Progression Locked Side Quest Solo Objectives

Danimal920Danimal920 Member Posts: 20
Really not a fan of the fact that the available solo objectives linked to this month's side quest are determined by progression title. I'm a newly Cavalier player and I've been able to explore threat 5 for these first few weeks, which is considered to be content with difficulty aimed towards Paragon players. And instead of being rewarded for being able to keep up with the newly implemented difficulty standard despite the disadvantage of being behind in my roster, I'm not eligible for any of the solo objective rewards past threat 3. It sucks that rewards are locked according to what I'm expected to be able to do instead of what I'm actually capable of doing, and all it does is make the process of getting to those higher progression levels slower for me.

Comments

• Danimal920Danimal920 Member Posts: 20
    ItsDamien said:

Really not a fan of the fact that the available solo objectives linked to this month's side quest are determined by progression title. I'm a newly Cavalier player and I've been able to explore threat 5 for these first few weeks, which is considered to be content with difficulty aimed towards Paragon players. And instead of being rewarded for being able to keep up with the newly implemented difficulty standard despite the disadvantage of being behind in my roster, I'm not eligible for any of the solo objective rewards past threat 3. It sucks that rewards are locked according to what I'm expected to be able to do instead of what I'm actually capable of doing, and all it does is make the process of getting to those higher progression levels slower for me.

And yet most people who progressed never had these types of objectives to progress. You gotta play the game and do story.
    Do you expect newer players to be advancing to already established progression levels at the same rate as those working toward them since they released? How would that help anyone? As time passes, higher levels of progression and rewards need to slowly become more easily achievable to accommodate for newer players, otherwise every single new player would very quickly lose interest due to being impossibly behind everyone else. Why do you think 5 and 6* characters are so much easier to get nowadays? It doesn't hurt anyone to reward over-achievers.

So you want Paragon level rewards without actually being Paragon? What about everyone else that actually put in time and effort, defeated 7.4.6 Kang and then took 3 6* to R4? If you want Paragon level rewards then you have to work for them

I put in as much effort as I would've needed to to earn the Paragon rewards from the side quest. No I obviously don't think I'm at all entitled to the benefits of Paragon players but I just don't see why those side quest rewards have to be included under that umbrella. It's just needless.
    Manup456 said:

People don’t understand how good they have it now because it was way more expensive, harder to get champs and rank materials before. The game provides so many different ways now for players to advance quickly and people still complain.

Hey man I'm not asking for the greatest rewards the game has to offer. I get that greater time and effort spent = greater payoffs in all aspects of the game but the way this is set up, the side quest solo objective rewards aren't a test of ability but just a test of seeing if you're willing to spend the minimal amount of Energy as a Paragon player to claim rewards that should honestly come fairly effortlessly to someone of that progression level. If it's set up in a way that someone like me can beat it but still isn't eligible for all the rewards then maybe the big takeaway from this whole post is that threat level 5 should be harder lol

Why not put that same effort into story mode?

I don't know if that's meant to be helpful or not but to answer that, the amount of time and effort needed to progress in the story is obviously greater than it is in a side quest, and it's more than I'd want to put in at the moment which is why I'm not seeking rewards from story mode
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★

Manup456 said:

People don’t understand how good they have it now because it was way more expensive, harder to get champs and rank materials before. The game provides so many different ways now for players to advance quickly and people still complain.

Hey man I'm not asking for the greatest rewards the game has to offer. I get that greater time and effort spent = greater payoffs in all aspects of the game but the way this is set up, the side quest solo objective rewards aren't a test of ability but just a test of seeing if you're willing to spend the minimal amount of Energy as a Paragon player to claim rewards that should honestly come fairly effortlessly to someone of that progression level. If it's set up in a way that someone like me can beat it but still isn't eligible for all the rewards then maybe the big takeaway from this whole post is that threat level 5 should be harder lol
    Would you have preferred side quest to be progression locked so you don’t even get the rewards for completion/exploration? Or that it was hard enough that you couldn’t even complete it?

• CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I agree, they should lock the SQ all together
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Then just get the Paragon title.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    @Danimal920 getting the rewards is a journey. I know it feels like you should get those rewards, but the difficulty in paragon mode is not meant to reflect the actually difficulty of completing the journey. Others are being more aggressive, but the idea here is to push story, pass all the gates as others have, and then enjoy the fruits of your labor with paragon rewards.

Damn I got completely dunked on.

U are getting completion and exploration rewards, should be happy with that...
    Sense of entitlement is the most annoying thing on this community
    Could’ve at least made it so I can still get a 6* class gem like last month without being blocked by progression

Could’ve at least made it so I can still get a 6* class gem like last month without being blocked by progression

U could also be working on Paragon...

@Danimal920 getting the rewards is a journey. I know it feels like you should get those rewards, but the difficulty in paragon mode is not meant to reflect the actually difficulty of completing the journey. Others are being more aggressive, but the idea here is to push story, pass all the gates as others have, and then enjoy the fruits of your labor with paragon rewards.

Fair enough. I guess I just don’t like how they formatted things this time around with the side quest.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★

Fair enough. I guess I just don’t like how they formatted things this time around with the side quest.
    Listen, before this change you'd have 0 access to t6bc and t3a shards other than through story mode as a cav. The fact that you can cut corners doing easy side quests on your way to 3 6r4s now is a win on its own.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★

So you want Paragon level rewards without actually being Paragon? What about everyone else that actually put in time and effort, defeated 7.4.6 Kang and then took 3 6* to R4? If you want Paragon level rewards then you have to work for them

If he can do the fight successfully he shouldn’t be artificially gated out of it.

For years people on these forums act like each new threshold and title like unc, cav, tb, and paragon are these great accomplishment when it usually just comes down to how many units and revives do I need to beat the final boss or two.

It’s like when you first start on Act 5 but you can only use 5s champs. So your whole 4s roster that you’ve assembled to that point is useless, even though you could wreck the fights with them.

So instead you wait for RNG to give you a few good 5s that have the right counters and slowly grind through acts 5 and 6.

If someone can skill through the fight they shouldn’t be artificially held back just because they haven’t done other content. That’s the opposite of rewarding skill or merit.
    Jestuh said:

If he can do the fight successfully he shouldn’t be artificially gated out of it.

For years people on these forums act like each new threshold and title like unc, cav, tb, and paragon are these great accomplishment when it usually just comes down to how many units and revives do I need to beat the final boss or two.

It’s like when you first start on Act 5 but you can only use 5s champs. So your whole 4s roster that you’ve assembled to that point is useless, even though you could wreck the fights with them.

So instead you wait for RNG to give you a few good 5s that have the right counters and slowly grind through acts 5 and 6.

If someone can skill through the fight they shouldn’t be artificially held back just because they haven’t done other content. That’s the opposite of rewarding skill or merit.
    If u can do the Paragon content you should focus on being Paragon...
    I will say u are right in a way...the SQ Lvl 5 should be completely locked not just the objective.. the whole quest...Kabam throws a bone and they still complain...
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    Jestuh said:

But the objective is a bonus for being Paragon. OP is already getting plenty of rewards for completion and exploration of the SQ. That's already a lot to help them build their 6* roster and push for Paragon. Not to mention the fact that Threat Level 5 was advertised as Paragon difficulty so it was mainly targeting Paragons, not Cavs
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 581 ★★★
    Are you seriously complaining about not getting 6* AG as a cav player?

Those of us who are thronebreaker are also not getting it. In fact, till last month highest tier level was thronebreaker which means as thronebreaker you always got the highest prize. When Kabam flipped the switch this month and made paragon highest tier, we lost out. You will see there are more people becoming paragon this month than any of the previous months. Several thronebreaker accounts like me didnt bother with paragon, it wasnt like Kabam was giving anything special to them and we could live with the higher rates in reward stores.

Now that it has changed, we are quietly making our way to paragon. Only people complaining are those who got there but got locked out of paragon objectives because they explored threat 5 as a thronebreaker
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

If u can do the Paragon content you should focus on being Paragon...
    I will say u are right in a way...the SQ Lvl 5 should be completely locked not just the objective.. the whole quest...Kabam throws a bone and they still complain...
    You have literally missed every point I made.

Jestuh said:

But the objective is a bonus for being Paragon. OP is already getting plenty of rewards for completion and exploration of the SQ. That's already a lot to help them build their 6* roster and push for Paragon. Not to mention the fact that Threat Level 5 was advertised as Paragon difficulty so it was mainly targeting Paragons, not Cavs
    You’re not addressing my point about gating though.

I completely understand putting the paragon login crystals behind achievements like paragon. It’s a reward for completing certain content that’s difficult and/or tedious.

But the ability to take on higher difficulty content should not be gated like this because it’s entirely artificial.

Titles like paragon or tb say nothing about your skill as a fighter in this game. It just says you grinded out some content or bought your way through it.

Gate some rewards behind it, that’s fine. But if you’re gating content behind it you’re making this game weaker not stronger because you’re not letting people try their skills at legitimately hard fights.

The 7s event this month that was supposed to be paragon only or you need need 5+ 7s, those fights aren’t hard at all. It’s just about collecting enough **** to do it (shards, mats, iso, gold).

Now give me a Carina’s type challenge of beat this path with only 3s or 4s, you might actually show who the legit players are and who the grinders and buyers are.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Member Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Damn I got completely dunked on.

Haha.. here here.. dont cry little one..

The worlds a scary place , but it’s much worse here.