Do we even bother ranking up 6* champs now?

Dude17Dude17 Member Posts: 133 ★★
Now that 7* are out and people are raving, is ranking up 6* a waste of time?

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Depends how you play the game.

If you’re all about getting as far as possible as fast as you can then probably no.
    I’ve been playing off and on since before 4* champs.

I still plan on doing finishing Labyrinth and going into Abyss even though it doesn’t really help my roster.

Just playing for fun and slowly going through content.

If you’re an every day player that needs to do everything as soon as it comes out, then skip the sixes and do the sevens.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    The real question to be asked is "Are 5 stars still worth ranking up?" Say you have your favourite champion as a 5-star but is it worth ranking them up if they won't do well against the content you're facing?
    6 star rank threes have become so common that 6* R2s and 5* R5s are (imo) pretty much obsolete now except for niche rank-ups like Herc (no-brainer), Magneto (shuts down metal completely) and Human Torch (for mystics)
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    Short answer: 6 stars are still very much worth it.
    Long answer: There's like only 36 7 star champs out of 200+ so far. The Titan crystal isn't even here yet. They'll add a few champs at a time. If they do it frequently, it might take a year or so to have most champs as 7 stars and I'm very certain its gonna take way more than a year to have the entire 6 star pool as 7 stars. 6 star Rank 5s are becoming more common now and they are equivalent to 7 star r2s and they are easier to obtain, awaken and sig up. 5 stars were valuable up until 6 star r3s and r4s became more common and I believe that 5*s are still usable in stuff like act 8, maintaining their relevancy in certain types of endgame content. 6 stars are going to be relevant. For a long time.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    Don’t forget this is coming so 6* will be relevant for a long time.

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    Chill, it hasn't been a week since 7 stars got out and so far 6 stars are still usefull and are still going to be because of the ascension they will get. 7 stars are not easy to get at all so maybe when 7 stars get a rank 3 or 4
  • Hort4Hort4 Member Posts: 503 ★★★
    You will have way more T5B, T3A and T5C than you could possible use if you just used on 7*. Might as well use on 6*.

The T6C will be the bottleneck for a long time for almost everyone.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    of course they are still worth it. Plenty of them arent going to come anytime soon as 7*. They will keep their value for over a year.
  • JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 218 ★★
    Bro I had already few 6r3 that I was still fully using human torch/archangel/Hercules 5r5, so definitely not the time to skip 6 stars!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    I am going to r5 my 6s Apoc before I r2 my 7s Hulk. I just feel Apoc is useful in more places and unlikely to be released as a 7s for a while.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    Also consider that the vast majority of champions (at least for now) are not even avaliable as a 7 star.
  • NearJrNearJr Member Posts: 156 ★★
    6 stars launched on January 31st, 2018
    5 stars launched *roughly* in 2016-2017, maybe earlier, couldn't find accurate info.

My guess is 6 star champs will still be relevant for at least 2 years.

The current 7* pool is very good but still has gaps and I don't really see them updating it anytime soon.

If you have a 6* champ you really like, and it will help you with progression, go ahead and rank it up.
    If you have a 7* champ you really like, and it will help you with progression, go ahead and rank it up.

As everything in this game, it will come down to your progression, personal preference amd resource availability.

No one has an absolute, correct answer, we all have opinions and you know how those can go.

• HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    skip to 2 years later as well as detail it next time
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    I've never sworn off Ranking any Rarity. I do the lower ones less, but I Rank everything.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Dude17 said:

Now that 7* are out and people are raving, is ranking up 6* a waste of time?

What's a 6*?... 😆
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    My 6* r4 kingpin is more useful than my r1 7* surfer. And he’ll be even more so at r5.
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Before 7 stars , the 6 star rank up material was the resource to go for.

Now 6star shards seem a better resource to chase. as it speeds up the 7 star acquiring process and the 7 stars save the gold which one would otherwise spend on 6star rank ups.

So it does make 6star rank ups less valuable in long term.

The one case to rank up 6 stars will be the 5/65 max sig prestige play for AQ.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    How long was (is?) quake relevant as a 5 start?

The top 5%-10% of 6 stars will be relevant (until eventually released if ever). Doom/BWCV/Nick/Appoc/Torch/Nimrod/Warlock/CGR/Hercules/Hulkling to name a few.

"Defenders" that require high sig... will also be relevant for a while.

but the meta is certainly shifting, and faster than it did when stars came out. I'd say by July 4th next year... people will have already R5'd champs they want / use gems from events for a few more... and it will be all about 7 stars... but for me...

Doctor Doom will be my next r5, and even though I have 4 science 7 stars, including a sig 60 Spiderman I'll be r5ing Scorpion for next science which is most likely the next t6cc class I'll have 3 of.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    I think you're pretty safe ranking up 6* Ghost, Herc and Kitty. I think it'll be a while before they end up as 7*, if at all.