Progression Locked Side Quest Solo Objectives

Comments

• Danimal920Danimal920 Member Posts: 20
    Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

So you want Paragon level rewards without actually being Paragon? What about everyone else that actually put in time and effort, defeated 7.4.6 Kang and then took 3 6* to R4? If you want Paragon level rewards then you have to work for them

If he can do the fight successfully he shouldn’t be artificially gated out of it.

For years people on these forums act like each new threshold and title like unc, cav, tb, and paragon are these great accomplishment when it usually just comes down to how many units and revives do I need to beat the final boss or two.

It’s like when you first start on Act 5 but you can only use 5s champs. So your whole 4s roster that you’ve assembled to that point is useless, even though you could wreck the fights with them.

So instead you wait for RNG to give you a few good 5s that have the right counters and slowly grind through acts 5 and 6.

If someone can skill through the fight they shouldn’t be artificially held back just because they haven’t done other content. That’s the opposite of rewarding skill or merit.
    If u can do the Paragon content you should focus on being Paragon...
    I will say u are right in a way...the SQ Lvl 5 should be completely locked not just the objective.. the whole quest...Kabam throws a bone and they still complain...
    You have literally missed every point I made.

Jestuh said:

So you want Paragon level rewards without actually being Paragon? What about everyone else that actually put in time and effort, defeated 7.4.6 Kang and then took 3 6* to R4? If you want Paragon level rewards then you have to work for them

If he can do the fight successfully he shouldn’t be artificially gated out of it.

For years people on these forums act like each new threshold and title like unc, cav, tb, and paragon are these great accomplishment when it usually just comes down to how many units and revives do I need to beat the final boss or two.

It’s like when you first start on Act 5 but you can only use 5s champs. So your whole 4s roster that you’ve assembled to that point is useless, even though you could wreck the fights with them.

So instead you wait for RNG to give you a few good 5s that have the right counters and slowly grind through acts 5 and 6.

If someone can skill through the fight they shouldn’t be artificially held back just because they haven’t done other content. That’s the opposite of rewarding skill or merit.
    But the objective is a bonus for being Paragon. OP is already getting plenty of rewards for completion and exploration of the SQ. That's already a lot to help them build their 6* roster and push for Paragon. Not to mention the fact that Threat Level 5 was advertised as Paragon difficulty so it was mainly targeting Paragons, not Cavs
    You’re not addressing my point about gating though.

I completely understand putting the paragon login crystals behind achievements like paragon. It’s a reward for completing certain content that’s difficult and/or tedious.

But the ability to take on higher difficulty content should not be gated like this because it’s entirely artificial.

Titles like paragon or tb say nothing about your skill as a fighter in this game. It just says you grinded out some content or bought your way through it.

Gate some rewards behind it, that’s fine. But if you’re gating content behind it you’re making this game weaker not stronger because you’re not letting people try their skills at legitimately hard fights.

The 7s event this month that was supposed to be paragon only or you need need 5+ 7s, those fights aren’t hard at all. It’s just about collecting enough **** to do it (shards, mats, iso, gold).

Now give me a Carina’s type challenge of beat this path with only 3s or 4s, you might actually show who the legit players are and who the grinders and buyers are.
    Now there’s a guy that can argue better than I can.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

I will say u are right in a way...the SQ Lvl 5 should be completely locked not just the objective.. the whole quest...Kabam throws a bone and they still complain...

Jestuh said:

But the objective is a bonus for being Paragon. OP is already getting plenty of rewards for completion and exploration of the SQ. That's already a lot to help them build their 6* roster and push for Paragon. Not to mention the fact that Threat Level 5 was advertised as Paragon difficulty so it was mainly targeting Paragons, not Cavs

I completely understand putting the paragon login crystals behind achievements like paragon. It’s a reward for completing certain content that’s difficult and/or tedious.

But the ability to take on higher difficulty content should not be gated like this because it’s entirely artificial.

Titles like paragon or tb say nothing about your skill as a fighter in this game. It just says you grinded out some content or bought your way through it.

Gate some rewards behind it, that’s fine. But if you’re gating content behind it you’re making this game weaker not stronger because you’re not letting people try their skills at legitimately hard fights.

The 7s event this month that was supposed to be paragon only or you need need 5+ 7s, those fights aren’t hard at all. It’s just about collecting enough **** to do it (shards, mats, iso, gold).

Now give me a Carina’s type challenge of beat this path with only 3s or 4s, you might actually show who the legit players are and who the grinders and buyers are.
    There are players stuck in Cav because they can't get past the 6.2 champion or GM and it's purely a skill issue on their end. Are you really going to say that TB or Paragon take no skill to achieve? If those people aren't skillful enough to earn the title then why should they have access to better rewards that target people who actually earned the it? What's even the point of letting them test their skills on harder fights when they haven't been able to complete the prerequisite ones? What guarantees that having access to better rewards will improve their skills and they won't rely on them as a crutch? They still won't be skilled enough to handle the type of fights we'll see in the next iterations of Paragon EQ. That is why some content is progression gated.

Sure you can spend and get the t5cc needed to R3 a 6*, or the catalysts required to take three 6* to R4, but you still need to be good enough to get through every major boss in act 6 and 7. The TB and Paragon titles are still a measure of skill.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    edited May 2023

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

There are players stuck in Cav because they can't get past the 6.2 champion or GM and it's purely a skill issue on their end. Are you really going to say that TB or Paragon take no skill to achieve? If those people aren't skillful enough to earn the title then why should they have access to better rewards that target people who actually earned the it? What's even the point of letting them test their skills on harder fights when they haven't been able to complete the prerequisite ones? What guarantees that having access to better rewards will improve their skills and they won't rely on them as a crutch? They still won't be skilled enough to handle the type of fights we'll see in the next iterations of Paragon EQ. That is why some content is progression gated.

Sure you can spend and get the t5cc needed to R3 a 6*, or the catalysts required to take three 6* to R4, but you still need to be good enough to get through every major boss in act 6 and 7. The TB and Paragon titles are still a measure of skill.
    You’ve made my point for me.

Earning the title is only partially about skill. It’s also about having an R3 6s, meaning collecting mats and having good enough RNG to get the right class t5 and a champion worth spending it on.

To your hypo, I’ll address the GM hypo because you just need a ranked up stagger/nullify/slow champ for the Champion fight.

If someone can’t get past the GM they don’t get the rewards for completing Act 6. That’s the consequence of not having enough skill

That’s the same consequence for those that can’t do Tier 5 monthly content. If you aren’t able to clear the lane or map or eq/sq you don’t get the loot. This is merit based. This is skill based. It rewards practice, learning, and good decision making in the game.

Under the system you’re advocating for, you just deny the chance to even TRY those difficulties until they’ve completed arbitrary requirements like have an R3 and beat the GM.

So what happens in a merit system is that you get the rewards or you lose.

What happens in your system is that you are actively prevented from earning rewards until you’ve spent enough time doing non-merit based tasks. You’re arguing that gating serves some sort of protective function so that players don’t attempt more than they can handle, but losing those fights serves the same purpose but doesn’t artificially hold back those that can.

So the only ones you are actually protecting are the ones who can’t do it yet anyway.

And this unnecessary protection is holding back those that can handle it.
    Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Earning the title is only partially about skill. It’s also about having an R3 6s, meaning collecting mats and having good enough RNG to get the right class t5 and a champion worth spending it on.

To your hypo, I’ll address the GM hypo because you just need a ranked up stagger/nullify/slow champ for the Champion fight.

If someone can’t get past the GM they don’t get the rewards for completing Act 6. That’s the consequence of not having enough skill

That’s the same consequence for those that can’t do Tier 5 monthly content. If you aren’t able to clear the lane or map or eq/sq you don’t get the loot. This is merit based. This is skill based. It rewards practice, learning, and good decision making in the game.

Under the system you’re advocating for, you just deny the chance to even TRY those difficulties until they’ve completed arbitrary requirements like have an R3 and beat the GM.

What happens in your system is that you are actively prevented from earning rewards until you’ve spent enough time doing non-merit based tasks. You’re arguing that gating serves some sort of protective function so that players don’t attempt more than they can handle, but losing those fights serves the same purpose but doesn’t artificially hold back those that can.

So the only ones you are actually protecting are the ones who can’t do it yet anyway.

Do you think putting Cav and TB EQ difficulties behind a progression lock is also an artificial barrier? Because I don't think it is. UC and below cannot handle those fights, and the same logic applies to Paragon difficulty in the SQ. And if players are at a point where they can easily clear Paragon difficulty and are complaining about not being able to get the objective rewards, why aren't they Paragon in the first place? They have the skills to progress in story mode, so why don't they? All the materials required to get 3 R4s sprinkled throughout story mode. If they can't handle act 6 and 7 fights, they won't be able to handle Paragon SQ fights, especially this week with the increase in difficulty

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

And your still not understanding what we are saying. These fights in the side quest level 5 are similar to fights found in act 6 ,7 and 8. If they can do them that easily, getting paragon by pushing through the acts should be the priority, not the side quests.
    It's my business whether I make story quests my priority or not. I don't have a problem with missing out on Paragon benefits like login crystals, discounts, stuff like that. My choice not to progress in story so I'm forfeiting those things. The issue I have is when side quest objectives that in their very nature are aimed towards skill and completion are denied for reasons other than lack of skill or completion. I don't have a problem with the kind of system they had in February with the Danger Rooms where everyone gets the same kind of currency, but only the most progressed players can spend it on the best items. If I had managed to do all those Danger Room zones (which no I wasn't even close to being able to do lol) then at least I'd have all that extra currency to spend on those items that are available to me. But if it were under the way they have it right now, I'd be denied the chance to even tackle those higher zones in the first place. What is the point?

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Do you think putting Cav and TB EQ difficulties behind a progression lock is also an artificial barrier? Because I don't think it is. UC and below cannot handle those fights, and the same logic applies to Paragon difficulty in the SQ. And if players are at a point where they can easily clear Paragon difficulty and are complaining about not being able to get the objective rewards, why aren't they Paragon in the first place? They have the skills to progress in story mode, so why don't they? All the materials required to get 3 R4s sprinkled throughout story mode. If they can't handle act 6 and 7 fights, they won't be able to handle Paragon SQ fights, especially this week with the increase in difficulty

That's a generalization. You're going off of assumptions of what players at certain progression levels are able to do and it's simply not always true. My initial post was in direct criticism of that, the fact that those rewards are locked behind expected performance instead of actual performance.

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

And your still not understanding what we are saying. These fights in the side quest level 5 are similar to fights found in act 6 ,7 and 8. If they can do them that easily, getting paragon by pushing through the acts should be the priority, not the side quests.
    It's my business whether I make story quests my priority or not. I don't have a problem with missing out on Paragon benefits like login crystals, discounts, stuff like that. My choice not to progress in story so I'm forfeiting those things. The issue I have is when side quest objectives that in their very nature are aimed towards skill and completion are denied for reasons other than lack of skill or completion. I don't have a problem with the kind of system they had in February with the Danger Rooms where everyone gets the same kind of currency, but only the most progressed players can spend it on the best items. If I had managed to do all those Danger Room zones (which no I wasn't even close to being able to do lol) then at least I'd have all that extra currency to spend on those items that are available to me. But if it were under the way they have it right now, I'd be denied the chance to even tackle those higher zones in the first place. What is the point?
    The side quest is aimed at Paragons, hence the "Paragon" in Paragon Difficulty when it was announced during the last stream. By choosing to not progress in story mode you are absolutely choosing to forfeit the rewards from special objectives. This is not the first time a SQ has progression gated content, nor is the first time content has been gated behind progression. The same thing has come up with EOP multiple times: you can do all the fights if you are skilled enough, but if you haven't achieved a certain progression title, then the extra objectives won't be available to you, and you will miss out on additional rewards. It is the exact same thing. You want rewards aimed at Paragons, get the Paragon title. If you can handle Mantis in this SQ's week 3, you can absolutely handle any major bosses in act 6 through 8.

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

That's a generalization. You're going off of assumptions of what players at certain progression levels are able to do and it's simply not always true. My initial post was in direct criticism of that, the fact that those rewards are locked behind expected performance instead of actual performance.
    Well then, if the players can handle TB/Paragon content, then why aren't they TB/Paragon?

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

The side quest is aimed at Paragons, hence the "Paragon" in Paragon Difficulty when it was announced during the last stream. By choosing to not progress in story mode you are absolutely choosing to forfeit the rewards from special objectives. This is not the first time a SQ has progression gated content, nor is the first time content has been gated behind progression. The same thing has come up with EOP multiple times: you can do all the fights if you are skilled enough, but if you haven't achieved a certain progression title, then the extra objectives won't be available to you, and you will miss out on additional rewards. It is the exact same thing. You want rewards aimed at Paragons, get the Paragon title. If you can handle Mantis in this SQ's week 3, you can absolutely handle any major bosses in act 6 through 8.
    Well I guess that last part is a bit of silver lining for me
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,561 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Because what your complaining about is arbitrary. You want the best rewards without putting in the work to get them. Your ok with the free stuff paragons get like crystals but not ok with the other stuff they get because they put in the work my rank up resources? Thats called entitlement. You don't want to prioritize story content to be able to earn the best rewards then you can't complain when they get something you don't, no matter what it is, even if you can do the fights.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Because what your complaining about is arbitrary. You want the best rewards without putting in the work to get them. Your ok with the free stuff paragons get like crystals but not ok with the other stuff they get because they put in the work my rank up resources? Thats called entitlement. You don't want to prioritize story content to be able to earn the best rewards then you can't complain when they get something you don't, no matter what it is, even if you can do the fights.
    I don't want to take anything away from anyone. I am on board with Paragons having rewards, including from side quests, that only they are entitled to. I don't think it was handled well with this side quest however, and it just leaves me and possibly other Cav or TB players that were able to tackle Threat 5 this month feeling like something was just dangled in front of the face instead of being properly tucked away as items that have a good reason to be exclusively reserved for more progressed players.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,561 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

I don't want to take anything away from anyone. I am on board with Paragons having rewards, including from side quests, that only they are entitled to. I don't think it was handled well with this side quest however, and it just leaves me and possibly other Cav or TB players that were able to tackle Threat 5 this month feeling like something was just dangled in front of the face instead of being properly tucked away as items that have a good reason to be exclusively reserved for more progressed players.
    That's the entire point of progressing to higher levels. To be able to say you get those special rewards. Otherwise why progress.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

That's the entire point of progressing to higher levels. To be able to say you get those special rewards. Otherwise why progress.
    There's a way for players to be proud and benefit from their progression in a way others don't without placing artificial limits on rewards for players beneath them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

"Gate some rewards behind it, that’s fine. But if you’re gating content behind it you’re making this game weaker"
    Most people here agree with you bro. Every threat level of the side quest is available to any progression level, the OP is complaining about not being able to get the 6* gems from the extra rewards.

The thing you fail to understand is that the vast majority of Thronebreaker-Paragon players have a large amount of total time dedicated to the game. Progression based rewards are the only way to make sure that those players can rank up their fair share of Man-Things and Jane Fosters without getting screwed over by the 5 day old accounts that rush to Cav, pull a 6* herc, then steamroll a day one FTP's entire roster. Just stop complaining. You want the rewards, there's one way to earn them. Just do it.

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

And it's kabams business whether they give you the rewards you want or not. You're really not helping yourself here, man. You want the rewards, you do the content. You think you're entitled to rewards because Kabam gave you an easy side quest, until they ramp up the difficulty next month and you complain about it being too hard compared to this month. You will never be happy if you can't just settle for the fact that there is only one way to get what you want, and that is by doing the work that Kabam chose for you to do.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Have I really? Cause this months SQ is the easiest one by far... And SQ Lvls have been out how long? 4-5 months?...
    Just because some events have been generous and u have a cavallier with an over inflated roster that can do a SQ doesnt mean it deserves every reward...
    Kabam is actuallt throwing a bone at them right now.. they could have gated it like EQ and not even let them grab completion and exploration rewards...
    Saying they deserve a reward just because they can do it is a sense of entitlement that annoys a lot of people. So they can't beat the champion, the grand master... But they deserve equal rewards cause they can do SQ Lvl 5? 🤣

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Skill?.. really?.. this months EQ is so easy...
    Coppin said:

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

I agree. I really wouldn't mind if they made it harder.

Coppin said:

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

I agree. I really wouldn't mind if they made it harder.
    Sector 6 of the Incursion SQ had an AG gated to Paragon only.. why didn't u complain about that one? 🤔

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

And it's kabams business whether they give you the rewards you want or not. You're really not helping yourself here, man. You want the rewards, you do the content. You think you're entitled to rewards because Kabam gave you an easy side quest, until they ramp up the difficulty next month and you complain about it being too hard compared to this month. You will never be happy if you can't just settle for the fact that there is only one way to get what you want, and that is by doing the work that Kabam chose for you to do.
    I get your point, and I can appreciate perspectives from other players, but I don't appreciate unfair assumptions about me. You'll never see me complain about a difficulty spike
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Member Posts: 2,168 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

I get your point, and I can appreciate perspectives from other players, but I don't appreciate unfair assumptions about me. You'll never see me complain about a difficulty spike
    And now we are back here again for the eighth time.
    If you find the SQ so easy, get the Paragon title.
    If you enjoy difficulty spikes, take the hardest paths in Act 7 and choose three terrible champs to R4.
    Then you'll have the title AND a challenge AND the rewards you crave because you will have earned them the same way every other Paragon did 🤷‍♂️

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

"Gate some rewards behind it, that’s fine. But if you’re gating content behind it you’re making this game weaker"
    Most people here agree with you bro. Every threat level of the side quest is available to any progression level, the OP is complaining about not being able to get the 6* gems from the extra rewards.

The thing you fail to understand is that the vast majority of Thronebreaker-Paragon players have a large amount of total time dedicated to the game. Progression based rewards are the only way to make sure that those players can rank up their fair share of Man-Things and Jane Fosters without getting screwed over by the 5 day old accounts that rush to Cav, pull a 6* herc, then steamroll a day one FTP's entire roster. Just stop complaining. You want the rewards, there's one way to earn them. Just do it.
    I’m not failing to understand anything. I’m disagreeing with you. There’s a difference.

And I am TB. I’ve been playing since 2017. I know about time investment.

And I’m not complaining, again I’m disagreeing with you and voicing my opinion saying that it should be different than what it is.

So to your point, how exactly does someone get screwed over by someone newer to the game having Herc?

My account is 12.6k prestige and I don’t even have a 5s Herc, let alone 6s. New players or mini accounts have come in and bought crystals and gotten 5s Herc from things like the Black Friday sales or from GGC crystals and 6s shards. Them having a Herc affects me not at all.

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

So you're genuinely telling me that if next months side quest was just EoP but harder and you couldn't complete it without revives, you'd be more okay with that than if you could complete it no sweat and missed out on progression based rewards? Because if so, that's just stubborn. You're getting the rewards that were meant for you, you're not going above and beyond by completing the missions that Kabam knew you'd be able to complete. They chose to provide two sets of rewards to differentiate earning rewards from winning fights and earning rewards from dedicating time and patience. You're asking for the second set of rewards without providing the time or the patience. That will never happen.
    edited May 2023
    Sorry block quotes are being weird on my phone.

l
    Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

No I get it. Your point is simple. If you’re good enough to do the sq then you should be good enough to the content. Easy peasy and I don’t disagree. I am good enough. I just don’t like being required to do something unrelated to get access to content otherwise doable.

But you ended your comment saying, “so this should be the priority”. Why is anyone else setting my priorities in a video game?

I don’t like the main story quests. I have no idea what’s going on in the plot and I’m fine not knowing. Acts 5 and 6 were tedious. Act 7 is actually fairly fun imo. But I don’t think anyone looks back to fondly on Act 6 and thinks, “wow, give us more of that please.” Everyone hates Act 6. That’s why they changed it so many times and made sure Act 7 was way different in structure. When I got TB I thought, I will never play Book 6 ever again. I don’t care about 100% completion. It’s miserable. When I started on Act 7 it seriously felt weird to enjoy that part of the game again because it had been so long.

With the time I have to play this game, my priorities have been to do aq and aw to get rewards and help my alliance, and do eq and sq on the top 2-3 tiers. That’s usually all the time I have in a month to give to this game.

So when when the game says to me, no go back and unlock more 7s or have more 6s r4s before we even let you try these fights, I get discouraged from playing rather than encouraged.

Do any of the people here have less than the 5x7s champs needed to unlock the third lane and 100% the new 7s quest this month?

Doesn’t that annoy you? Staring at that one h finished lane, knowing that another 7s and some paragon crystals are just outside your grasp because you didn’t dupe enough 6s champs fast enough?

Why should this sort of RNG dictate what content is available to me?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    Just be Paragon then lol, good luck with 3 r4 btw.

The rewards are for PARAGON and not to people who haven't beaten 2 Kangs, grandmaster, gwenmaster. As easy as that.
    Jestuh said:

Sorry block quotes are being weird on my phone.

l

Buttehrs said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

Coppin said:

Jestuh said:

Jestuh said:

No I get it. Your point is simple. If you’re good enough to do the sq then you should be good enough to the content. Easy peasy and I don’t disagree. I am good enough. I just don’t like being required to do something unrelated to get access to content otherwise doable.

But you ended your comment saying, “so this should be the priority”. Why is anyone else setting my priorities in a video game?

I don’t like the main story quests. I have no idea what’s going on in the plot and I’m fine not knowing. Acts 5 and 6 were tedious. Act 7 is actually fairly fun imo. But I don’t think anyone looks back to fondly on Act 6 and thinks, “wow, give us more of that please.” Everyone hates Act 6. That’s why they changed it so many times and made sure Act 7 was way different in structure. When I got TB I thought, I will never play Book 6 ever again. I don’t care about 100% completion. It’s miserable. When I started on Act 7 it seriously felt weird to enjoy that part of the game again because it had been so long.

With the time I have to play this game, my priorities have been to do aq and aw to get rewards and help my alliance, and do eq and sq on the top 2-3 tiers. That’s usually all the time I have in a month to give to this game.

So when when the game says to me, no go back and unlock more 7s or have more 6s r4s before we even let you try these fights, I get discouraged from playing rather than encouraged.

Do any of the people here have less than the 5x7s champs needed to unlock the third lane and 100% the new 7s quest this month?

Doesn’t that annoy you? Staring at that one h finished lane, knowing that another 7s and some paragon crystals are just outside your grasp because you didn’t dupe enough 6s champs fast enough?

Why should this sort of RNG dictate what content is available to me?
    I need one more 7* to fully explore the Shooting Stars quest one. Doesn't bother me one bit. Why? Because I understand the game is progression based and this is the way that rewards are structured. When I get my 5th 7* I will gladly go and finish the two paths I have left. When SOP dropped in 2021 I was Cav. At that point TB players got extra objectives and therefore, better rewards. Did I whine about not being able to access those rewards? No, I started working on becoming TB instead, then the same thing happened when Paragon was announced. Once I saw those rewards, I took it as an incentive to get Paragon.

No one is setting your priorities in the game, but you have to understand that MCOC and any other games like it are designed to reward those that have invested more time into the game. So by choosing to not complete story content and make the necessary rank ups to become TB/Paragon, you are making the conscious choice of forfeiting better rewards. It's as simple as that.
    @CyborgNinja135

Sorry the block quotes are killing me. Practically impacting my data plan at this point. 😉

It’s not that you need time in this game, it’s that you need time doing a particular arbitrary task dictated to you.

And I’m not questioning that it exists. I’m questioning the rationale.
    @CyborgNinja135

Let’s pretend the arbitrary activity required to unlock gates content isn’t get rank ups and reach a certain point in the story quests.

What if it’s login at least once an hour, 12 times a day. If you do that you are paragon, if you stop doing that, you drop back down to your next gates tier based on activity for the month.

Are you ok with that arbitrary type of gate?
    Jestuh said:

@CyborgNinja135

Let’s pretend the arbitrary activity required to unlock gates content isn’t get rank ups and reach a certain point in the story quests.

What if it’s login at least once an hour, 12 times a day. If you do that you are paragon, if you stop doing that, you drop back down to your next gates tier based on activity for the month.

Are you ok with that arbitrary type of gate?

Logging in once an hour 12 times a day is an arbitrary gate. The requirements for TB and Paragon are not, just like everything else in the game. Take BGs for example, if you want GC rewards you need to get there. That by itself is a progression based gate, although in a smaller scale. Why? Because you need to put in time every season and progress through the ranks. I can certainly get to GC, but I am burned out by the game mode. Therefore, by choosing not to invest my time in it, I accept that I won't get better rewards. It is the exact same thing with story mode. Those who have chosen to put time and effort to get story content done get better rewards, and those who have chosen to not do it can't get the same level of rewards.