**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's time for matchup-specific ko's

The players seem to universally enjoy the matchup-specific call outs. It's a neat little interaction/easter egg. Now, you should take the next step.

Introducing Sandman gave you a really obv door. Remember when I told you that you should have snapped the players' rosters by half in coordination with the movie and let them win it all back over x time? Yeah this is one of those times. Kinda like bg's, gifting, and incursions. Gold mines and necessary fixes. Anyway, back to it.

Defeat sandman with an incinerate champ? He turns to glass and they shatter him. Use Attuma or Namor? Wash him away. But it only procs when the correct finishing blow/effect happens.

Obv sandman is a very basic one. There are tons of other non-fatalities (wink wink) that can be done. Which, I can't even lie here... I'm blown away that THIS company hasn't already seen the sales potential for this stuff. There could be diff ko's available with various input combos, they could be unlockable, they could be a prize to the top x% in y content. More than that, they could be equippable for war and bg defenders. Most players scoffed at the emotes, and rightfully so. Many probably still bought them bc we're addicts but that's beside the point. Do you realize how crazy people would go for doom ripping out spines?!?! (yes I know that's not happening but you get the idea).

I told myself no more freebies a few years back but I like to see good ideas come to life. You don't even have to wait 6 months to start implementing this time. Players would love it and you'd get to pay real homage to your creators' fav comic memories. Revenue thru the roof, players, enjoying things, and nobody had to take anything from players to make it happen.

Comments

• Options
    Lmao kabam is not a fix things company. Idk how long you people have played this game but it's extremely apparent to anyone who has paid attention. If they were, they'd have altered their new content/champs/updates cycle long ago and built-in fix it months in between the new stuff. They fix as they can (sometimes) and break things regularly as the new champ/node/ability/etc is more important to the bottom line.

It's wild that no one pays attention.

Kabam is a new feature company. When players face that reality, most things will be better. Despite what everyone has said for 8 years, the game isn't dying until the new features stop. Hence, their release cadence.

Tired and unnecessary doesn't cover a poorly copied, poorly implemented emotes system that was tired and unnecessary when 450 other mobile games did it in the last 5-10 years? Blatant, needless cash grabs are cool I guess. Best part is anyone crapping on the idea would pay a monthly sub to be able to use them lmao. There's not been a single negative reaction to the idea in any chat so far, but random forum user says it's bad so there's that. He def wouldn't want to see his newly buffed Hulk do the "puny god" finisher when fighting a Loki. That'd be awful and no fun at all.
  • Options
    Hmm would ya look at that.

How interesting.

I was told things like this were bad and needless bloat and outdated and not cool and should never happen.

https://youtu.be/Cyy0ScJqdXE
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    Wasn't on my radar but I'm not mad at it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

Hmm would ya look at that.

How interesting.

I was told things like this were bad and needless bloat and outdated and not cool and should never happen.

Specific Sp3s are not a new thing and are different to wide-ranging specific interaction KOs like defeating sandman with an incinerate champ turns him to glass - which sounds like an animation and coding nightmare for very little gain.

QS has a specific Sp3 animation with himself, mojo and rocket have specific animations with champions.

Adding combo fatalities to MCOC is wildly different to a couple of specific sp3 animations - which are fairly easy to do in comparison.
  • Options
    6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Semantics won't change how unimaginative people are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Semantics won't change how unimaginative people are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn’t semantics. There is a real difference between both the gameplay mechanics, and resources needed for adding Sp3 animations vs specific Ko animations

That is not semantics I’m afraid
  • Options
    Yeah man. L3 animations and fight-end animations are wildly different creatures.

It's cool that they added this one, it's a sign that they may add more (or might have already done so), and it's derivative of the og post. Plus, it achieves the same goal as the 'fatality'... Cool, unique character interactions that give nods to panels/scenes/lore in an easter egg-y kinda way.

It may develop further, it may not. Kabam takes ideas and gives them their own spin, it's always been their way (results may vary). Idgaf if they don't progress to complex input sequences launching a special 'thing', it doesn't even need to be that complicated tbh. An L1/2/3 finisher w the right champs can do it. Start simple, progress if possible, don't stress if you can't. Create/test 20 new features, 2 may make it in-game.

Creativity is a good thing.