**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How good is green goblin?

I have a 4 star green goblin 4/40 should I upgrade him to rank 5? I also have x23,voodoo,symbiote spidey,Nightcrawler, Ghost rider, captain america classic, Joe fixit, Abomination,captain marvel,old man logan,venom and spiderman classic. All of them are unduped so whom should I rank up further and tell me the best heroes to make a team

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    feel free to check out few of recent youtube videos from Seatin, as well as Joel Line, recommending which champs to upgrade, which are considered GOD-tier and worth ranking all the way to max, which are demi-God tier, which are good-tier and which are meh-tier (meh-tier 4* probably just rank till 3/30 for arena purpose, meh-tier 5* probably just rank till 2/35 for arena purpose).

They also recommend which one needs to be awaken to be useful, which one worth using generic awakening, which one use class specific awakening, and so on.

Back to your list, if I'm in your shoes, I'll save my Tech class T4cc for 4* Starky, 4* Ultron, 4* OG vision, 4* Vision AoU, 4* Star-lord ...... beside that, some good ones I may invest includes Doc Oc, Yondu and Nebula, but most likely will keep them as 4/40 only since resources are limited.

Despite that fact that GG is currently THE ONLY champ that can do INCINERATE + POISON, from utility and immunity wise, I personally don't see any uniqueness of GG worth ranking to 5/50, that cannot be found in other better champs, so if I'm in your shoes, from this perspective, I also wouldn't rank GG to R5.

You listed some good champs, but not in tech class. If we ignore the class, these few in your possessions are definitely out-rank GG:-
    1) X-23 <--- probably 4th in mutant, behind Iceman, AA and Wolvy
    2) Voodoo <--- probably 1st or 2nd in mystic, in the same league as Magik, GR, SW and Mephisto
    3) GR <--- top 5 in mystic
    4) Nightcrawler <--- undup one is good for AW def, but deep-wound is making it good for attack as well
    5) Cap Marvel <--- classic good champ, but maybe behind Hyperion, Angela, Drax

However, these are just purely one person's view, and I could be wrong. Let's hear from more experts especially end-game players and whalers who tried out most of the champs @ max ability in various context.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I replied alot, when I editted and clicked post again, all that I typed gone missing .... OMG
    Sorry that I didn't capture what I typed somewhere
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    I can't talk about Green Goblin because I don't have him... but from your list, I'd pick up X-23 (bleed and regen), Voodoo (also good even undupped), Ghost Rider (very good even undeped: regen, power drain, bleed, power lock) and Cap America (good defense) to make a team. I left a spot for your Green Goblin or someone else.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Green Gob is good on defense, if that's what you're asking. =)
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Place him duped on node 24 and get some popcorn
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Green Goblin is terrible, he is just a prestige bump, nothing more.

He does have utility on Node 24
  • ForlornForlorn Posts: 13
    I find him quite useful.

I know there is a lot of hate out there for him, but in AQ (sometimes AW):
    - Regen basic hits you take (when you have higher madness from parrying attacks - not to hard to manage)
    - Can reduce the opponents power gain. Special 1 also has a 90% chance to place a 45% weakness debuff - so you can reduce incoming damage. Ive always thought that I could get 2 of these up for a 90% damage reduction if the opponent got to a level 3 special, but it's never happened - they always use specials before then. It's not a huge power drain (and its random) - but it safely keeps me away from pushing them to a special 3.
    - If you can bait out a special 1, you can then go for your special 2, which is nice damage and has a good chance of activating a superbomb.

I really like GG overall - I know there were higher expectations for him, but I think he is very solid for playing AQ. I'm not the best player out, but GG is very forgiving of mistakes and controlling the fight in my experience.
  • SmirkyhSmirkyh Posts: 20
    I used GG to get me through Goldblum. He works really well against Hulk. His regen is great and I agree about SP 1. He is effective against Thor R too. Mines an unduped 5* but he has been useful.