Options

Hood invisibility

I am consistently getting hit while invisible with Hood before 1 or 2 misses have occurred, all while the opponent has no mechanic which would counter miss. Please address this, it’s infuriating to die in AW, AQ, BGs and quests because of this.

Comments

• Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,526 ★★★★★
    Is there defensive ability accuracy reduction at play?
  • Options
    NaturallyyNaturallyy Posts: 63
    No. I was actually looking for a way to edit my post and add that before you commented.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,865 Guardian
    Maratox said:

It wouldn't matter. DAA wouldn't do anything in this situation because there's nothing to trigger. When a champion is in the "miss" state, attacks just miss (unless you can counter miss). Even if the defender has zero ability accuracy you'd still miss. DAA can prevent a target from entering the miss state, but once they are in that state nothing "happens" to cause attacks to miss. It is like immunity. If you are immune to bleed, nothing "triggers" to confer that immunity. Bleeds are just blocked. DAA can prevent a champion from triggering an effect that confers an immunity, but once they are immune, they are immune.

I haven't seen Hood's miss fail in the manner specified by the OP myself. Screenshots or videos might help. I've seen it work perfectly fine in the last few days, so it isn't simply broken everywhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I did see a thread about a week back talking about this. I faced the issue a lot about a year ago, and it seems since then that they might've made it less common, but I believe people are still having trouble with it. Just like DNA said, pictures and videos could help with diagnosing the issue.
  • Options
    JaceFace75JaceFace75 Posts: 63
    This happened to me twice today. I stopped using him.
  • Options
    I will try to get some video. It never has happened in practice matches and only happens when I am using him offensively while invisible, I’ve never seen it happen if I’m holding block while the opponent is hitting me. But there have been a few nodes where losing your combo meter completely screws you and it’s happened repeatedly in different content. I love using him but he’s become too unreliable and he’s all but useless on defense.
  • Options
    It’s mostly recently happened on the Venom boss fight in 7.1.2 and the Hela boss fight in 7.1.4

The kingpin synergy may have been active for one of them, I can’t remember. I run them together a lot
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    edited June 2023
    It happens very rarely, but its indeed annoying, u never know when gonna occur, i was lucky ones to get a record footage.
    https://youtu.be/s9ctpRpe6RE?t=618
    at 10:18
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,526 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Maratox said:

It wouldn't matter. DAA wouldn't do anything in this situation because there's nothing to trigger. When a champion is in the "miss" state, attacks just miss (unless you can counter miss). Even if the defender has zero ability accuracy you'd still miss. DAA can prevent a target from entering the miss state, but once they are in that state nothing "happens" to cause attacks to miss. It is like immunity. If you are immune to bleed, nothing "triggers" to confer that immunity. Bleeds are just blocked. DAA can prevent a champion from triggering an effect that confers an immunity, but once they are immune, they are immune.

I haven't seen Hood's miss fail in the manner specified by the OP myself. Screenshots or videos might help. I've seen it work perfectly fine in the last few days, so it isn't simply broken everywhere.
    Okay so possibly not defensive ability accuracy reduction, but ability accuracy reduction like concussion can absolutely cause it. Otherwise they wouldn’t be able to specify that the chance reduces with each miss
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Maratox said:

DNA3000 said:

Maratox said:

Okay so possibly not defensive ability accuracy reduction, but ability accuracy reduction like concussion can absolutely cause it. Otherwise they wouldn’t be able to specify that the chance reduces with each miss
    I think it's like perfect block. It's it's own separate stuff that is not affected by aar