charge and release heavy, or is it matter fighting against any nullify or armor break champ ??? If you got any way around those plz do tell me 🙂
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★

He's not r4 worthy.

I have him at r3 and that's where he will stay. Why did you even r4 him without proper testing?

Hype isn't the best way to judge a champion.

He's not even good enough for this months EQ. Maybe I'll find more uses out of him but I agree with all points that OP makes, in the end the disappointment is down to the "DOOM" brand name and the hype.

Idoom is actually very good for this months EQ tech node. Barring a few pesky defenders, he can take most of the defenders in the chapter. In 1-2 rotations you are at max furies and the fight is over after a sp2.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★
    They (deep dives) are hype. What happens is that people will overhype them yes but they are still hype.

I mean there's literally no real reason for deep dives except to garner interest in champs as early/prerelease bundles and new crystals are debuted. Content creators do how-to videos all the time - the deep dives rarely are as good or as clear as those are because of how short they are. They are 5 minutes because they are there to hype the champs using their specials etc not to give you an actual deep dive.

Very few "deep dives" actually go deep to show well how a champ works - they are surface illustrations and jazzed up to entertain and pique interest. A real deep dive would have to be 15-20 mins minimum to do that properly, like when content creators do their how to's.

And there's nothing wrong with that - money has to be made to keep the mcoc lights on.

But they are literally there to hype the champs. That is why they never show the champs in bad matchups for example, or go deep into match-ups you should avoid.

I've watched nearly all of them. None of them are hype videos. They show how the champs work with their specials and abilities.

The community then comes to the forums and speculates on how well they'll perform based on the very generic information we get from the deep dives. The say based on a deep dive how amazing a champ will be or won't be. Though, the community has a terrible track record in terms of who they think will be bad.

Deep dives aren't hype videos.

• Options

TheSaith said:

There are 8 champs in the game that are fully immune to shock. There are 5 additional champs in the game that are immune to shock if meeting certain conditions.
    What are those 13 champs?? I feel like I know who they are when they come up in a quest or something but I can't think of any off the top of my head
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

They (deep dives) are hype. What happens is that people will overhype them yes but they are still hype.

I mean there's literally no real reason for deep dives except to garner interest in champs as early/prerelease bundles and new crystals are debuted. Content creators do how-to videos all the time - the deep dives rarely are as good or as clear as those are because of how short they are. They are 5 minutes because they are there to hype the champs using their specials etc not to give you an actual deep dive.

Very few "deep dives" actually go deep to show well how a champ works - they are surface illustrations and jazzed up to entertain and pique interest. A real deep dive would have to be 15-20 mins minimum to do that properly, like when content creators do their how to's.

And there's nothing wrong with that - money has to be made to keep the mcoc lights on.

But they are literally there to hype the champs. That is why they never show the champs in bad matchups for example, or go deep into match-ups you should avoid.

I've watched nearly all of them. None of them are hype videos. They show how the champs work with their specials and abilities.

The community then comes to the forums and speculates on how well they'll perform based on the very generic information we get from the deep dives. The say based on a deep dive how amazing a champ will be or won't be. Though, the community has a terrible track record in terms of who they think will be bad.

Completely disagree. Deep Dives are akin to instructional videos.
  • Options

TheSaith said:

There are 8 champs in the game that are fully immune to shock. There are 5 additional champs in the game that are immune to shock if meeting certain conditions.
    What are those 13 champs?? I feel like I know who they are when they come up in a quest or something but I can't think of any off the top of my head
    There's actually more. I realized I was looking at an immunity chart from 2021.

Full immunity to shock-
    Mole Man
    Dr Doom
    Electro
    Terrax
    Shuri
    Korg
    Thing
    Nebula
    Hulkling
    Ant Man
    Scorpion
    Silver Surfer
    Thor Jane Foster
    Cassie Lang
    Super Skrull

Champs with immunity under conditions-
    IDoom w/Armor up
    Silver Centurion w/Armor Up
    Storm Pyramid X w/both blessings up
    Venompool against tech
    Emma Frost in diamond form
    Absorbing Man in Black Uru form.

So, 20 instead of 13 which there's 246 champs in the game. Odds are you aren't running into shock immune in every fight.
    Oh ok. Thanks for this. I didn't know about Mole Man, Shuri, Silver Surfer, Silver Centurion, Venompool, or Storm X but that's cause I never used Idoom against those champs. Although I'm wondering about Jane Foster, I thought she wasn't immune but she just reduced the potency by 100%? Am I wrong??
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

Completely disagree. Deep Dives are akin to instructional videos.
    I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Idoom is actually very good for this months EQ tech node. Barring a few pesky defenders, he can take most of the defenders in the chapter. In 1-2 rotations you are at max furies and the fight is over after a sp2.

Can you please explain how iDoom gains furies on these nodes.

Am I missing something in his kit?

• Options

Graves_3 said:

I think Idoom could benefit from this with the Vision relic but theres a chance I'm missing something. I don't at all recall Idoom having access to Armor Break OR Heal Block
  • Options

TheSaith said:

TheSaith said:

I do know, I used every rotation, did Alot, but that even matter if Hulkbuster use sp1 even if i bait it ?? Is it even matter if it's crumbling armor node , or fighting against surfer ,he just charge and release heavy, or is it matter fighting against any nullify or armor break champ ??? If you got any way around those plz do tell me 🙂
    Yeah it's very simple: don't bring him into those match-ups. You argue that he sucks and then bring him into a match-up where he's at a disadvantage. No one to blame but yourself.
    So we can't bring him up in almost 60% fights/nodes/champs 🤣🤣🤣 wow what a GOD tier 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

You are right. I am still thinking of last months nodes. I just explored last months tech chapter on the last day of the month so still have some inertia from that.
  • Options
    DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 132 ★★

TheSaith said:

TheSaith said:

TheSaith said:

Yeah it's very simple: don't bring him into those match-ups. You argue that he sucks and then bring him into a match-up where he's at a disadvantage. No one to blame but yourself.
    So we can't bring him up in almost 60% fights/nodes/champs 🤣🤣🤣 wow what a GOD tier 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    First of all, that is a terrible estimation.

There are 5 nodes that place an unavoidable (in most cases) armor break on you afaik: Crumbling Armor, Fissure, Fractured Guard, Rust and Ruin, and Special Burst Lockdown. These are incredibly rare in-game. Crumbling Armor is almost exclusively placed in Havok fights nowadays. Special Burst Lockdown can be found in AW and AQ but you have 10 players in the same BG with 3 champions each. I'm sure someone else can take that fight for you. The other 3 are almost exclusive to story content, and even then it's incredibly rare to find them. If you do, it's only a lane. You can potentially use IDoom for the other 5 lanes.

Armor break champions. Like I mentioned before, this is an ability usually found in cosmic champions. Why would you ever bring a tech champion to a fight with class disadvantage? That's just an incredibly stupid idea. Given the nature of class relationships, many cosmic champions are immune or resistant to the common Tech abilities. Even then, you can still make IDoom work against some of them.

Nullify/Stagger/Fate Seal champions. Stagger won't affect IDoom so that's not an issue. You have around 8 mystic champions that can nullify/fate seal you while hitting them or it's just outright unavoidable. Not really a lot in a game with 246 characters. Then you have nodes like Buffet, Power Snack and Buffet over time. You can play around those by taking advantage of the dexterity buff. Not an issue. Only Tranquility can really mess him up.

And then you mentioned Hulkbuster. You should fight him almost exclusively with a cosmic champion due to his OAAR for every armor up on him. Shock immune champions aren't an issue when take into account the Peni Parker synergy.

So in total we have 45 cosmic champions (you shouldn't be taking these fights with tech champ in the first place), and 8 unavoidable nullifiers. That makes a grand total of 53 in a game with 246 champions which comes out to 21.5%. Now taking into account how often Tranquility, Crumbling Armor, Fissure, Fractured Guard, Rust and Ruin, and Special Burst Lockdown appear in meaningful content where you would want to take with IDoom, I'd say that it doesn't even get close to representing 30% of the match-ups in the entire game.

All in all your argument as to why IDoom sucks is still bad. Stop trying to bring champions into match-ups that aren't designed for them. It's just stupid. Furthermore, a champion doesn't need to be able to clear every single piece of content in the game to be considered good. In fact, it's better when champions aren't able to do that. Adds more variety to the game
    When you are to hellbent on proving a point, you don't really see things with open mind.

1. There are 80+ champions with armour break
    2. 32 champs with nullify, mostly mystic
    3. You didn't consider the most common node an path, the attackers buff gets nullify to gain defender power, attacker buffs nullify to gain defender health.
    4. You didn't even include shock immune champions
    5. Then there are specialist with purify in them, you can't place any debuffs and many others as suchit listing all

Biggest issue with above point hie easily you assume just 1 path is an issue when above so many defends can be on different paths as well.

Let's be objective with data here. 60% is pretty good assumption to start with I would say.
  • Options

TheSaith said:

TheSaith said:

TheSaith said:

First of all, that is a terrible estimation.

There are 5 nodes that place an unavoidable (in most cases) armor break on you afaik: Crumbling Armor, Fissure, Fractured Guard, Rust and Ruin, and Special Burst Lockdown. These are incredibly rare in-game. Crumbling Armor is almost exclusively placed in Havok fights nowadays. Special Burst Lockdown can be found in AW and AQ but you have 10 players in the same BG with 3 champions each. I'm sure someone else can take that fight for you. The other 3 are almost exclusive to story content, and even then it's incredibly rare to find them. If you do, it's only a lane. You can potentially use IDoom for the other 5 lanes.

Armor break champions. Like I mentioned before, this is an ability usually found in cosmic champions. Why would you ever bring a tech champion to a fight with class disadvantage? That's just an incredibly stupid idea. Given the nature of class relationships, many cosmic champions are immune or resistant to the common Tech abilities. Even then, you can still make IDoom work against some of them.

Nullify/Stagger/Fate Seal champions. Stagger won't affect IDoom so that's not an issue. You have around 8 mystic champions that can nullify/fate seal you while hitting them or it's just outright unavoidable. Not really a lot in a game with 246 characters. Then you have nodes like Buffet, Power Snack and Buffet over time. You can play around those by taking advantage of the dexterity buff. Not an issue. Only Tranquility can really mess him up.

And then you mentioned Hulkbuster. You should fight him almost exclusively with a cosmic champion due to his OAAR for every armor up on him. Shock immune champions aren't an issue when take into account the Peni Parker synergy.

So in total we have 45 cosmic champions (you shouldn't be taking these fights with tech champ in the first place), and 8 unavoidable nullifiers. That makes a grand total of 53 in a game with 246 champions which comes out to 21.5%. Now taking into account how often Tranquility, Crumbling Armor, Fissure, Fractured Guard, Rust and Ruin, and Special Burst Lockdown appear in meaningful content where you would want to take with IDoom, I'd say that it doesn't even get close to representing 30% of the match-ups in the entire game.

All in all your argument as to why IDoom sucks is still bad. Stop trying to bring champions into match-ups that aren't designed for them. It's just stupid. Furthermore, a champion doesn't need to be able to clear every single piece of content in the game to be considered good. In fact, it's better when champions aren't able to do that. Adds more variety to the game
    When you are to hellbent on proving a point, you don't really see things with open mind.

1. There are 80+ champions with armour break
    2. 32 champs with nullify, mostly mystic
    3. You didn't consider the most common node an path, the attackers buff gets nullify to gain defender power, attacker buffs nullify to gain defender health.
    4. You didn't even include shock immune champions
    5. Then there are specialist with purify in them, you can't place any debuffs and many others as suchit listing all

Biggest issue with above point hie easily you assume just 1 path is an issue when above so many defends can be on different paths as well.

Let's be objective with data here. 60% is pretty good assumption to start with I would say.
    That's what i was about to write, fine 8 nodes with armor break,but what about buffet etc that nullify ur buff and regenerate opponent?? What about shock immune,or debuff immune nodes ?? 🤣🤣🤣 He's only good at killing bishop that too with no his weakness nodes 🤣🤣🤣