**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

8.2 rewards... underwhelming

Am I the only a little disappointed and underwhelmed at the rewards for 8.2 100%

6* shards, r4 gem etc..
With 7* just around the corner and r5 champs existing, they seem a little bit low to me. Still better than a kick in the teeth though I suppose.

Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 167

Iamant1 said:

Yeah but if they were released at the same time as 8.1 maybe... but like 6 months later the game has moved on a LOT.. 7* champs, r5 6* champs are more common.. and the rewards don't let you get either of them for all the effort.

You get enough for 2 full R4's and a healthy amount of R5 mats. This is 8.2 not Act 8 overall rewards. 8.1 had t5B and t2a for path rewards. 8.2 has T6b and T3A for path rewards.

No one has 7* champs and R5's are not common unless you're top 10 aw.

If course, some people will just never be happy.
    I'm far from a top 10 player and have 24 r4 champs and 1x r5. Dont need another r4.. most paragon players are the same
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Iamant1 said:

Iamant1 said:

Yeah but if they were released at the same time as 8.1 maybe... but like 6 months later the game has moved on a LOT.. 7* champs, r5 6* champs are more common.. and the rewards don't let you get either of them for all the effort.

You get enough for 2 full R4's and a healthy amount of R5 mats. This is 8.2 not Act 8 overall rewards. 8.1 had t5B and t2a for path rewards. 8.2 has T6b and T3A for path rewards.

I'm far from a top 10 player and have 24 r4 champs and 1x r5. Dont need another r4.. most paragon players are the same
    I only have 5 r4 on both accounts 😭🤣
  • Options
    Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    They are pretty good considering this is only 8.2.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Iamant1 said:

Iamant1 said:

Cool. Then you'll get 3 of each T6B and T3A for path rewards and 1 of each for completion. Gets you closer to another R5. But like I said, they'll never make some people happy.

I'd still like to know how 7*'s are more common.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    If you have the rewards at the end of the first pass, I'm interested ;)
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    I think the rewards are fine, however considering that only get one chapter every 6-7 months kind of makes it a bit less so. When they come around that rarely, feel could do more.
  • Options
    Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 167
    _Pez_ said:

I think the rewards are fine, however considering that only get one chapter every 6-7 months kind of makes it a bit less so. When they come around that rarely, feel could do more.

This is exactly my point.. if this chapter came out when 8.1 did would say they were okay.. but for the difficulty and time taken, they're a bit low.
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Honestly the focus should be on making 6 star rank 4 materials easier to get in order to get a 6 star rank 5 and a 7 star rank 2
    Because if you don't have a rank 4 how are you gonna get a rank 5?
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Rewards are good. Don’t forget that traditionally the best rewards are from completion and exploration of the act, not the chapters.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    I thought they said they will be giving out the same amount of 7* shards as 6* shards? So i was expecting to see more 7* shards 🤔
  • Options

I thought they said they will be giving out the same amount of 7* shards as 6* shards? So i was expecting to see more 7* shards 🤔

Why would you think that?
  • Options
    edited April 2023

In the twitch video at 1:14. I thought he meant this 🤣
  • Options
    edited April 2023

The amount of 6* shards are scaling higher to get more dupes equaling more 7* shards in addition to the additional 7* shard rewards. Why would anyone expect 56k 7* shards for 8.2?
  • Options

The amount of 6* shards are scaling higher to get more dupes equaling more 7* shards in addition to the additional 7* shard rewards. Why would anyone expect 40k 7* shards for 8.2?
    My bad i interpret it wrongly.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Other rewards are fine but just 75 sig stones is definitely underwhelming
    6* shards also feel lackluster..... probably to further restrict 7* availability for a while as that will be the new cash cow for a while alongwith T6CC
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

Other rewards are fine but just 75 sig stones is definitely underwhelming
    6* shards also feel lackluster..... probably to further restrict 7* availability for a while as that will be the new cash cow for a while alongwith T6CC

There's 16k more 6* shards in path rewards.

Exploration went from 20k 6* shards to 2 6* nexus crystals. That's an increase since it's more opportunities to vs 20k shards.

There's 4k 7* shards. Sooooo..... How is that ro further restrict 7* availability? It's a increase over 8.1 but somehow more restrictive?