Viv Vision Tune Up!

Viv vision is a great character with great utility and awesome mechanics, it would be a shame to see her not being utilized as much because she doesnt perform as well as other characters in her class. Theres two issues with Viv Vision;

1. The base damage output and the armor is one of the lowest in the game.

2. After first consuming all of her armor into solar charges with the first sp2 it is nearly impossible to gain them back again after they are used for the sp1.

Suggestions;

To combat base attack rating:

Scale base attack, (M,L,HEAVY) only, opposite of armor. Ex. At her max armor of 16, her base attack is unaffected. Her base attack damage output scales up by, (x) amount, per armor lost in any way for a max of 16. Any amount of armor breaks on Viv Vision counters the equal number she would scale her base attack. (This mechanic would be great for Viv Vision as her base attack would rise significantly while she has 0 armor up buffs, but this would only be temporary as she is constantly regaining armor back).

To combat regaining armor, a few options:

When any of Viv visions armor is lost due to converting them into solar charges they are restored one at a time, each taking 5 seconds, otherwise this takes 10 seconds.

Each hit that makes contact with the opponent during Viv Visions phasing state, restores one armor up buff while below 16.

Each hit of Viv Visions heavy attack restores one armor up buff while below 16.

Comments

• FrostBiteChampFrostBiteChamp Member Posts: 23
    Another suggestion for the armor build up could be ending a 5-Hit combo instany restores one armor up buff.

If using this mechanic as an awakened ability then; Instany restore one armor up buff whenever a dormant energy vulnerability is inflicted.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    It's a fair suggestion but at the end of the day they're going to go off of what the numbers and the data are showing them. Someone complaining she doesn't hit hard enough isn't going to be their only motivator if she's hitting all the right metrics everywhere else.
    Yes, I totally agree. But have you seen Viv around anywhere? I haven't seen her being used in any of my alliance teams or wars or bgs. I haven't seen her in battlegrounds for the past few seasons, not once and I'm in platinum right now. And I haven't even heard of anyone using her, have you? That just tells me she's very underwhelming and there's a reason why no one uses her, at least from what I can tell.
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    ATM she feels like a Corvus type champ, where her armor ups are synonymous with his charges. The main reason I don’t use Corvus is because of that long cooldown he has on his rotation. After playing around with Viv, she’s fun, but the waiting around for armor ups reminds me of Corvus.

I really like the “phasing gives back armor ups” idea, even though I doubt they will implement it that way. If anything they’ll just reduce the timer to 8 or 7 seconds.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Member Posts: 508 ★★★

Yes, I totally agree. But have you seen Viv around anywhere? I haven't seen her being used in any of my alliance teams or wars or bgs. I haven't seen her in battlegrounds for the past few seasons, not once and I'm in platinum right now. And I haven't even heard of anyone using her, have you? That just tells me she's very underwhelming and there's a reason why no one uses her, at least from what I can tell.

She's only just come out in the featured so yeah of course you haven't seen her for "the past few seasons". She's been used a lot in bgs and t1 wars from what I've seen but eveyones experience will differ.

I'd definitely like a tune up in the same way mantis is getting one, she doesn't need it but if they adjust her so she's more accessible out of bgs/aw fights then it can't hurt.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

You might not use her or your team might not use her but that's not a valid metric as to whether or not she's being used.

As other people have pointed out, she is still rather new, so the amount of people who would have her and the amount of people who use her are going to be considerably smaller at the moment but that doesn't mean that she is not a good champion. Viv was given solid reviews across the board from many of the top content creators, so maybe you're not utilizing the best strategies when playing her.

That being said, I have a six-star Viv that is currently on my defense. And I've been putting her on the armor up node to help take advantage of her glancing abilities.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★

Well she has recently become available in the pool, you should expect to see her more in BGs in coming seasons.
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 138
    To all those saying she is new; I've seen plenty of Kate bishops, zemos, and future ant mans in my opponents decks and they're all just as new.

Plus, Viv is perfect for this BG meta, passive heal block on MLLLM combos, phases on perry instead of stunning. She is perfect for this meta. But no one is using her.

I got her outta the featured 6*, I've taken her to rank 3. She's in my deck. After using her quite a bit and losing quite a lot with her even though she perfect for this meta; I can say without a doubt she needs a tune up.

To access her damage you gotta spend all your armor ups via the sp2 but then if you miss a perry half your health is gone to block damage.

And even with the extra damage on the sp1 when you have a bunch of solar changes isn't finishing the fights fast enough.

I've also tried starting with an sp3, then sp2. The fury on the sp3 is too weak with her current low damage. Fully ramped with a fury and 15 solar charges the sp1 still doesn't hit hard enough to finish the fights. That's 6 bars of power spent in a BG fight. Any other champ would have killed their opponent.

Viv needs a tune up. If she gets one she'll be great.

To all those saying she is new; I've seen plenty of Kate bishops, zemos, and future ant mans in my opponents decks and they're all just as new.

Plus, Viv is perfect for this BG meta, passive heal block on MLLLM combos, phases on perry instead of stunning. She is perfect for this meta. But no one is using her.

I got her outta the featured 6*, I've taken her to rank 3. She's in my deck. After using her quite a bit and losing quite a lot with her even though she perfect for this meta; I can say without a doubt she needs a tune up.

To access her damage you gotta spend all your armor ups via the sp2 but then if you miss a perry half your health is gone to block damage.

And even with the extra damage on the sp1 when you have a bunch of solar changes isn't finishing the fights fast enough.

I've also tried starting with an sp3, then sp2. The fury on the sp3 is too weak with her current low damage. Fully ramped with a fury and 15 solar charges the sp1 still doesn't hit hard enough to finish the fights. That's 6 bars of power spent in a BG fight. Any other champ would have killed their opponent.

Viv needs a tune up. If she gets one she'll be great.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more and this is exactly my point. Furthermore, she has pre-fight abilities that are completely locked so you can't even use her as she is intended to be used. I just don't understand why having a champion released without being able to use her correctly isn't a priority
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,054 ★★★★★
    Honestly just fixing her armor up and solar charge cooldown timer would make her more viable in questing. Also increase her stats because for a new champ, they are very low
  • Josh51700Josh51700 Member Posts: 88

Viv vision is a great character with great utility and awesome mechanics, it would be a shame to see her not being utilized as much because she doesnt perform as well as other characters in her class. Theres two issues with Viv Vision;

1. The base damage output and the armor is one of the lowest in the game.

2. After first consuming all of her armor into solar charges with the first sp2 it is nearly impossible to gain them back again after they are used for the sp1.

Suggestions;

To combat base attack rating:

Scale base attack, (M,L,HEAVY) only, opposite of armor. Ex. At her max armor of 16, her base attack is unaffected. Her base attack damage output scales up by, (x) amount, per armor lost in any way for a max of 16. Any amount of armor breaks on Viv Vision counters the equal number she would scale her base attack. (This mechanic would be great for Viv Vision as her base attack would rise significantly while she has 0 armor up buffs, but this would only be temporary as she is constantly regaining armor back).

To combat regaining armor, a few options:

When any of Viv visions armor is lost due to converting them into solar charges they are restored one at a time, each taking 5 seconds, otherwise this takes 10 seconds.

Each hit that makes contact with the opponent during Viv Visions phasing state, restores one armor up buff while below 16.

Each hit of Viv Visions heavy attack restores one armor up buff while below 16.
    I personally enjoy viv and I do have her as a rank 4. She’s really fun to play but her armor rating being low is crucial sometimes if you take some block damage. I also don’t like the fact you have one shot to get crazy damage than have to wait to ramp her back up again. She just needs a small tune up and she’ll be perfect
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Just make her actually viable at lower sig levels