**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Battleground - Gladiator circuit - idea

kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
I recently got to GC and won 2 matches, great! Except that I lost 3 as well so now I'm at 0 points...
The same as anyone who just reached GC...
So I wonder if we should lose points at all when losing (in GC)?
Not losing points will promote players to actually play. I see why some, reaching 50 points by luck (or skill, ok) after 3 matches decide to stop there and not play anymore (rewards for their current tier are way more valuable than risking losing all those points by continuing playing).
If you keep your points you actually reward players who play since the only possible way is up.
That doesn't change anything for the best of the best, they will still place high but for the rest it's only better.
What do you think?

Comments

• PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    Jeez. Lots of such threads. People dont like to loose in competetive mode. So next proposals:
    1 No medals for loosing in VT
    2 No loosing points in GC
    3 No loosing at all in match. When you loose it should be a draw for you and win for the opponent
    4 No loose in a single match. If you die in a match you should gain 30k points
    5 Rewards in VT should be just for participation
    6 …
    Any ideas for next points? 🤡🤡🤡
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

How about heck no. Gladiator circuit is a competition and if you can't get a win rate above 50%, then you don't deserve to be able to advance in it.

Yea it is a competitive bug mode.
  • spider_man_guy_123spider_man_guy_123 Posts: 162 ★★
    Pikok said:

Jeez. Lots of such threads. People dont like to loose in competetive mode. So next proposals:
    3 No loosing at all in match. When you loose it should be a draw for you and win for the opponent
    6 …

Every time we win we get a 7* abyss nexus with 10 unreleased champions
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 495 ★★★

Pikok said:

6 …

And just a regular 7* class nexus with 3 unreleased champs if you lose.
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
    Lol, you guys are seriously derailing this thread...
    Note that I never mention any update in reward, I'm merely suggesting an update in the points system.
    If you are so good that you are moving on GC then congrats, you deserve it and no one will take that from you with what I suggest.
  • spider_man_guy_123spider_man_guy_123 Posts: 162 ★★

Lol, you guys are seriously derailing this thread...
    Note that I never mention any update in reward, I'm merely suggesting an update in the points system.
    If you are so good that you are moving on GC then congrats, you deserve it and no one will take that from you with what I suggest.

Your last sentence is exactly why this shouldn’t ever be considered. The people who are good enough to climb deserve it and the people who aren’t shouldn’t be able to
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★

Pikok said:

6 …

How about 7* abyss nexus with 10 unreleased Cyclops?
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,123 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    If everyone gets higher up than whats the point?
    the minimum points a player has in gc will just grow and grow to the point where those who only managed to get to gc recently will have a harder time to keep up with those who got to gc way before them.
    While it's a good idea but it means those who arrive to gc later then everybody will have to suffer even more to get better rewards
    Not everyone would get higher up, only people playing.
    Otherwise how would you solve the "I think I'm at a good score atm, I can stop playing. Let's relax and watch the others gain/lose points"
    Yes, if you join GC late you are at a disadvantage but isn't it the case already?
    Again, looks like you guys don't need such thing because you are doing very well, good for you!
    I suppose you were also against the win 2/ lose 1 in VT?
    The higher ranks will still be for big shots, that won't change. In the middle it will be war just like now, granted scores will be higher maybe. For the rest it will be better. If you don't play you don't advance, in fact you might get behind a bit, great.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,106 ★★★★

I recently got to GC and won 2 matches, great! Except that I lost 3 as well so now I'm at 0 points...
    The same as anyone who just reached GC...
    So I wonder if we should lose points at all when losing (in GC)?
    Not losing points will promote players to actually play. I see why some, reaching 50 points by luck (or skill, ok) after 3 matches decide to stop there and not play anymore (rewards for their current tier are way more valuable than risking losing all those points by continuing playing).
    If you keep your points you actually reward players who play since the only possible way is up.
    That doesn't change anything for the best of the best, they will still place high but for the rest it's only better.
    What do you think?

Terrible idea. The entire point of GC is that you can get much better rewards than in VT at the end of the season but the risk is also higher since now you can fall back to lower ranks. GC is supposed to be for the best of the best. If you can't maintain your score then that means you don't deserve to be in the higher ranks. As others have already mentioned, making it so that you can only gain points greatly advantages those that are able to promote to GC within the first week, while also inflating the scores since now you would need even more points to reach higher brackets.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,907 ★★★★★
    Bad idea. Get good.
    What you said really helps, thanks for sharing