Titania...

AnlyAnly Member Posts: 615 ★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Am i the only one who thinks her kit needs a slight tune up? She's good in all but without her sp3 rotation the damage isnt really good and with it its only okay yet you have no reliable way to loop sp3's, she cant power lock so you cant gaurantee you wont take a special to the face so after 3 heavys you have to either stop or take a chance and it is a low chance but its still a pretty decent chance, and the idea of having a rng damage rotation dosent sound very appealing.

or maybe im just playing her wrong.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Check out all of those debuffs she puts on after the sp3 and your buffs -- she's meant to take a special (3) to the face without taking any damage.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    She's great. Watch a vid.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Haymaker is sorely underutilized. it's one of the best "utilities" in the game in my opinion. i have no issues with my Titania.
  • AnlyAnly Member Posts: 615 ★★

Check out all of those debuffs she puts on after the sp3 and your buffs -- she's meant to take a special (3) to the face without taking any damage.

Her indestructable unstoppable and unblockable expire before the debuffs do once those expire you have to stop heavying

Haymaker is sorely underutilized. it's one of the best "utilities" in the game in my opinion. i have no issues with my Titania.

How is it underutilized or how might i be underutilizing it?

She's great. Watch a vid.

I have...
    I actually forgot that all her damage is gone after her sp3 haymaker expires so its even worse than i initially thought
    Okay it seems like she's only supposed to shine in bg's makes sense

Anly said:

Okay it seems like she's only supposed to shine in bg's makes sense

whoever told you that doesn't know Titania
    I mean she's only good for shorter fight i guess eq fits under that branch too

Anly said:

How is it underutilized or how might i be underutilizing it?
    if you can time it right, you can tank any special the defender throws at you. the SP3 is really good but it's not the way i exclusively play her. i used her a LOT in 8.2 exploration. there's one path especially that she has a proper laugh at. but she can do plenty and her damage isn't bad at all.

I usually start with an SP1 to get the debuff extention up and then just go to work because her damage is all about debuffs on the defender. if i have to, heavy into an SP3 and most things don't survive after that lol
    Story content health pools take 2 sp3's
    Her damage is pretty average which in her case isnt very good because her damage relies on sp3 haymaker+debuffs
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Watch how he plays her maybe this will help.
    https://youtu.be/Eg8XgaS5Yxc
    Manup456 said:

Watch how he plays her maybe this will help.
    https://youtu.be/Eg8XgaS5Yxc

Ok didnt realize awakening was so important for her 👍
  • spider_man_guy_123spider_man_guy_123 Member Posts: 162 ★★
    Awakening isn’t even entirely necessary. You are most definitely not playing her correctly. I recommend watching karatemike use her as he frequently plays with her and has some good videos on his channel.
    edited May 2023

Awakening isn’t even entirely necessary. You are most definitely not playing her correctly. I recommend watching karatemike use her as he frequently plays with her and has some good videos on his channel.

I did watch him that how i learned to play her in the first place... i have a r3 titania that dosent even perform close to what was shown in the video even with suicides, they gained haymaker what like 2-3 times faster than no awakening and damage was alot better too
    Mine hasnt really been of much use aside from being an alternate counter to spidey supreme and mojo in bg's
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,596 ★★★★★
    Anly said:

I did watch him that how i learned to play her in the first place... i have a r3 titania that dosent even perform close to what was shown in the video even with suicides, they gained haymaker what like 2-3 times faster than no awakening and damage was alot better too
    Mine hasnt really been of much use aside from being an alternate counter to spidey supreme and mojo in bg's
    Light ending combos are her best friend because it increases the number of debuffs you place. She also benefits greatly from the champion synergy because you can pause her furies on intercepts
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    She’s amazing. Was using both my 6 and 7* in some of the 8.2 lanes. She’s also great in BGs.
    edited May 2023
    i think i get it now the champion synergy along with awakened ability was decreasing the duration between haymakers like that

I dont find much use for my titania cause i choose to only use the best options for content
    Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

i think i get it now the champion synergy along with awakened ability was decreasing the duration between haymakers like that

I dont find much use for my titania cause i choose to only use the best options for content

I feel like you’ll miss out on using a lot of great champs if you only do that, but you do you I guess
    Idk just the way i operate im into marvel and stuff but i dont really have any favorites i have champs i think are cool but i wont rank them unless they'e helpful i really only ranked titania to make my roster a little bigger and i had no one else remotely decent to rank
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Member Posts: 852 ★★★
    Build to s3, use your second haymaker to heavy, use s3 after first hit of heavy, dash in, heavy 4 times, build to s2, use s2. That should KO most anything outside of Everest content or bosses.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

I feel like you’ll miss out on using a lot of great champs if you only do that, but you do you I guess
    Idk just the way i operate im into marvel and stuff but i dont really have any favorites i have champs i think are cool but i wont rank them unless they'e helpful i really only ranked titania to make my roster a little bigger and i had no one else remotely decent to rank
    Titania is one of the best science champs to use for content though. If you only want to use the very very top of the class, that’s like 2 champs. Doesn’t mean the other ones aren’t amazing and a lot of them can be nearly as effective for a lot of stuff.
    edited May 2023
    Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Titania is one of the best science champs to use for content though. If you only want to use the very very top of the class, that’s like 2 champs. Doesn’t mean the other ones aren’t amazing and a lot of them can be nearly as effective for a lot of stuff.
    Id still say she's really only good for bg's tho 500k-600k health pools really arent for her and the amount of utility she provides makes it not really worth bringing her 9 out of 10 times

There are more than 2 champs for each class Science: qs,torch,scorp,spot,
    skill: nick, chi, kingpin, maybe black cat?
    Mutant: kitty, apoc, mags, prof, aa
    Tech: ghost, nimrod, peni, warlock, idoom
    Cosmic: cgr, herc, galan, hulkling
    Mystic: doom, sorceror, abs man

If titania is one of the top in her class she's at the very bottom of the top i know there are other champs in the class that are also good but for my account those rank ups arent worth, i really dont rank champs that dont bring anything to my account i always have a reason i dont like wasting mats if your going to be on my account your going to serve a purpose
    Aside from havok he just sucks so bad

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Id still say she's really only good for bg's tho 500k-600k health pools really arent for her and the amount of utility she provides makes it not really worth bringing her 9 out of 10 times

If titania is one of the top in her class she's at the very bottom of the top i know there are other champs in the class that are also good but for my account those rank ups arent worth, i really dont rank champs that dont bring anything to my account i always have a reason i dont like wasting mats if your going to be on my account your going to serve a purpose

I meant at the very very top of the class, not just 2 that are good. Valk, Kate, and Zemo are also at the top of skill imo (KM has some good videos on Zemo including one taking 80+ bosses) and I’d add champs like Rintrah to mystic. Tech has future ant-man and some other new additions that are great.
    Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

I meant at the very very top of the class, not just 2 that are good. Valk, Kate, and Zemo are also at the top of skill imo (KM has some good videos on Zemo including one taking 80+ bosses) and I’d add champs like Rintrah to mystic. Tech has future ant-man and some other new additions that are great.
    I didnt include any champs that i dont know enough about so its a shorter list
    edited May 2023

I'm so lost in this thread. What is OP complaining about? Not being good with Titania?

I use my unawakened R3 in tons of content and she puts in mad work. She just laughs at Mojos and Dormmamu's, but anywhere buffs are punished she is already amazing.

Learn to use her to maximize damage and have fun. Not every champ ko's in a single special, but she has the potential when awakened - it's certainly not needed though.

She has plenty of damage and tons of sustainability when you time the haymakers correctly. If you can't figure it out, keep practicing...or don't. This is a "you" issue, not a Titania issue.

Firstly where you use who dosent matter you can use daredevil for do you bleed and say whatever you want it dosent change how good or bad a champ is

Secondly just because i dont think a champ is good dosent mean i dont know how to play them i play her fine she just didnt match the hype she was given which lead me to believe i was missing something turns out she's just underwhelming to me

Her damage is average thats not up for debate

I know she's sustainable that was my first reaction after using her for the first time with suicides

Nobody said anything about 1 hit k.o'ing i hate this stupid trend of people thinking players want 1 hit k.o damage or cgr damage because they said something negative about a champs damage all i said is that her damage was average, cgr can get by because he has about 80% damage 20% utility, warlock can get by because he has about 70% utility 30% damage you cant have 30% utility and 30% damage and i dont wanna hear "but her haymaker" i know what her haymaker can do and still her utility is nothing special, she's not that good without awakening, she's not that good without synergies, i still think her kit should be reworked (obviously not gonna happen) she should have power lock on sp3's and a way to get back to a sp3 quicker or increased duration on sp3 haymaker
This discussion has been closed.