**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Update: Erroneous 'Bundle 1' for Thronebreakers in GWBB

Comments

• Options
    NexusHNexusH Posts: 3
    edited April 2023
    I think it's not just about people being unhappy about them not recieving that bundle, it's just that this mistake was not on the player's end, not everyone can assume that this would have been a bug, I myself got the bundles but I didn't think it was a bug since 7*s are coming next month, so them giving out a bunch of 6* shards would have made sense, it's mainly about the way kabam handled this issue, ofc they can't please every single person who plays the game, there will always be someone who doesn't agrees with their decision but a mistake on kabam's end is their responsibility as anything that creates an imbalance among the community due a mistake made by them is not the player's fault, whether in short term or in long term and finding an appropriate solution for it is their job in the end, if I were to recommend a good enough compensation for this matter then it would be giving out at the very least 5 6* crystals or 1 6* champion selector from the year of your choice/abyss nexus selector to those who were affected by this bug and weren't able to get that bundle, that would be an appropriate compensation for that bug in my opinion, you are open to disagree with it tho.

This is just a recommendation and my personal opinion on this whole issue, not a necessity or an argument over anyone else's opinion.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 616 ★★★
    NexusH said:

I think it's not just about people being unhappy about them not recieving that bundle, it's just that this mistake was not on the player's end, not everyone can assume that this would have been a bug, I myself got the bundles but I didn't think it was a bug since 7*s are coming next month, so them giving out a bunch of 6* shards would have made sense, it's mainly about the way kabam handled this issue, ofc they can't please every single person who plays the game, there will always be someone who doesn't agrees with their decision but a mistake on kabam's end is their responsibility as anything that creates an imbalance among the community due a mistake made by them is not the player's fault, whether in short term or in long term and finding an appropriate solution for it is their job in the end, if I were to recommend a good enough compensation for this matter then it would be giving out at the very least 5 6* crystals or 1 6* champion selector from the year of your choice/abyss nexus selector to those who were affected by this bug and weren't able to get that bundle, that would be an appropriate compensation for that bug in my opinion, you are open to disagree with it tho.

This is just a recommendation and my personal opinion on this whole issue, not a necessity or an argument over anyone else's opinion.

This is tricky way to navigate it tho, what about those who only bought the bundle once and got a bad pull. Suddenly everyone else gets a selector that gives them chances to get top champs like herc while all they got was cyclops
  • Options
    Unknown_playerUnknown_player Posts: 15
    As a Thronebreaker player who lives in a time zone that would not have allowed me to capitalize on KABAM's mistake, I should neither deserve compensation nor the right to complain about me not reaping the rewards of their mistake. However, nobody should be allowed to capitalize on this crazy bug that, mind you, gave 900% more 6* shards than it should. Furthermore, despite KABAM stating that only an insignificant quantity of players received this erroneous quantity of shards, the comments on this post beg to differ. I believe that those unaffected by this mistake should remain that way, but the players who purchased the offer should have the 6* champions acquired this way removed, and be compensated with a 6* abyss nexus selector.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Flipp said:

I’d be willing to bet those who have an issue with this, only do so as they did not benefit. They’d be quiet as a mouse if they did. I benefited and as soon as they made a comment, I assumed I’d lose my champs, which I was ok with l, even though it sucked.

Flipp said:

At the end of the day it is what it is. Keep complaining or move on or “boycott” and whatever else you wanna do. Instead of complaining you could just quit posting and quit playing the game if it is that big an issue.

You are not really as quiet as a mouse now are you?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,421 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

I just hope Kabam is fair enough with the rest of the players and they enable a similar bundle for the ones that couldnt get that, that would be the fair choice, a lot of people would happily pay for that 20 6*, or like I said before, 20 Nexus Mythic Crystals, that wouldnt be that good but it would be still something like

"Hey, we know we did it wrong, this is the best we can offer to compensate"

So are you going to tag me when one of these players faces you in BGs or AW and costs you a win because of all the god tier champs they got?

I find it funny you had an answer for all my other replies but now, you won't reply to my request. I wonder why that is 🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

I just hope Kabam is fair enough with the rest of the players and they enable a similar bundle for the ones that couldnt get that, that would be the fair choice, a lot of people would happily pay for that 20 6*, or like I said before, 20 Nexus Mythic Crystals, that wouldnt be that good but it would be still something like

So are you going to tag me when one of these players faces you in BGs or AW and costs you a win because of all the god tier champs they got?

I find it funny you had an answer for all my other replies but now, you won't reply to my request. I wonder why that is 🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Because I noticed that after explaining it quite a few times you wont understand the point so I just stopped trying, you can be all the wrong you want, aint gonna lose more time on you
    No, that's not it. I'm sure you realized something after I said that but this isn't it. Try again.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Because I noticed that after explaining it quite a few times you wont understand the point so I just stopped trying, you can be all the wrong you want, aint gonna lose more time on you
    No, that's not it. I'm sure you realized something after I said that but this isn't it. Try again.
    Believe what you want lol, Im not gonna argue as I said, have a nice Sunday fam
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Bruh you been steady living on this thread since it went up defending Kabam’s error as if you work for them lol. Plus you also mentioned earlier you are paragon and that this error had 0 impact on you. Idk why you’re trying to plead such a case on something that never concerned you to begin with. For us that are TB, getting 20 extra 6* makes a giant difference for war and BG. Some of us didn’t want to risk getting banned over taking advantage of an obvious glitch offer. Some of us out here have actual morals and ethics and don’t try to exploit a glitch every time we’re given the chance. We should be rewarded for our integrity but nah. Lol. We do have a right to feel slighted by Kabam’s response. Respect should go both ways.
    1. I'm allowed to comment when I want.
    2. I'm allowed to have an opinion, regardless of my in-game standing.
    3. You can't know if it makes a giant difference because you don't know what pulls you would have gotten.
    4. There's no chance you thought you were going to get banned because you didn't know the details of each bundle until they were released. So there's no way your "morals" kicked in and said "don't do it".
    5. The only reason you care is because you didn't/couldn't take advantage. It's not about being slighted or disrespected. It's only about you not being to do it.
  • Options
    Unknown_playerUnknown_player Posts: 15
    Despite most players (from what I have seen) not liking this announcement, I think the backlash isn't enough to do anything. Kabam has likely already calculated the expected amount of player base indignation and unless the feedback is overwhelmingly negative, nothing will happen. There is nothing to be done here, and if we are honest with ourselves, KABAM will do nothing.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    It's simple, really. There was an error. Sometimes you have to weigh the overall effect of further action. Sometimes the solution isn't a solution at all because it makes an already-erroneous situation more complicated. Putting in hours of work to remove Champs for a small number of Accounts isn't exactly a reasonable use of time and energy when effectively it doesn't affect the health of the game. Giving 20 6*s to all TB Players would create an imbalance. Not to mention open a conversation about giving it to all Players. You have to fight fires as they come.
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Because you have nothing else to argue. You know that you won't be affected by any of the people that were able to get it. You know you'll never be able to point them out. You know you'll never be able to blame a loss in BGs and AW on any of these people because you know it won't impact you.

All you have left to hang on to is that you didn't get to buy those shards and some people did and your jealousy is what is driving you to play the victim as if you'll never be able to progress because of these other players.

Everything you've claimed is now a mute point because you know you won't be impacted.
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Because you have nothing else to argue. You know that you won't be affected by any of the people that were able to get it. You know you'll never be able to point them out. You know you'll never be able to blame a loss in BGs and AW on any of these people because you know it won't impact you.

All you have left to hang on to is that you didn't get to buy those shards and some people did and your jealousy is what is driving you to play the victim as if you'll never be able to progress because of these other players.

Everything you've claimed is now a mute point because you know you won't be impacted.
    Nope.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 616 ★★★

Despite most players (from what I have seen) not liking this announcement, I think the backlash isn't enough to do anything. Kabam has likely already calculated the expected amount of player base indignation and unless the feedback is overwhelmingly negative, nothing will happen. There is nothing to be done here, and if we are honest with ourselves, KABAM will do nothing.

I thought about this and it’s still a bit complicated to just say they should fix it. There is a lot of factor that goes in to it

For starters, how does kabam make up for this mistake?

They can’t just take back champs because that will be too time consuming as you will have to worry about rank up materials, iso, sigs, gems and ect that went into those champs after the pull. Although the number of people who got it are small relative to the entire playerbase (i.e 5k is 5% of 100k player base) its still gonna be a large number for the team at kabam to handle straight away. If it was a bug that players intentionally exploited then it would be easy to penalise players by not giving the resources they put into a champ back as they broke the rules, however this cannot be classified as a intentional exploit therefor the summoners who bought the bundle are not at fault and should be refunded if they choose to take back the champs.

How about compensation for other players?

What will be the compensation is a tricky question because they obviously don’t want to give 20 6* crystal to everyone as although 7* are coming 6* will still have a relevant foot hold for this year as the resources for 7* are scarce, the pool of the 7* is 13% of the total playable characters so building a roaster is still far off, finally the release of a 7* will still be weaker then a 6* r4 and 6* r5 so simply giving one of their most valuable resources away to everyone would still cause a lot of issues for the games balance. Also what about those who bought the bundle with the free to play currency, at most they would of gotten 4 6* crystals, also those who bought one but decided they wont buy anymore till the end of the event to so that they can gather all the baubles and make a informed decision. If everyone who bought the bundle like this and then see everyone else get 20 it would be extremely unfair for them as well but kabam can’t get to all of them and make it up by giving them crystals for every one they didn’t as again it will be time consuming. You could lower the compensation amount but that would still bring outrage from players who still think its not a fair balance. You could give a abyss but that would still have people who bought the bundle once and pulled a bad champ angry, a champion selector essentially means go take whatever champ you want such as herc. No matter what you do there will be someone complaining so a compensation fix won’t make the situation just magically go away.

Game In balance?

As i mentioned the people who bought the bundle would not all have bought 20 off the bat, it was opened for 40 min and there are alot of non spenders as well as those who would probably only spent enough to get 10 or those who bought one or two and wanted to wait till later before spending their baubles. Also there is a rng to this game, people would not have gotten all their champs to be god tier champs as someone out their could of gotten both cyclops and other pulls that may have extremely niche uses but are also overshadowed by other champs. The factors within this is too random so creating fear that every thornbreaker you run into in war or battleground will be jacked up due to this bug is playing on paranoia and causing unnecessary panic. Yes i acknowledge you will probably hear stories of you alliance mate or someone on global gloat about their great pull but thats a situation in which unfortunately you just have to move on from, i was pretty jealous to see someone get herc but it is what it is.

As for what this means for the future, i think people stating that this means its a green light for them to exploit obvious bugs in the future need to remember this wasn’t a intentional exploit, it was a mistake on kabam part and they should try prevent this mistake in the future by announcing the bundles in a forum post a day before the release to make sure the summoners know whats in a bundle so they can have a valid reason to penalise a player.
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Nope.
    Yep. Go ahead then. Tag me when you lose a BG match to one of them. Prove me wrong because you can't right now.
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Nope.
    Yep. Go ahead then. Tag me when you lose a BG match to one of them. Prove me wrong because you can't right now.
    You are probably old enough to keep acting like a child fam, enjoy your Sunday and stop arguing alone, cheers!
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Nope.
    You are probably old enough to keep acting like a child fam, enjoy your Sunday and stop arguing alone, cheers!
    Ah yes, here comes the insults. You've got nothing left except this.
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Nope.
    Ah yes, here comes the insults. You've got nothing left except this.
    Keep it going!
  • Options
    Thorki said:

You guys gotta learn to stop feeding the troll. Demonzfyre is a notorious individual on these forums, a constant contrarian whose only source of joy is arguing online. Just look at his profile, 45k disagrees and I know for a fact that he had over 1.5k "reports of abuse" back when Kabam displayed that stat along with the others.
    Demonzfyre will continue to attack and jab any comments you make without actually contributing in any positive way. A word of advice for everyone's well being, ignore them and move on.

I haven't attacked anyone in this thread nor have I insulted anyone.

Most of the disagrees in my profile are there because people on these forums can't handle anyone having a different opinion of "Kabam bad". They'll press disagree with no matter what I say.
  • Options
    DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Thorki said:

You guys gotta learn to stop feeding the troll. Demonzfyre is a notorious individual on these forums, a constant contrarian whose only source of joy is arguing online. Just look at his profile, 45k disagrees and I know for a fact that he had over 1.5k "reports of abuse" back when Kabam displayed that stat along with the others.
    Demonzfyre will continue to attack and jab any comments you make without actually contributing in any positive way. A word of advice for everyone's well being, ignore them and move on.

I haven't attacked anyone in this thread nor have I insulted anyone.

Most of the disagrees in my profile are there because people on these forums can't handle anyone having a different opinion of "Kabam bad". They'll press disagree with no matter what I say.
    Didn’t you call somebody drunk? Isn’t that attacking someone personally?
    No, that's an observation.
  • Options
    Thorki said:

Again guys, any reply to Demonfyre is simply feeding a contrarian troll. He can play innocent all he likes, he still has over 1.5k reports of abuse and 45k people dislike his rhetoric because he constantly stirs the pot and "subtly" insults everyone. Getting a rise out of people is one of his exceedingly few joys in life. Just ignore him and we can all have a better debate environment.

1.5k abuse was before the disagree button existed. It was used in the same manner. It's also not 45k people as much of that is from the same members of this forum.

Also, it's Demonzfyre.

Just because you don't quote on of my comments doesn't mean you aren't replying to things I say. It's basically the same thing.