**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Onto the Grandmaster!!

Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
edited May 2023 in Strategy and Tips
I had been putting off trying to become Thronebreaker for such a long time. I really struggled to get to Cavalier and struggled even more through Act 6.2. (About 2 years ago!)
So, ever since then, I haven't even attempted 6.3 or 6.4. I thought my skill level just wasn't good enough and resigned myself to my top level being a Cavalier player forever, as I still enjoy just generally playing the game without doing story mode.

With the lengthy gap between wars, I figured I'd give it a bash for some extra content to do, and I've managed to blast all the way through to 6.4.6! Used a couple of potions and revives, but no units needed!! So I'm mega happy about that! (Huge shout-out to MCOC NOOB on YouTube for the path and node info, that helped out a great deal!)

I'm now watching loads of videos about The Grandmaster fight, and I'm actually quite looking forward to giving it a go. I'm going to share my roster for each class below, please give me any recommendations for good champs to use/and what paths to take, as I know this won't be easy! I have 4k units saved up for this, so I'm sure that should be enough. Any tips or info would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks all!!

Comments

• Options
    ErmanHarith0802ErmanHarith0802 Posts: 49
    That Professor X could come in handy if you're not too well-versed in playing against reversed controls
  • Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 245 ★★
    edited May 2023
    Doom and Claire for the cosmic path, prof X for the reverse controls, someone with lots of damage like Colossus or Hyperion … and Heimdal to save a few revives. You can do it!
  • Options

That Professor X could come in handy if you're not too well-versed in playing against reversed controls

I am DEFINITELY not well-versed against reverse controls. It always throws me. I'll definitely bring Prof X!! 👍🏻👍🏻
    Badah said:

Doom and Claire for the cosmic path, prof X for the reverse controls, someone with lots of damage like Colossus or Hyperion … and Heimdal to save a few revives. You can do it!

Brill, thanks for the advice. I'll probably have a few practise runs through and see how I get on without using units. Once I get used to fighting him, I'll go all out.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Did you get him?
  • Options
    LeoZed said:

Did you get him?

I did indeed! Took a lot of potions and a few revives, but I did it! Onto Act 7!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/335897/finally-beat-the-grandmaster#latest
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,166 ★★★★★
    Congrats!!! Honestly, the rest of story content is easier than the GM. Keep on going.
  • Options

Congrats!!! Honestly, the rest of story content is easier than the GM. Keep on going.

Thanks! 😁👍🏻
    I was in 2 minds wether to try and 100% Act 6, or do my first run through of Act 7. I'm leaning more towards Act 7 for the better rewards and taking much less time.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
    Luke9523 said:

Thanks! 😁👍🏻
    I was in 2 minds wether to try and 100% Act 6, or do my first run through of Act 7. I'm leaning more towards Act 7 for the better rewards and taking much less time.
    Ignore act 6 and never look back. There's nothing of value in it now. Act 7 100%, act 8.1 and 8.2 are so much better. Hell, monthly TB EQ is close to 100% act 6 in value. Get cracking on act 7 and work towards paragon!
  • Options

Luke9523 said:

Thanks! 😁👍🏻
    Ignore act 6 and never look back. There's nothing of value in it now. Act 7 100%, act 8.1 and 8.2 are so much better. Hell, monthly TB EQ is close to 100% act 6 in value. Get cracking on act 7 and work towards paragon!
    Thanks. I've been doing the monthly quests at all 5 threat levels and managing to complete it without using any revives or potions at the highest level. So I'm pretty confident I can give Act 7 a good go.
    I have absolutely no desire to go through Act 6 again (although I do love seeing the boxes say 100%, haha)
  • Options
    MaxyMaxy Posts: 45
    congrats
  • Options
    Thanks 👍👍