**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Viv Vision need a buff?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

I have her at r3 and still her base stats need some improvement imo. I like the route they went with her, makes her unique but she’ll pay dearly for any mishap that’s not your doing. Gameplay is still inconsistent and I believe it’s here to stay. Ex, parry timing messes her up from time to time with block damage.

Ah, ok so she could use a buff is what you’re saying?
  • Options

People don’t tend to understand that resources are limited. How many % of players in the game currently have a spare 6* tech AG let alone 200 sig stones just lying around?

I would guess less than 1%.

I have three
    Good for you…

• Options

I gave one tech AG to viv and r3'd her because I had tech t5cc expiring, she's sig 1 and doing some decent damage. Didn't know she needed max sig though. I would've saved the gem for ghost or used it on ultron. Got two more so not heartbroken.

I recently I used a tech gem in iDoom .. would need to burn a generic on her hence the hesi.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Here’s a legitimate solution to this issue. Play the champ without max sig and see how you like the play-style and the overall feel of the kit. No champ needs to be at max sig to make a decision for yourself on whether or not they are good. You can go to auntm.ai to get all the info on their sig ability. Once you learn the champ, then you see how the sig ability relates to the champ’s overall kit and discern how it may or may not improve the champ and make them someone you are more interested in investing in or not. If you enjoy a champ at sig 1, you are probably going to enjoy them even more at sig 20, sig 100, or max sig. There are plenty of champs out there that should be sig 200 and yet players rank them up unduped or low sig because they enjoy the champ, understand their kit, and are likely committed to future investment knowing the best of that champ lies down the road.

Nobody ever scaled Everest from bottom to top on their first attempt. It took training, practice and understanding. Play the champs as they are, decide if you enjoy them and study the full potential of their kit. Then decide if they’re an investment you want to make. The advice and insight of others is certainly helpful, but the most knowledgeable people involve their own study as the primary factor in their conclusions.

I don’t know if Viv is that great or not because I haven’t played around with mine yet, but I also don’t have certain champs ranked (Quake and Tigra are two examples) because I tried them and do not personally enjoy their play-style even though many of the YouTubers you constantly mention would put them in top tiers. You can validate your opinions with the thoughts of others, just don’t form them there.
  • Options

Have just pulled her as a 6*.

Watched a few videos on her from Lagacy to Karatemike to KT1 and it seems they think the champ is a little underwhelming.

Lagacy had him in the third tier (from top), and said that she has really low “base stats”.

KT1 said she’s “under-tuned”.

Karatemike was probably the most bullish of her, but who isn’t he bullish on? lol..

Anyone been using her?

Do you think she would benefit from a buff?

Genuine question.... after watching those videos, did you take her for a spin? Did you try any of the rotations they used? Did you try any of your own rotations? it's fine to gather information about a champion, but it's also important that you find out what you like or don't like about a champion.

I'll use Silver Centurion as an example. He's not widely seen as the best or worse but he's very good at what his kit allows him to do. Most of the content creators weren't high on him but I have found many, many uses for him in lots of different content.

This is an obvious pattern with you. Most recently with Mantis.
    Would you not ask someone who had scaled Everest for advice before setting off yourself?

Think.
    My post got sent to approval so it may double up, but the issue here is that you’re not asking for advice. You pulled a champ, saw other people’s gameplay and then immediately asked if she should be buffed. If you had asked for advice, this and the mantis thread would likely have gone a better route.
    Mantis eventually got a buff so the devs obviously agreed.
    Whelp I’m done here. You completely ignored everything I said to focus on one thing that could possible argue your point.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

I have her at r3 and still her base stats need some improvement imo. I like the route they went with her, makes her unique but she’ll pay dearly for any mishap that’s not your doing. Gameplay is still inconsistent and I believe it’s here to stay. Ex, parry timing messes her up from time to time with block damage.

I think she’ll benefit from a little upgrade, not much but a little. Some base stats and some attack. She’s not the champ you want to bring into a long fight. She’s supposed to be for short and mediums fights, but sadly she struggles with some of these matchups making them last longer than they should.
    You need her a rank or two above other good champs for her to compete with them. That’s not a sign of a champ that will age well with time.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    More to the point, I don't think she needs a tune-up. I would invest in her.
    My SW is eating Sigs just fine. Sometimes it takes patience.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★
    You know its bad when mcoc is being compared to mount everest
  • Options

I'm not exactly sure what the point is in asking for feedback if you're only going to accept the feedback that supports your opinion.
    I'm pretty sure that's called being an "askhole".

I’ve never heard of that term.. is it commonly used?
  • Options

More to the point, I don't think she needs a tune-up. I would invest in her.
    My SW is eating Sigs just fine. Sometimes it takes patience.

Have you been using Viv?
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

I think she’ll benefit from a little upgrade, not much but a little. Some base stats and some attack. She’s not the champ you want to bring into a long fight. She’s supposed to be for short and mediums fights, but sadly she struggles with some of these matchups making them last longer than they should.
    You need her a rank or two above other good champs for her to compete with them. That’s not a sign of a champ that will age well with time.
    I see that seems to be the overall feeling I get from all the famous and well respected YouTubers as well.

Hopefully the devs are taking note. I really hope she becomes a champ I could invest into as resources are so limited nowadays.

Thank you for your valuable input.
  • Options

Sigh, another back and forth thread.

I don’t think so.

There’s a lot of good into being provided so far, let me summarise:

- she needs awakening to be effective
    - she needs high sigs possibly 200 to be effective
    - she suffers from long fights
    - her base states are somewhat underwhelming

This is invaluable info for the devs to consider her being buffed.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153

Watched a few videos on her from Lagacy to Karatemike to KT1 and it seems they think the champ is a little underwhelming.

Lagacy had him in the third tier (from top), and said that she has really low “base stats”.

Karatemike was probably the most bullish of her, but who isn’t he bullish on? lol..

Anyone been using her?

Don't let Youtubers change your mind on a champ
  • Options

Anyone been using her?

Don't let Youtubers change your mind on a champ
    I’m not, I’m gathering as much info as I can before investing into one as resources are limited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Justin2524 said: AngelMcNugget said: Justin2524 said: AngelMcNugget said: Justin2524 said: I_tell_no_tales_1 said: Justin2524 said: Demonzfyre said: Justin2524 said:Have just pulled her as a 6*.

Anyone been using her?

Genuine question.... after watching those videos, did you take her for a spin? Did you try any of the rotations they used? Did you try any of your own rotations? it's fine to gather information about a champion, but it's also important that you find out what you like or don't like about a champion.

I'll use Silver Centurion as an example. He's not widely seen as the best or worse but he's very good at what his kit allows him to do. Most of the content creators weren't high on him but I have found many, many uses for him in lots of different content.

Would you not ask someone who had scaled Everest for advice before setting off yourself?

Think.

Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest
    Well I've been told she isn't as effective without being awakened and 200 sig.

So what now?

You go to auntmai, see if her sig 0, 1, 100, and 200 are desirable to you and then you make your decision.

But how does that tell you what’s it like in actual gameplay?

You use the numbers and the words to figure that out

I’ve been told constantly in this thread to “use the champ”. Now you’re telling me to just read the description and “figure it out”?

Which is it?

Both or either
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Anyone been using her?

Think.
    Yeah
    You asked for advice
    People gave it
    Now climb the Everest
    Well I've been told she isn't as effective without being awakened and 200 sig.

So what now?
    You go to auntmai, see if her sig 0, 1, 100, and 200 are desirable to you and then you make your decision.
    But how does that tell you what’s it like in actual gameplay?
    You use the numbers and the words to figure that out
    I’ve been told constantly in this thread to “use the champ”. Now you’re telling me to just read the description and “figure it out”?

Which is it?
    Both or either
    Why
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,725 ★★★★
    edited May 2023

Anyone been using her?

For me i feel the damage is fine, and i like her utility. She's not a speed demon like CGR, so your not going to end fights fast, but i can deal with that.

Best is to look at your roster and see if you need her or not.
This discussion has been closed.