**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's the baron zemo hype about?

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
Used my awakened 6* R2 zemo against the 4* punchbag and his damage is mediocre at best.

His utility at root and decelerate takes a bit of doing.

So what am I missing here?
What's his rotation?

I tried sp2 then double sp1s.

Comments

• Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    He’s cool. Just seems a bit slow to me. Especially when compared to Kate
  • Options
    TheSaith said:

Used my awakened 6* R2 zemo against the 4* punchbag and his damage is mediocre at best.

His utility at root and decelerate takes a bit of doing.

So what am I missing here?
    What's his rotation?

I tried sp2 then double sp1s.

Try him against purify champions , you'll stack furries and deal high damage first use second he's fun to play
    Will give it a shot. I'm just wondering how many skill I need to rank up, 😂

Thanks
  • Options

For me it's the control he has over fights. Root and decelerate make for a very powerful combo and allow you to be more aggressive, especially when paired with the 40% combat power rate reduction from root. Then there's his cleanse, which won't be as powerful in certain scenarios after the rebalance, but it's still nice to have and it allows him to take matchups other champions wouldn't be able to take.

His damage in suboptimal matchups is slightly higher than average due to the fact that you have constant, and very potent, DOT on the opponent almost the entire fight. But in those fights where the opponent can shrug off his debuffs or become immune to them, Zemo is bonkers in the damage department.

He might have been overhyped by some content creators but he still is a very solid champion no doubt.

Agreed, he looks really solid.

I'm just thinking if he fills a gap in my roster or not.

Thanks for the details.
  • Options

Infinite bleeds are absolutely op, also he cheeses some matchups like abs man, apoc, kingpin, and some other shruggers

Can you detail a little more please how he cheese abs man.

I might take him up just for that guy. Can be do this in BGs and t4/5 wars. If you have any video or tips, that'll be super helpful.

Thanks.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

1. Consistent damage which won't fall off no matter how slow u play the fight
    2. Consistent & meaningful utility
    3. Defensive Prowess

Most champs will feel underwhelming if the judgement criteria is how fast they perform against the ROL punching bag

1. I don't think going slow in BGs or wars is really the way and those are my focal points right now
    2. I get that he can cleanse and root, does he have more utility?
    3. What's this?

Just trying to gather more info, read his abilities and tried him but maybe I'm missing something.

Will go in and test me based on the suggestions here. Thanks.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Watch Karatemikes videos using Zemo, he deserves all the hype.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

3. Defensive Prowess

Most champs will feel underwhelming if the judgement criteria is how fast they perform against the ROL punching bag

1. I don't think going slow in BGs or wars is really the way and those are my focal points right now
    3. What's this?

Just trying to gather more info, read his abilities and tried him but maybe I'm missing something.

1. He's a great defender for both of ur focal points & is actually a really good & potent attacker for AW....I don't own him yet so don't have enough info about his offensive capabilities in BG but I gues he can do fine in that area as well. Not a nuke but decent enough to find a place in the deck.

2. Most of his utility needs a bit of ramp up which involves throwing a few Sp1s but after that it is indefinite......permanent counter to unstoppable like Valkyrie, Crits through block, 100% block penetration ensuring that u will never have to hit the opponent, High AAR through permanent & passive disorients, Permanent debuffs ensure regen control with even 1 point in despair, Cleanse charges are really powerful, He can essentially lock the defender in root for the entire fight if u master him & use a relic to extend combos at the right time

3. He's a very annoying defender. Not exactly a hard defender but fights can go wrong pretty quickly against him. U will find him very often in high tier AW as a R5 Sig200 defender & also in BG decks of high tier players.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Watched about 30 minutes of it and I feel like he is overhyping him. His was a R5 sig 200, so maybe at that lvl the damage really stacks up.
    I do agree with most of his utilities, think just need to take him to R3, put some sigs and test again. Thanks.
  • Options
    Zemo has damage potential, but he requires a good ramp which to me when testing him, took too long to access. The winter soldier fight isn’t a good matchup though
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    He's good but definitely overhyped.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★
    I just solo 8.2 boss with him, his bleeds were absolutely insane (it was like 60k damage per second once his damage was increased)
  • Options
    mustgofastermustgofaster Posts: 87
    Slight derail, does anyone prevent cleanse?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

Anyone who uses passive debuffs bypasses cleanse
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

Not really.

A few mutants have specific abilities to counter Cleanse, usually for just one debuff: Bishop, Storm and Storm X can effectively prevent Cleanse for stun, for Skill champions. (Zemo can't cleanse stun, so not really an issue for him). Kitty and Toad can counter Cleanse of their Incinerate/Poison debuffs.

And Cleanse only works on Debuffs; not on Passives like most of Zemo's non-bleed effects or Awakened Silver Centurion.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    He is a great champ, good skills and really high prestige

But Kate is wayyy better imo.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

Infinite bleeds are absolutely op, also he cheeses some matchups like abs man, apoc, kingpin, and some other shruggers

Can you detail a little more please how he cheese abs man.

I might take him up just for that guy. Can be do this in BGs and t4/5 wars. If you have any video or tips, that'll be super helpful.

Thanks.
    Abs man is immune to bleed
    I think Karatemike recently did a video on Zemo vs abs
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

AMS94 said:

3. Defensive Prowess

3. What's this?

In BGs he is usually used by me as a defender and becomes even better when awakened
    I haven't gotten a chance to use him on attack but I think he will work fine against champs who place many debuffs or purify like sand man, Knull, abs man, nimrod or any other tech, KP, most probably NF (idk if he will gain furies when NF changes life)
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    edited May 2023

Pikolu said:

Watched about 30 minutes of it and I feel like he is overhyping him. His was a R5 sig 200, so maybe at that lvl the damage really stacks up.
    I do agree with most of his utilities, think just need to take him to R3, put some sigs and test again. Thanks.
    The amazing part for me is he can do 80 endgame boss fights. Not every r5 sig 200 champ can do this many bosses
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    His hype is probably because players have asked for him for so long, and he's just such a cool character in both the movies and the comics. The infinite bleeds are also just so satisfying to watch too
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Watched about 30 minutes of it and I feel like he is overhyping him. \.
    I'm not - he's one of the best Champions in the entire game if you know how to unlock his full potential.
    I'll test some more, thanks.
    Feel like he needs the sigs too. Mine is only 20 sig.