Options

Top of leaderboards in BG

KeonexKeonex Posts: 303 ★★★
How can Kabam allow a known user that has exploited the game to he at the top?

Giving temporary bans are hurting this game, ots not enough punishment.

To allow them to collect rewards in other areas of the game is endorsing bad behavior

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 780 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Can't ban the people that keep your salary paid or your severs running. Cheating aside, those guys keep the game going. Tough situation all around but props to Kabam for even taking this stand.
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 527 ★★★

Can't ban the people that keep your salary paid or your severs running. Cheating aside, those guys keep the game going. Tough situation all around but props to Kabam for even taking this stand.

So basically the more you spend, the more you are free to cheat/exploit?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,808 Guardian

These modders are spending nothing on these accounts. Don't know why you think they're lining the pockets of kabam when they aren't spending anything.

The most likely reason why they're not banned yet is because kabam might not have sent out the ban wave yet since they typically do bans in waves.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,465 ★★★★
    Keonex said:

How can Kabam allow a known user that has exploited the game to he at the top?

Giving temporary bans are hurting this game, ots not enough punishment.

To allow them to collect rewards in other areas of the game is endorsing bad behavior

Honestly feel bad for folks like yourself but here's what's up: there's folks like you who just want to play the game, and there's folks who have their own game amongst themselves and the company that just so happens to intersect and conflict. Picture it like street racers cutting you off as they go 200mph on a side street. Sure you hope someone pulls them over but someone else will just pop up.
    And yes, modders keep score against other modders and may be known to complain on these very boards, which is rich.
  • Options

Not quite that. It's a symbiotic relationship. Servers cost money. Kabam has to pay salaries, taxes, healthcare costs, etc. Where does that money come from? There are no ads in the game. If Kabam made Sigil a requirement for everyone, would you play?

If you want to see things like this go away, the majority are going to have to pitch in. If Kabam wasn't so reliant on the whales, they'd probably have less incentive to treat them with kid gloves.

This is the stupidest thing I've read this week.
    You must not live in the real world then.
    They live in the real world. What you’re saying is just flat out wrong and conspiracy
    And what is the truth, my fair Guardian?
  • Options

Not quite that. It's a symbiotic relationship. Servers cost money. Kabam has to pay salaries, taxes, healthcare costs, etc. Where does that money come from? There are no ads in the game. If Kabam made Sigil a requirement for everyone, would you play?

If you want to see things like this go away, the majority are going to have to pitch in. If Kabam wasn't so reliant on the whales, they'd probably have less incentive to treat them with kid gloves.

They live in the real world. What you’re saying is just flat out wrong and conspiracy
    That they are constantly working to better detect and remove people who are cheating. There is no favoritism to people who spend or not. Also, most of the time people who cheat and mod are not using their own funds or funds at all. This is why the Christmas event and other events have changed is for that very reason. Modders and cheaters hardly put legitimate money into the game and spenders do not get any get out of jail free cards or easier punishments because they spend more.
  • Options

That they are constantly working to better detect and remove people who are cheating. There is no favoritism to people who spend or not. Also, most of the time people who cheat and mod are not using their own funds or funds at all. This is why the Christmas event and other events have changed is for that very reason. Modders and cheaters hardly put legitimate money into the game and spenders do not get any get out of jail free cards or easier punishments because they spend more.
    You expect anyone to believe this? Have you ever been responsible for cashflow in a company or been in management? Come on bro.

And read my initial post, I praised Kabam.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

What? Have you seen the Account in question? I'd like to know how they're keeping the lights on.
    It takes time for these things. They've made large improvements recently, but histrionics whenever someone is on the board isn't going to help the situation.
  • Options

What? Have you seen the Account in question? I'd like to know how they're keeping the lights on.
    It takes time for these things. They've made large improvements recently, but histrionics whenever someone is on the board isn't going to help the situation.
    OK, when all these top accounts are PERMANENTLY banned for their years of violating ToS, I'll apologize for my histrionics.
  • Options

Kabam is funded through Netmarble. MCOC is the 2nd strongest title under Netmarbles umbrella.

All that money coming in from other games is what pays for the costs at Kabam. Healthcare and all that is either through Netmarble or on their own.

Not like any of this matters because facts don't matter to you but everything here that you've said, is completely false.

Modders have no reason to spend money.
    Wow... I don't even know what to say to this. Kabam has no need to make any income because Netmarble gets money from their infinite money tree.

Got it.
  • Options

You expect anyone to believe this? Have you ever been responsible for cashflow in a company or been in management? Come on bro.

And read my initial post, I praised Kabam.
    Oh right, my bad. Because one place you worked at does this then all other places fallow suit. You got me. My bad.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,237 ★★★★★

Kabam is funded through Netmarble. MCOC is the 2nd strongest title under Netmarbles umbrella.

All that money coming in from other games is what pays for the costs at Kabam. Healthcare and all that is either through Netmarble or on their own.

Not like any of this matters because facts don't matter to you but everything here that you've said, is completely false.

Wow... I don't even know what to say to this. Kabam has no need to make any income because Netmarble gets money from their infinite money tree.

Got it.
    Kabam
    Doesn't
    Make
    Any
    Money
    Period

All sales goes to Netmarble. Netmarble in turn reinvests all their revenue to their games, including bills and whatnot. You obviously don't know how a business works or subsidiaries.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

Got it.
    Kabam
    Doesn't
    Make
    Any
    Money
    Period

All sales goes to Netmarble. Netmarble in turn reinvests all their revenue to their games, including bills and whatnot. You obviously don't know how a business works or subsidiaries.
    What? What happens if Kabam turned no profit from their games...? Of course they need to make money.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

These modders are spending nothing on these accounts. Don't know why you think they're lining the pockets of kabam when they aren't spending anything.

The most likely reason why they're not banned yet is because kabam might not have sent out the ban wave yet since they typically do bans in waves.
    Yeah but that's the wrong answer by kabam. So we as a player base have to lose to this account until the ban wave comes even though it's an obvious modder. Yeah that's not right.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Got it.
    Kabam
    Doesn't
    Make
    Any
    Money
    Period

This is the most nitpicky and asinine response I've seen on this sub. If your response is that Netmarble, ultimately, controls the purse strings so Kabam doesn't need to care about who spends money in the game, then I don't know how to help you.

I guess the game was totally free before Netmarble acquired Kabam too right? Wild.

There's no reasoning with conspiracy. Suspicion breeds suspicion. All we can do is hold onto our own sanity.

Your Kabam apologism is quite astounding. Even praising Kabam for taking a stand against cheating is not good enough for you lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Got it.
    Kabam
    Doesn't
    Make
    Any
    Money
    Period

This is the most nitpicky and asinine response I've seen on this sub. If your response is that Netmarble, ultimately, controls the purse strings so Kabam doesn't need to care about who spends money in the game, then I don't know how to help you.

I guess the game was totally free before Netmarble acquired Kabam too right? Wild.

There's no reasoning with conspiracy. Suspicion breeds suspicion. All we can do is hold onto our own sanity.

Your Kabam apologism is quite astounding. Even praising Kabam for taking a stand against cheating is not good enough for you lol.
    You can praise Kabam all you want. Won't change the many factually incorrect statements you made.
    What is non-factual? Kabam doesn't make any money? LOL.

What I said was conjecture based on Kabam's behavior. Are you a dev? Do they, hopefully, at least pay you for your apologism?

Like I said, those of us that actually play the game and knew (just by looking at profiles) who was botting will gladly look forward to the upcoming PERMANENT bans that you guys are sure are coming after 7+ years of playing this game. I still see Level 45 legends from the Incursions event in the game.
    Sean_Who said:

What? What happens if Kabam turned no profit from their games...? Of course they need to make money.

Not in these guys world.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★
    The biggest alliance in the game currently has half their players on the bench.

They either:
    1. Cheated their way to get those 5mill+ accounts
    2. Spent a lot of money to get 5mill+ accounts plus did some botting on the side to guarantee the featured champs

Given they were given 7 days bans, which of the above is more likely to true?
  • Options

They either:
    2. Spent a lot of money to get 5mill+ accounts plus did some botting on the side to guarantee the featured champs

Get out of here with you logic and common sense! What these people don't get, as the proudly proclaim that modders don't spend anything, that either way it's a lose-lose.

1. Either Kabam let them cheat their ways into massive accounts for years, or
    2. Kabam gave their biggest whales a rather large slap on the wrist.

A week suspension at the top of the game means your war season is screwed. Which is why I've been quite impressed with Kabam taking this step. They didn't have to do it so I think the community should temper our anger a bit and appreciate when Kabam takes a step in the right direction.

As far as the people who are spouting nonsense on this forum, they have already become memes across the community :smiley:
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★

They either:

Get out of here with you logic and common sense! What these people don't get, as the proudly proclaim that modders don't spend anything, that either way it's a lose-lose.

A week suspension at the top of the game means your war season is screwed. Which is why I've been quite impressed with Kabam taking this step. They didn't have to do it so I think the community should temper our anger a bit and appreciate when Kabam takes a step in the right direction.

As far as the people who are spouting nonsense on this forum, they have already become memes across the community :smiley:
    People using Mods aren't going to spend money. That much should be obvious to even the most bipartisan perspectives.
    You seem to be pushing some type of narrative about Kabam allowing people to cheat. Good luck with that.
    Are you suggesting that half of the players in the biggest alliance in the game got their purely by botting/modding and not spending a cent?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

They either:

People using Mods aren't going to spend money. That much should be obvious to even the most bipartisan perspectives.
    You seem to be pushing some type of narrative about Kabam allowing people to cheat. Good luck with that.
    Are you suggesting that half of the players in the biggest alliance in the game got their purely by botting/modding and not spending a cent?
    Never referenced the highest Alliance at all, really. I'm talking about the people running Mods in BGs. They're not about to spend money. That's why they're running a Mod with low Accounts.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,237 ★★★★★

They either:

The cheaters in the big alliances aren't normally the same ones that are cheating in BGs. Many of the high alliances are docked for piloting and merc'ing vs using mods or bots.