Hulkling vs CGR

Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Member Posts: 255 ★★
After Hercules, the two best champs within overall the best class in the game (inb4 Galan).

What can Hulkling counter/deal with that CGR can’t and vice versa?

Would like to get a list of when to bring either into a fight as an attacker with no suicides.

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    As an attacker cgr is a better nuke for the fights he can armour break. He’s also my fastest quester so I use him more since I’m lazy sometimes lol.
    But hulking counters more niche opponents such as peni for power drain or kingpin since he doesn’t debuff like cgr.
    Tho Both are vital for bgs imo
  • Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Member Posts: 255 ★★

As an attacker cgr is a better nuke for the fights he can armour break. He’s also my fastest quester so I use him more since I’m lazy sometimes lol.
    But hulking counters more niche opponents such as peni for power drain or kingpin since he doesn’t debuff like cgr.

Nice, also I’m guessing Hulking is better against Nimrod?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Definitely is. Anybody who uses armor break is effectively useless against nimrod, and CGR heavily relies upon that
  • AnlyAnly Member Posts: 615 ★★

Definitely is. Anybody who uses armor break is effectively useless against nimrod, and CGR heavily relies upon that
    Not always

After Hercules, the two best champs within overall the best class in the game (inb4 Galan).

Would like to get a list of when to bring either into a fight as an attacker with no suicides.

Theres alot of stuff cgr can do only time you wouldnt be able to use him is when your buffs get nullified or theres aa reduction or theres something he isnt immune to, i recommend watching slayer of gods he has probably the best cgr content.
  • Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Member Posts: 255 ★★
    Anly said:

Theres alot of stuff cgr can do only time you wouldnt be able to use him is when your buffs get nullified or theres aa reduction or theres something he isnt immune to, i recommend watching slayer of gods he has probably the best cgr content.
    Yeah I’ve seen quite a few of his videos, he’s definitely the expert on CGR.

Is there a channel that similarly focuses on Hulkling?

Anly said:

Yeah I’ve seen quite a few of his videos, he’s definitely the expert on CGR.

Is there a channel that similarly focuses on Hulkling?
    Not to my knowledge but that would be cool to see, so ill look
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    CGR is probably the faster attacker when he can reliably perform his rotation. However, Hulkling doesn't have the same strict rotation-dependency as CGR, meaning he can take a lot of fights that would normally throw CGR off. You're also not afraid to dex with Hulkling, which is a big plus. CGR has the block proficiency to take a few blocked hits without sweating it, but it's still hard to shake off that impulse to dex stuff.

I have both at r3 at the moment but both are in my top 3 list of champs I want to r4 ASAP. The only reason I haven't taken them up there before is that they've always been "good enough" at r3. But I really want to get rank them up now. It's time, for both of them.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

CGR is probably the faster attacker when he can reliably perform his rotation. However, Hulkling doesn't have the same strict rotation-dependency as CGR, meaning he can take a lot of fights that would normally throw CGR off. You're also not afraid to dex with Hulkling, which is a big plus. CGR has the block proficiency to take a few blocked hits without sweating it, but it's still hard to shake off that impulse to dex stuff.

I have both at r3 at the moment but both are in my top 3 list of champs I want to r4 ASAP. The only reason I haven't taken them up there before is that they've always been "good enough" at r3. But I really want to get rank them up now. It's time, for both of them.

I would recommend going with hulkling since he will make your BG defense better and is a top tier attacker himself
    CGR's dmg is good enough at r3
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Both are great. CGR has better nuke potential while Hulkling has more survivability with his regen and indestructible. Also Hulkling can take class disadvantage matchups and there are very few mystics that shut him down
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Member Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Anly said:

Yeah that’s the only content he has lol
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Member Posts: 785 ★★★★
    CGR is more limited imo, he has insane nuke potential but there are a lot more nodes that completely neuter his abilities. When he has free reign to nuke, he nukes. It most cases though, I often find myself choosing Hulkling over CGR. A few comments said that Hulkling is more niche than CGR but I personally thinks it’s the opposite. He works for a lot more matchups in addition to many of the same matchups CGR works for.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Hulkiling is better in debuff immune/ shrug match ups. CGR needs the armor breaks for his damage. He’s also good for shock, poison, power burn, power drain and power steal match ups. Simple playstle, tanky regen and indestructible if you mess up. Can gain power and deal massive damage hitting into block, can go unblockable to creat openings without partying. Has an intimidate debuff to make them more passive. And is also one of the best defenders in the game.

CGR is better in match ups where you need to armor break the opponent, bleed and incinerate match ups,He can fate seal, power lock, and heal block to counter buff heavy opponents. Can counter miss, and has a power gain buff. is generally faster but harder to play.

I know you excluded Galan but I personally like him better than the other two. Nullify and fateseal immune so he can fight mystics and ignore nodes like buffet. Has an alternate damage source and beefy incinerate debuffs to bypass protection and other damage caps, can be unstoppable, stun immune, and regenerate in his harvest form. Ramps up insanely fast in match ups with armor ups, and fights where they try to trigger his power burn, power drain, and power lock immunity.

All great champs and have different uses.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 492 Content Creator
    edited September 2023

Anly said:

Yeah that’s the only content he has lol
    Less than 50% of my content is CGR related. Not sure why you went out of your way to say something so blatantly rude and incorrect lmao