**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Comunity management and "bug" triage discussion (opinion?)

I am a software developer
It kind of makes sense to me that some problems are related to an almost infinite and untraceable number of reasons, hit boxes, FPS (frames per second), rendering, device specific performance, input issues, lagging, AI or whatever you call enemy behavior and interactions, node interactions, character interactions and the list goes on...

But whenever Kabam's community management puts a red tape on a post or on a user opinion labeling it as "Not an AI issue, closed", "Not an input issue, closed" it only shows the lack of empathy for the average non tech-savvy users that don't know the intricacies of a software game

What does good community management communication looks like? To "say until the end of time" to the community the state of the game, the progress, and make the community feel safe to raise their opinions and concerns without condescending answers.

If a bug or unexpected behavior is reported as a user, please have the kindness to label it and investigate in the "umbrella" that YOU consider it belongs to, instead of shutting doors because the user didn't fill a Jira ticket with specific poker planning and the correct epic *sigh*

I have been playing this game for more than 4 years
And you guys have done a terrific job, There are MANY many good things in this game, and this translates into people investing money and time despite all the "issues" that the game experiences.

PLEASE consider a more "user-friendly" bug reporting mechanism with respect and empathy towards this lovely and dedicated community.

Comments

• Options
    MauBocanegraTMauBocanegraT Posts: 28
    I know we already have forums posts with device and gameplay information, we also have email tickets as well
    The problem is not a lack of tools for the community, at least not what I tried to explain in this post
    My point goes more toward not slaming a door whenever someone does not "follow the forum guidelines" to post a bug.

Yes, is a team effort between Kabam and community, but asking for a more comprehensive understanding from Kabam is not that crazy of an idea, is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    What would that better bug reporting system look like? The issue here is that a lot of bugs being reported with inaccurate or lacking information just ends up making for a messy "bugs and known issues" section, which really slows down how much information the mods are able to go through. I'd estimate that Kabam is aware of the vast majority of bugs that are still reported every day, but lacking in any critical information to fix them. So when posts are made time and time again with the same provided information, what else can they do but close it and reiterate that these issues are more complicated than players are making them out to be? A company of the size and magnitude of Kabam most likely has their own internal bug tracker that they keep organized a lot better than what we see. Or at least a color coded white board would suffice.

Still, it could be helpful to give ideas for how they could organize these issues better. I heard that somebody at Kabam stated that they're always looking for recommendations on how to best improve the Trello board.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★

I know we already have forums posts with device and gameplay information, we also have email tickets as well
    The problem is not a lack of tools for the community, at least not what I tried to explain in this post
    My point goes more toward not slaming a door whenever someone does not "follow the forum guidelines" to post a bug.

Yes, is a team effort between Kabam and community, but asking for a more comprehensive understanding from Kabam is not that crazy of an idea, is it?
    If you want to grandstand, address the policy enforcers. If you want action, address the policy maker's bosses. If you want some real fun, hit up SW on linkedin. He's surprisingly accessible...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian

Perhaps you should link to some examples of this. I don't recall specific cases of players having "a door slammed" on them for simply reporting a bug improperly. Usually, the door gets slammed when the player is told what the devs require to pursue a problem and get a load of "its not my job" or they spam the forums. Sometimes players will be told to repost their bug reports in a place specifically designated for that purpose, but I don't see that as problematic either.

The bottom line is that if you want to report a bug, you need to provide the information needed to actually investigate. If you're unwilling to do so, Kabam is not going to go off on a wild goose chase. I wouldn't. If a customer reports a problem and I ask for more information and they either refuse to give it to me or simply ignore the request, if they are lucky I will repeat the request, but then I will move on to more productive things.

But if you have specific examples of a mod saying "not an AI issue" and then closing the thread without further comment, please link to it. I would like to know under what circumstances that is happening.