**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

How is he not #metal?

Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Posts: 89 ★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Some champs have far less obvious metallic objects in their costumes and get the #metal tag, so I’m curious as to how this guy avoids it? They haven’t done a very good job of explaining it away in his info, so I assume it’s just a case of not wanting to add another easy Magneto target and not caring enough to explain how it’s not #metal 🤷‍♂️
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,345 ★★★★★
    There are already too many #metal champs and you're wanting another one?
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,766 ★★★★★
    This is purely a game balance thing. Ofc he is metal, but doesn't have the tag, because Kabam doesn't want him to be Magneto food.

Also, since White Megneto is bleed immune, bcs he can stop bleeding using the iron in his blood, it is pointless to apply any logic here. For gameplay reasons, some champs aren't #Metal. We gotta accept it
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I don't mind him not having the #metal, he's so squishy anyway why bother.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 306 ★★
    this guy dies too fast for me to think of mag
  • Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 635 ★★★
    He's not metal for sure, his suit can't be metal but of something shock proof typo thing , and his gauntlets must be alien tech not just magnetic you know.
  • Options

I don’t know what you’ve been reading, but no where in my post was I demanding or wanting another #metal champ, it was simply just a question out of curiosity.

Some good answers in here that shed some light on the subject, but it’s probably just a case of Kabam randomly picking and choosing and not having any idea or method in their tag selecting process.

Misty Knight’s Vibranium arm somehow gets her the #metal tag.
  • Options

Loads of metal aren't magnetic - Copper, Silver, Gold for starters. They don't interact with magnetism.

In the context of MCOC the #Metal tag doesn't really mean 'metal'. It means 'Ferrous', or 'a metal subject to being magnetised'.

Vibranium is clearly a metal; but BPCW, Killmonger, and Shuri aren't subject to magnetism.

Whatever metal is used by the Tech members of the Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket, Star Lord, Yondu) clearly isn't magnetic either. Despite Yondu having a cybernetic fin on his head, and Rocket having cybernetic implants.

It's perfectly acceptable to state that whatever Shocker used to build his gauntlets isn't subject to magnetism.

It would be be a nice tweak if Dr Octopus lost his #Metal tag, too... 😉

Yes, I agree. My main point is that they have done nothing to explain it away. If they said something like “his gauntlets, that are made of copper” in his bio, this conversation wouldn’t be happening.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,766 ★★★★★

I don’t know what you’ve been reading, but no where in my post was I demanding or wanting another #metal champ, it was simply just a question out of curiosity.

Some good answers in here that shed some light on the subject, but it’s probably just a case of Kabam randomly picking and choosing and not having any idea or method in their tag selecting process.

You seem to have completely missed the point. It's not random at all, Kabam select which champs will be #metal with the game balance in mind.

This champion isn't seen as "Shocker", it is seen as "non-#metal Tech". Same case for Misty. She isn't "Misty Knight", she is "#metal Skill". It doesn't matter who the champ is in this context. Kabam planned to add a "non-#metal Tech" in April 2023, because in their opinion, the game needed another such champ. And it doesn't matter if the champ is Shocker, Prowler, Thinker or another Iron-man.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,451 ★★★★★
    Just realised he is dying so fast due to foresight and the attack boost we are getting.
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

You seem to have completely missed the point. It's not random at all, Kabam select which champs will be #metal with the game balance in mind.

This champion isn't seen as "Shocker", it is seen as "non-#metal Tech". Same case for Misty. She isn't "Misty Knight", she is "#metal Skill". It doesn't matter who the champ is in this context. Kabam planned to add a "non-#metal Tech" in April 2023, because in their opinion, the game needed another such champ. And it doesn't matter if the champ is Shocker, Prowler, Thinker or another Iron-man.
    What? That is just ridiculous. If they’re not intending on explaining why a metal champ isn’t tagged #metal or why a non metal champ is tagged #metal, that’s pretty much the definition of random.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,117 ★★★★
    TheSaith said:

He's not metal for sure, his suit can't be metal but of something shock proof typo thing , and his gauntlets must be alien tech not just magnetic you know.

They aren't alien tech. They were designed by Shocker himself
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

TheSaith said:

Possibly by using Alien tech or metals. The game isn’t necessarily based on any particular media, it is it’s own universe within the multiverse.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,117 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
    ItsDamien said:

TheSaith said:

Possibly by using Alien tech or metals. The game isn’t necessarily based on any particular media, it is it’s own universe within the multiverse.

Doesn't seem like he was in the RAFT when he first built the gauntlets so having access to alien tech would be nearly impossible
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

TheSaith said:

Doesn't seem like he was in the RAFT when he first built the gauntlets so having access to alien tech would be nearly impossible
    You’re basing it off the tools he created while in prison? That’s like basing Ironmans Nanotech suits off the suit he built while trapped in a cave with a box of scraps. There’s nothing that infers that at some point after being in prison that he didn’t then make newer versions.
This discussion has been closed.