**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing the Summoner’s Market

Greetings Summoners!

We’d like to introduce you all to the official Marvel Contest of Champions web-based store, the Summoner’s Market!

The Summoner’s Market is a web-based version of the in-game store that you can access and make purchases on directly from our website at store.playcontestofchampions.com!

The Summoner’s Market allows Summoners to use a wider variety of payment options, independent of their App Store provider, and gives you special bonuses and options unavailable in-game!

You’ll be able to purchase the following:
  • Unit Bundles with BONUS UNITS! The Webstore is the greatest value for Unit bundle purchases.
  • A special Potion bundle that you can purchase once per week
  • Special Daily Offers exclusive to the Webstore!
And we’re just getting started! Keep an eye on the store for future updates and offers!

To access the store, you’ll need to ensure your account is linked to a Kabam ID. Use that information to login at store.playcontestofchampions.com and your purchases will show up in your Contest of Champions account.

If you need assistance in linking your Account to a Kabam ID, you can read our help article here: https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051698131-How-Do-I-Register-My-Account

If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it in-game, or use this link here: https://accounts.kabam.com/preference_center/request_reset_password

FAQ:

How do I get the items I’ve purchased?
After you’ve made a purchase on the store, you will receive your purchased items/resources in-game via an in-game message. If the items do not arrive right away, please restart your game.

What Currency are the Store’s prices listed in?
All items in the store are listed in USD. Please check with your payment provider if additional fees may apply for currency conversions.

Comments

• Options
    ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97

This sounds ominously close to what Epic Games did right before they got pulled from the apple app store. Do we need to be concerned about our ability to update the game later this month?

No, don’t worry about that. This system is allowable based on the ruling in the Epic v Apple case. Apple can still kick you off of their platform if you insert a competing store/commerce module into a game on their platform. But now links inside games to external store platforms such as this one are allowed without retaliation by Apple.
    Awesome. I hadn't seen the result of the suit yet. Maybe there's hope for some Epic games to be back on the app stores then
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    LJF said:

LJF said:

I was given a warning that my prior post remarking about how this store's offering revives for cash doesn't comport with the concern that spamming revives from farming Act 3 would break the game. So instead of that, I will ask a question that greatly concerns me.

When you nerfed the revive drop rates in Act 3, you explained in this post here why it was necessary to make the change. You stated:

This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do.

Without these changes, we risk having to cancel development on upcoming high difficulty content currently in the works.

So here's my question: if revive spamming creates what you call an existential threat to new content, why are you allowing players to spam revives by purchasing them with cash?

This topic has been done to death. It's simply because the limitation money puts while buying revives is far greater than the one time puts on farming revives in act 3.

Furthermore, the amount of players who spend thousands of bought units on revives is very less considering the fact that only 3% of the player even spends money.

The problem has never been that revives are available infinitely but the scale on which it is available. It was entirely possible for you to either spend money or arena grinded units for how much ever revives you needed to buy. But those that actually spend that much time to do it was very less compared to the general player base size.

But when a sizable chunk of the player base farms revives and bruteforces through the hardest content in game which was meant to be grinded through slowly withing a week, it becomes a problem.

They want to keep players in game, grind, and slowly finish content. Not farm infinite revives, knock the content out in a week and then not play much.

Those that are using whatever absurd amount of units you think they use to buy revives will still play and spend time in other avenues unlike the former set of players.

The difference between content like Abyss and EOP:A due to the existence of revive farm was very visible.

Anecdotally, i didn't bother with the best champs or best strategies.i took in some champs i knew would be good and bruteforces the F out of the content and I'm no slouch. So i know for a fact that players who wouldn't have been otherwise able to do the content have bruteforces through it using farmed revives.again, it's possible that there might have been people who spend money and did it but scale is important.
    It's fine if you believe money is limited in a sense (though I'm sure you recognize for many it isn't), but that's not what Kabam has said. They said spamming revives prevents them from designing high-level content. That's it, that's the problem they identified. Anyone can still spam revives for this content, they just need to use a credit card (or a gift card, whether acquired legitimately or not) instead of thumbs+time.

So you didn't address the crux of my question, which is how Kabam squares the apparent problem of game design with keeping the option of spamming revives on the table. If that's the real issue, why aren't they capping item use in a given quest? That's an easy solution to spamming revives. Do that and they can design all the endgame content they want.
    As I said, scale is what matters. If 1 player does it and if 50% of the player base does it is different..

As for why no hard caps because ultimately you should never be hard locked from a content. If by slowly grinding units or collecting revives or whatever, You should be able to do all content in game. That's a philosophy they've followed for all solo quests except for the champion boss(who also is not of that same philosophy).

You said for many money isn't a limit. But as far as the game and Kabam is concerned, that limit is sufficient. Who decides that? Kabam. You can't tell them that there are too many users spamming revives because they know what that number is that's acceptable
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike
    What's the restriction in the store? Do you intentionally ban any country/region from shopping?

Are you in Russia? I'm not positive but I thought I read something about them blocking Russia and maybe some other aligned countries along with some other companies who were doing it.
    Found what I was thinking of. I don't know if this is still in effect or if this explains your issue though.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/298915/questions-about-russia-belarus

• Options
    TillinatorTillinator Posts: 3

This happens when I try to log in. Is this my problem or Kabam?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

LJF said:

So here's my question: if revive spamming creates what you call an existential threat to new content, why are you allowing players to spam revives by purchasing them with cash?

This was asked at the time and they either completely missed the multiple posts about it, or they totally ignored it.

Although we all know the answer for it ...
    The message people failed to get isn't that revives specifically are trivializing content, it is how easily you could get those revives for free that trivialized it. I spent 10 days just putting my energy and leftover energy refills into 3.2.6 and got 120 revives which allowed me to beat all the Carina challenges Vol 3 for free within 4 days of it releasing. All it took was 10 days of preparation to beat a new endgame content.

Kabam would then have to do 1 of 2 things, balance each run around the 120 revives I was easily able to get, or remove that really easy source of revives. As you can imagine, they decided to follow through on the latter option.
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 57
    And what about Apple Pay? Ive already buy cards and recharge my account and its not working on this page