Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Fine. Ill do it myself. (Sentry Buff Idea)

Since Kabam cant decide on a way to buff sentry, ill do it myself. Before you say, "They already buffed him, that vulture synergy doesn't mean anything", in the XN Interviews form August 27, 2022, Kabam John said that there is work on a sentry buff, but it was put on the backburner. Now why I'm doing this is that id love to see more people use him, not necessarily because he's strong in the comics, but i digress. But before i give you the TL;DR, i would like to state i have a R4 6* sig 200, so my opinion of him is biased.

TL;DR
Reality warps go from 5 max to 10 max, gains a bunch of imminites, the Ægon and The Champion synergies are put in his base kit, but at -50% and -25% potency respectively. He loses some base Crit and Crit Damage rating, and the right attack (Special 1, Heavy, or Special 2) in their corresponding state of mind lose some attack rating per reality warp, and his fury and armor break from the special 1 and 2 gain the reality warp as a multiplier, in the right state.

I know that was a lot for a tl;dr, but these things cant just be done in 5 minutes you know? Otherwise all the bad champs, LOOKIN AT YOU GROOT, would have been buffed by now. Not to mention that they try to keep the comic book lore as a lose guideline, and that a champ like this needs to have their original feel or people wont be happy. Think OG Black Panther. He was kind of about bleeds before his buff, and now very much is. Or even Colossus, he was about armor ups, and now needs them for his damage, which thankfully is very strong damage. The rest of this is going to read like a page off of the Kabam MCOC website, so if you don't like that, its how they would have written it, plus i gave you a tl;dr so don't come crying to me when you see the length of this post.

Note! All shown stats are for a rank 5 6*!

Stats:

Crit Rate goes from 494 down to 394.
Crit Damage goes from 791 down to 591.

Passive:

The power of a million exploding suns grants immunity to ability accuracy reductions via abilities and debuffs, as well as the following immunities:
Immune to Incinerate, Plasma, Coldsnap, and Frostbite, and all power manipulations are 25% less effective. His enhanced vision allows him to bypass miss, and his Extrasensory Perception allows him to ignore all evade effects. Gain 55% Energy Resist.

Dev note: The reason i went with this is a lot of people complants with sentry is that he doesnt have utility, so this gives him some, but is still reasonable. If you think this is too much, look at Ægon for instance, as long as he has 100 combo, all crits will remove ALL debuffs, so having some of that isnt too crazy.

Molecular Reformation - Passive:

When Sentry loses his Combo, he has a 25.37 to 100% chance to become Indestructible for (from 0.3 to 0.15) seconds per Reality Warp. Indestructible doesn’t trigger if Sentry is afflicted with a Debuff.

At the start of a fight, if Health is above (was 89.55 to 0%, now is 50 -to 0%), Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight

Dev Note: all i want is for his sig 1 usage to be higher than it is now. the problem is right now, at sig 1 you must be above 89.55% health at the start of the fight in order to keep the reality warps. I find this to be a bit unreasonable. 50% is a bit more fair, and still allows for the high sig to be an investment.

Reality Warp - Passive:

At the start of a fight and after every 40 hits in a combo, Sentry gains a Reality Warp. Reality Warps stack up to (5 -> 10). Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities, and grant +8% Attack Rating and +100 Critical Rating and Critical Damage Rating.

Dev Note: Not much has changed here, just the 10 reality warps, and the Ægon and Champion synergies being in his base kit, but at a bit of a power drop to them. This is offset, but only for the attack rating, but the higher reality warp count.

State of Mind - Passive:

Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next state for every 10 his in his Combo. When Sentry loses his Combo, he reverts to Unyielding Fortitude.

Unyielding Fortitude: 100% chance to trigger, and during this state Sentry can't lose his Combo. Unyielding Fortitude remains until Sentry changes states.

Dev note: No change here partner. Sorry to bother you.

Overpowering Light: 100% chance to trigger, and during this state Sentry’s Special Attack 1 gains (2883.3 -> 2162.5) Attack Rating per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Overpowering Light remains until Sentry changes states.

Dev Note: Slight change here, the attack rating bonus from each reality warp is lowered to compensate for the higher attack and crit damage by the new reality warp ability. other than that, all is the same.

Steadfast Approach: (60 -> 50%) to trigger, and during this state Sentry’s Heavy has its attack rating increased by (2883.3 -> 2162.5) per reality warp. In addition, he gains a (100 -> 10%) to perform a Perfect Block, and the chance is increased by 10% flat for each reality warp. This state of mind has a +5% flat chance to trigger for each reality warp. Steadfast Approach remains until Sentry changes states.

Dev Note: This sees the biggest change to his states of mind. The prefect block and chance to trigger both go up with the number of reality warps. i find that this would make him more consistent for his heavy state of mind, and help balance out the prefect block gained from this when it does trigger.

Absolute Strength: 100% chance to trigger, and during this state Sentry’s Special Attack 2 gains (2883.3 -> 2162.5) Attack Rating per Reality Warp and is Unlockable. Absolute Strength remains until Sentry changes states.

Dev Note: Same thing as the Special 1 got. Lower attack rating, but can go higher with more reality warps.

Special Attacks:

The potency of the Fury or Armor Break from a Special is multiplied by the number of reality warps you have, and its duration is increased by 1 second for each reality warp.

Dev Note: This is really important to making sure you don't just want to say in the heavy state of mind the whole fight. The multiplier for the fury, which is now a passive, and the armor break as well as increased duration is very, very encouraging.

Special Attack 1:

100% chance to gain a fury passive, increasing your attack by (1029.75 -> 514.9) for (20 -> 0.5) seconds, paused during Special Attacks

Dev Note: Potency has been reduced, but gains the multiplier, and the duration is drastically reduced but gains the increased duration for each reality warp, so it balances out.

Special Attack 2:

100% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying (750 -> 500) Armor Rating Reduction for (20 -> 15) seconds.

Dev Note: Same deal here. Lower potency and duration, but is balanced out by the multiplier and duration increase. For those thinking, "WOW! A 5,000 armor rating reduction for 25 seconds is a lot!" And while your not wrong, think of Air-Walker. He can sustain 2 armor breaks of 2,250 potency for the whole fight. Put Galan and being a Herald in the mix and suddenly he's even better.

Special Attack 3:

When Health is below 50%, Sentry consumes (1 -> 2) Reality Warps to passively Heal 5357.6 over 3 seconds

Dev Note: Pretty simple change here. Before he used up 1/5 of his reality warps to heal 10% health, so i kept that stat the same.

Outgoing Synergies:

For Even a Millisecond (With Hulk Immortal)
Sentry: When Sentry activates the correct Attack in his current state, he has a 50% chance to deal a burst of damage equal to his attack rating. This chance is increased by 5% flat for each Reality Warp.

Hulk (Immortal): When dealing a burst of damage, He has a 1-100% chance to inflict a Physical Vulnerability, reducing Physical Resistance by 500 for 10 seconds. This chance scales with Gamma Radiation, Maxing out at 50 Gamma Radiation

Dev Note: This is a reference to World War Hulk, in which Ryan Reynolds says when asked to fight world breaker hulk, "It's the agoraphobia. Some days it's...I can't...Sorry, Tony. You'll have to handle this one yourselves. Against an opponent this powerful...The amount of energy I'd have to expend...if I...lost control, for even a millisecond..." Plus, IHulks thing is dealing burst, so why not give that to someone with a synergy?

In Two Parts (with carnage):
Sentry: When fighting a villain, Sentry gains 1 extra Reality Warp at the start of the fight.

Carnage: If a bleed fails to apply, he instead inflicts a Armor Break of 500 potency, that is refreshed like a bleed and lasts as long as a bleed. This Armor Break can stack. This removes his regular armor break ability

Dev Note: This is once again reference to a comic book, but this time one of sentry's first appearances. In this comic he fights Carnage, and takes him into space and rips him in half. So not only is this a play on words, but also is something i wish Carnage had in his base kit. Not the whole ripping in half thing, but what the synergy does for him.

Incoming Synergys:

Friends (With Ægon’):
Sentry: When Sentry starts a fight with 5 or more Reality Warps, he gains a cleanse passive for 30 seconds, cleansing the next debuff inflicted. Gain one more cleanse at 10 Reality Warps.

Ægon: Well Timed blocks guarantee Ægon’s next
hit will be a Critical Hit.

Persistent Force (With The Champion):
Sentry: Every persistent charge grants Sentry +10% potency for his Special Attack 3 Regen.

The Champion: When The Champion has 3 or more Persistent Charges, he starts the fight with an Indestructible buff, ignoring all incoming damage for 8 seconds.

Dev Note: For all i care, he could be removed from these synergies, but i thought id give him something to benefit from.

See? Told you it was long. Anyway I'm mostly doing this since kabam kind of promised us one and never gave it, so as the title says, i did it myself. Kabam, if you read this, i don't even care if I'm not credited, just give us something. Like where you thought process is so that the hardcore sentry users can weigh in their opinions. Heck, id even test it for you all for free, see if its too good and needs to be toned down. Just don't leave us hanging, alight?

Love,
The Queen of Wales

Comments

• Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    edited May 2023
    absolutely amazing man. I feel a bunch people might say you made him a bit too op but seems accurate to me
  • Options
    Zeddicus87Zeddicus87 Posts: 4
    I'd like to see him as the opposite of void either gains attack per buff on the opponent or opponent takes damage per buff on himself