Sinister SQ: Cosmic "mystery" champ on preview turns into Science Rhino upon start

ThaLoraxThaLorax Member Posts: 35
edited May 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
In SQ, Ive been having an issue where thecosmic "mystery" champ on preview turns into Science Rhino (or sometimes a tech Mysterio) upon start of the level. Being an SQ with an entry fee, you can't just restart the level with correct champs or you lose your entry key.

Anyone else been having this happen? It seems to only happen for the "mystery" cosmic nodes. And like I said, it usually turns into Rhino, but sometimes turns into Mysterio.

Before starting match

Same nodes, but after match started

Comments

• ThaLoraxThaLorax Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2023
    Oops. The images uploaded backwards from what I expected. The bottom image is (obviously) before beginning the level and the top on is after starting it

Edited OP for clarity
    And as you can see in said images, BOTH cosmic mystery nodes in the screenshots turned into a different class after starting the level
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    The intention of this month side quest is to be a totally random Sinister Six final opponent.
    Not sure why the Class was even being shown.
    But Random probably isn’t determined until you actually begin the quest (so not determined in preview) ?

Is this while still on April game version, or after May update ?
    Could be related to a bug last couple months (most notable AW/AQ) with Preview not being able to see detailed right side pane of opponent Info.
    They said the March (?) update broke something in preview that will be fixed in new May update (I think just reverted back to pre-March ?)
    That might help for last couple days of side quest.

But if not, remember, most all other previous “ticketed entry” side quests in past never used to allow ANY sort of Preview (Labs, Rifts, etc). And this one is also ticketed (with limited # of keys).

The intention of this month side quest is to be a totally random Sinister Six final opponent.
    Not sure why the Class was even being shown.
    But Random probably isn’t determined until you actually begin the quest (so not determined in preview) ?

Is this while still on April game version, or after May update ?
    Could be related to a bug last couple months (most notable AW/AQ) with Preview not being able to see detailed right side pane of opponent Info.
    They said the March (?) update broke something in preview that will be fixed in new May update (I think just reverted back to pre-March ?)
    That might help for last couple days of side quest.

But if not, remember, most all other previous “ticketed entry” side quests in past never used to allow ANY sort of Preview (Labs, Rifts, etc). And this one is also ticketed (with limited # of keys).

I did not realize there was a new update. My phone is set to automatically update, but i checked and a bunch of updates were available. Downloading MCOC update now and will report back
    Well that made the game way faster, but it it did not fix the class node

bait n switch