Costs of 7* crystals revealed!!

Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Member Posts: 417 ★★★
The cost of a 7* crystal is 15,000 shards. Opinions?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★

I'm actually trying the understand this new cost, they said over and over during the stream that it wouldn't matter because everything about the rewards will scale, so why do it? I mean if nothing changes about the acquisition then there's no real reason to do it.
    I'm guessing is the 6* dup shards but feels to big of a change just because of that

Cuz it does benefit them. They are full of ****....it's a bad pr move when you get 275 for duping a six star....that didn't scale so don't scale the cost....plain and simple
    How does it benefit them?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

IKON said:

Axew said:

So the point is to nerf acquisition through 6 star dupes? Why was that necessary?

Just a guess, but I believe it's because 7* are coming out at a time when a lot of end game players have every 6* champion, and they'd like to slow progress of those accounts.

Whether that's a good move or not, I dunno.
    They could slow them down by limiting the 7* shards supply, not by creating a long term inconsistency problem with the 15k price.
    That was a bad call from the game team, that will increase the gap between ftp and whales even more than it is now.
    Watch the whales pulling all 36 7*s in the first month no matter the shards price 😉
    I suspect they've learned from the experience with 6*s. Ultimately it's about pacing acquisition and making sure the entire system eases into their introduction. Perhaps a couple years down the road they'll be more available, either by Shards or cost. All-in-all, it's a reasonable change. It's easy to understand why.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    15k is complete and total BS
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    Honestly it feels like a response to the big whale and YTers having so many shards already which sucks for all the rest of us. Yet another turn off in a long line of them lately.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian

well the fact they are saying BASIC crystals means they might already have ideas of 20k or maybe even 25k for featured or class crystals the cost is going to be insane and the pool has a lot of champs that require dupe to be great or just bad tier champs. i know the majority of people are going to pull a gambit, rocket, or og spidey(and no hes still buns after update, not worth r2)

There is no featured 7* crystals.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    IKON said:

Axew said:

So the point is to nerf acquisition through 6 star dupes? Why was that necessary?

Just a guess, but I believe it's because 7* are coming out at a time when a lot of end game players have every 6* champion, and they'd like to slow progress of those accounts.

Whether that's a good move or not, I dunno.
    Sadly it doesn't slow their progress, just everyone else's. The people who have every 6* and most of them r3+ are going to do the same with 7* at whatever pace they choose.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

well the fact they are saying BASIC crystals means they might already have ideas of 20k or maybe even 25k for featured or class crystals the cost is going to be insane and the pool has a lot of champs that require dupe to be great or just bad tier champs. i know the majority of people are going to pull a gambit, rocket, or og spidey(and no hes still buns after update, not worth r2)

No, there are no featured crystals.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

I'm actually trying the understand this new cost, they said over and over during the stream that it wouldn't matter because everything about the rewards will scale, so why do it? I mean if nothing changes about the acquisition then there's no real reason to do it.
    I'm guessing is the 6* dup shards but feels to big of a change just because of that

Cuz it does benefit them. They are full of ****....it's a bad pr move when you get 275 for duping a six star....that didn't scale so don't scale the cost....plain and simple
    How does it benefit them?
    50% higher cost for 7* shard acquisition meaning you're more likely to feel the need to purchase 7* shards.

If you limit supply then it pushes up the price of things, ceteris paribus.

The Mythic Nexus for $5 is a good chance at 275 7*, which is too cheap if a 7* still cost 10k shards.

Except we get 6* shards like candy.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^