**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Permanent 30 minutes timers

Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
Dear Kabam devs

This is the most favorable thing you could add up to the game and gets thumbs-up from a large number of players
Please make this 30 minutes timers permanent
1 hour Timer is like keep waiting only
Most of the players are from working class who don't have much time to keep logging in again and again
The purpose of AQ must be checking the skill rather time
So there's a request to put forward

Thanks

Comments

• FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    It’s not going to happen
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    It’s not going to happen

Hope is the good thing
    And no good thing ever dies
    -Shawshank Redemption
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Probably won't happen. I don't know why these timers are set so high. You can't gain any advantage by moving faster. You can't do multiple routes, and you can't start another AQ/AW. It seems like a pointless annoyance. It's a problem because it is hard to coordinate with different schedules and timezones.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Since this was already discussed a ton of times in the past ...
    Not going to happen. Pretty much confirmed
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Please do NOT decrease to 30 minute timers. Throws off timing considerably and means a good portion of my alliance will be obsolete based solely on timezone.

I like my EU guys to be honest.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The argument that this makes timing harder or anyone obsolete is bizarre, it's does nothing but relieve the pressure, when you get a chance to check in you clear your lane, and when you have some game time like in the evenings you run your lane then have energy faster, it doesn't make any sense, there is just far less pressure all round, I don't have to nag my guys as much because it gets done easy and earlier when 30 min timers are on.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Won’t happen because it punishes players somehow
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They won't be made permanent. It's been discussed before. It's designed for 1 hour.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Dear Kabam devs

This is the most favorable thing you could add up to the game and gets thumbs-up from a large number of players
    Please make this 30 minutes timers permanent
    1 hour Timer is like keep waiting only
    Most of the players are from working class who don't have much time to keep logging in again and again
    The purpose of AQ must be checking the skill rather time
    So there's a request to put forward

Thanks

Kabam wants you to log into the game multiple times over whole day. With 30 min timers, most alliances would finish map 5 before noon, which in turn means no more MCOC for 8+ hours. People might see past their addiction that way and this shouldn't happen!
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    It's does tho cause watch 30 minute timers I can bring my top3 to aq rush it be done by 11pm then take my top 3 to war.
    Most people have aq and aw top champs. Especially in higher tier aw you take certain champs to deal with certain nodes
    Yes addiction is a thing which makes 1 hour timer
    Otherwise it doesn't serve any purpose imo
    But if they can do it for sometime why not for forever

It actually affects other Players. Occasionally, they have them if there is some kind of timing issue, or as a special incentive, but they've tested it long-term and it's caused issues.
    I don't know how it affects other players
    AQ is not about individual scoring high scores rather completion of entire map imo

P.s i didn't flag you @GroundedWisdom
    I don't know how it affects other players
    AQ is not about individual scoring high scores rather completion of entire map imo

P.s i didn't flag you @GroundedWisdom

Different Time Zones, different schedules, different Maps. It's not so much the scoring as it is the participation. Some are logging on when it's already done because their night is our day. Plus the pressure added because not everyone can log on to move everything half an hour. No worries about the Flag. I'm numb to it at this point. It's just used because some don't like what I say.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

It actually affects other Players. Occasionally, they have them if there is some kind of timing issue, or as a special incentive, but they've tested it long-term and it's caused issues.

When exactly did they "test it long term"? I'd like to see the evidence for that claim.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★

When exactly did they "test it long term"? I'd like to see the evidence for that claim.

He doesn't have to provide evidence or show facts based on actual data. Haven't you read his multiple posts on the forums? It's grounded wisdom, nuff said
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Kabam once mentioned that the current AQ map is tuned for 1 hour energy timers.

If shortening it to 30 mins means a longer AQ map is in store for us, then I'd say 1 hour is just fine.
  • ShadeadShadead Posts: 28
    I play less because of the hour timers. I log in to do aw and aq and that’s about it. Everything else is just auto fights because the hour timers eat up too much of my time to care about any other part of the game heh.
    I don't think there's much pressure in a 30 minutes timers
    That argument is totally vague
    If 30 minutes timers aren't good then why kabam offer them when there is no maintenance???

They should allow 30 minutes timers only for maintenance rather randomly
    If 30 minutes timers aren't good then why kabam offer them when there is no maintenance???

There is usually some reason they enable it. It's not very often. Even then it has effects. Most commonly, it's because something has affected the time it takes to complete AQ.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Maybe 45min timers would be a better middle point between EU and US ppl. But we are talking about Kabam, stop asking things to them, they don't listen (or better, they listen but they don't care because they don't play this game in top categories)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

There is usually some reason they enable it. It's not very often. Even then it has effects. Most commonly, it's because something has affected the time it takes to complete AQ.

They also gave them to us as a Christmas present last year. The reason why they were a present is because Kabam knows that the vast majority of the player base finds them to be much better and the "issues" they cause are really marginal to nonexistent.

They also gave them to us as a Christmas present last year. The reason why they were a present is because Kabam knows that the vast majority of the player base finds them to be much better and the "issues" they cause are really marginal to nonexistent.

Or it could because they want us to finish earlier so we can enjoy our holidays better.
    xNig wrote: »

Or it could because they want us to finish earlier so we can enjoy our holidays better.

Now you yourself said that we should complete AQ earlier so that we can do other stuffs
    That's what I'm saying
    Players have others things to do also and not merely playing all day
    E.g if a person is busy and he doesn't have time to stuck to the game till last hours of AQ then it doesn't make any sense to have 1 hour timer
    With 30 minutes timers you always have a plenty of Energy to move whenever you login so it just enable players to do other things in life
    AQ should be about skills and not timings only.

Now you yourself said that we should complete AQ earlier so that we can do other stuffs
    That's what I'm saying
    Players have others things to do also and not merely playing all day
    E.g if a person is busy and he doesn't have time to stuck to the game till last hours of AQ then it doesn't make any sense to have 1 hour timer
    With 30 minutes timers you always have a plenty of Energy to move whenever you login so it just enable players to do other things in life
    AQ should be about skills and not timings only.

Yeah, but knowing Kabam... Since the AQ map was designed with 1 hour timers in mind, having it switch to 30 min timers might simply result in a redesign of the AQ map, making it longer and more tedious.

In addition, with this week of 30 min timers, I find alot of members in my alliance hurrying others to come on as they have full energy, which was almost non-existant with the 1 hour timer. Personally I feel that a balance of about 45 minutes will be ideal, caveat being it should be the current map.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

The 30 min timer only affects kabam because we log and spend less (either resources or real money). Addiction is the only reason we have a 1hr timer.
    Lots of other events are going simultaneously with aq so it's better to give players more time to put on other stuffs and free there champs asap so that they can be utilised somewhere else

Badrose wrote: »

The 30 min timer only affects kabam because we log and spend less (either resources or real money). Addiction is the only reason we have a 1hr timer.

Not at all. Not everyone is playing Map 6. Not everyone is in the same Time Zone. Which means by the time we go to bed, some are waking up to Maps already being completed. Add the fact that not everyone has a schedule that allows them to log on every half an hour to move. Some are lucky to manage every 2 and a half hours. That adds more pressure because inevitably people will want them to hurry up and move. What some people fail to see is that it's not helpful for everyone. There is a reason it's designed for 1 hour. Either way, it's 24 hours in between Maps.
    Sorry. Don't know why you're in there xNig.