**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I wish Kabam would quit sitting on information to our detriment

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
Kabam: here’s a week to buy some deals, some of which include 7-star shards

Kabam, the minute that those deals go away: there’s going to be a quest that will require you to earn at least 65,000 7-star shards to explore or require you to get insanely lucky with Paragon crystals. Happy hunting!

It’s painfully similar to the Act 7 10,000 unit offer. You knew Paragon was coming and that it’d affect the decisions summoners wanted to make, but the company kept quiet.

Fast forward one year and they’re holding back info until juuuust after Spring Cleaning offers leave the store. It’s disappointing, and frankly it seems counterproductive because the opportunity to explore the quest would appeal to summoners even if the 7-star pool didn’t.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    TyEdge said:

Pretty sure they said it was permanent so you'll be able to complete that quest eventually. The amount of 7* shards in the store were not worth the amount of baubles you'd have to buy anyway. Unless you planned on buying all the offers regardless.

Depending on the structure of rewards and paths, I’m certainly open to Kabam changing my mind, but Carina challenges 1/2 seem like a point of comparison here - if you aren’t on the train near launch, there will eventually be other ways to get the stuff more easily and this content may stay fully or partly unexplored.
    You need 5 7*'s to fully explore the quest. Obviously we need more info on that quest but Pargaon's can at least run 1 path. I'll only have 3 7*'s so I am excluded from this but there's no way I would have bought those 7* shards from the bauble event even knowing the event details. The other packages were way more valuable.

We're already getting more 7* shards included with MEQ's and SQ's plus the pretty good amount of 6* shards for those same quests as well. I don't think it'll take as long as you think.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Yeah theres no rush here. Its permanent. So calm yourself, youll eventually get it done when you have the resources to do so
  • This is honestly not a productive complaint. The amount of shards offered werent much. Nobody was really buying those shards. They are offering a lot more 6* shards which will eventually translate to 7* shards. Why complain for the sake of complaining really?
  • While I do sorta agree with Kabam releasing info in a better or more time friendly way, I will say they have gotten better. I don’t think I’m this situation it’s that much an issue. It isn’t necessary to do at launch and it is permanent content. You have the option to do and finish at launch if you meet requirements, but you have time to get 5 different 7* champs
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

While I do sorta agree with Kabam releasing info in a better or more time friendly way, I will say they have gotten better. I don’t think I’m this situation it’s that much an issue. It isn’t necessary to do at launch and it is permanent content. You have the option to do and finish at launch if you meet requirements, but you have time to get 5 different 7* champs

How much of an issue it is will depend on the reward structure and long term relevance of the rewards.

Carina 1 and 2 were largely obsolete once the next big sale approached, and they distinguished the best players and biggest grinders by providing early access to cutting edge resources.

Carina3/EOP rewards seem like they’ll have a bit more staying power and relevance than those. Then there’s stuff like Labyrinth, act 6 exploration and Abyss that are almost completely worth ignoring.

Fingers crossed they get it right, but as someone who likes having information, I feel burned when they release something notable that might’ve changed what I purchased immediately after a deal is gone.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Kabam aren’t obligated to give out details of the year’s upcoming releases in one big chunk so you can plan your year’s activities.

I personally have enjoyed them becoming more active on the streaming front for their bigger releases. It brings the company more to life than the few orange lines of text that is the forums.