**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NOW It Is Done

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
Just a follow-up to my last Post. What a ride!
For context, I've never really pushed in BGs. I always did a few casual Matches to top up some 6* Crystals. This Season with the new Token layout, I decided to push as far as I could.
By far, the hardest Tiers were Diamond 2 and Diamond 1. I spent a great deal of time in D2.
I forfeited a number of Matches I knew I was beaten on, mostly when I had 0 Tokens because it was only a loss of Energy. Then I used Shields when I got one under.
In D1, I used Shields when I had at least 3 Tokens, and if I have any advice to give at all, I'd say have Units on-hand and Shield your way through until you advance.
Not bad for a first real effort.

Comments

• Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 475 ★★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

Congrats!

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Well done. See you in Arcane II soon?
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I grinded hard in season 2, then this season as well. Congrats! Getting a lil win streak going is one of the best MCOC feelings I’ve experienced this far. I always aim for 100 points in GC and then chill
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Well done, I've been sat in D1 for a while, it's pretty tough to get the 5 tokens needed.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Well done.

The new progression system is much better, a big win for the game.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. So far, the changes are good.
  • Options

Well done, I've been sat in D1 for a while, it's pretty tough to get the 5 tokens needed.

Depending on how many Units you have, what I did was I got to 3 Wins, then decided I would only enter Matchmaking if I had a Shield on. Grinded a bit, but my last Win only took one Shield.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Hopefully with rewards upgrades, you can get the final materials for paragon before july 4th unit offers.
  • Options
    ChiliDog said:

Hopefully with rewards upgrades, you can get the final materials for paragon before july 4th unit offers.

I could have bought them by now if I was that set on it. I'll get around to it soon enough I'm sure. I'm notorious for dragging my feet with Titles.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★

ChiliDog said:

I could have bought them by now if I was that set on it. I'll get around to it soon enough I'm sure. I'm notorious for dragging my feet with Titles.
    Have you made it through Act 7? That's where I'm dragging my feet I already have three R4s 😞
  • Options
    Snizzbar said:

ChiliDog said:

Have you made it through Act 7? That's where I'm dragging my feet I already have three R4s 😞
    No. That's what I always take my time with. I'm capable enough. I just have a habit of doing Story a little at a time. I'll have to dedicate some time to do more soon.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    Congrats!

I hit the same personal milestone for the first time today as well.

My experience was different than yours - it took me forever to get out of the lower levels - Gold in particular. Once I hit Platinum I really accelerated, and Diamond wasn’t bad. Used 4 shields on the total venture across all levels.

We’ll see if we both do as well next season!
  • Options

Congrats!

I hit the same personal milestone for the first time today as well.

My experience was different than yours - it took me forever to get out of the lower levels - Gold in particular. Once I hit Platinum I really accelerated, and Diamond wasn’t bad. Used 4 shields on the total venture across all levels.

We’ll see if we both do as well next season!

Thanks. Good job!
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

Snizzbar said:

ChiliDog said:

No. That's what I always take my time with. I'm capable enough. I just have a habit of doing Story a little at a time. I'll have to dedicate some time to do more soon.
    Story, at least 1 pass, is the one thing that I tell people is the last thing to drag feet on. I pushed guys with 3 times my skill to do story, that drug their feet with it...even them finishing act 6. In the end, it really makes everything much simpler. Many now have the champ requirements before the story progress, but I've been on the other end of it for TB and Paragon, which is annoying as can be. I started actively playing late 2019.

And yes, anyone that has passed act 6, is capable of doing a pass of act 7 and 8 story. I used 5* duped Ultron and stock 4 hr crystals for Sup Kang and I'm horrible and ultron made it much simpler.

My advice, it's time to break that bad habit tomorrow. mcocnoob is waiting for you.

This isn't advice just for you, but anyone else procrastinating on story as well. 1 pass, dig in.
  • Options
    ChiliDog said:

Snizzbar said:

ChiliDog said:

Story, at least 1 pass, is the one thing that I tell people is the last thing to drag feet on. I pushed guys with 3 times my skill to do story, that drug their feet with it...even them finishing act 6. In the end, it really makes everything much simpler. Many now have the champ requirements before the story progress, but I've been on the other end of it for TB and Paragon, which is annoying as can be. I started actively playing late 2019.

And yes, anyone that has passed act 6, is capable of doing a pass of act 7 and 8 story. I used 5* duped Ultron and stock 4 hr crystals for Sup Kang and I'm horrible and ultron made it much simpler.

My advice, it's time to break that bad habit tomorrow. mcocnoob is waiting for you.

This isn't advice just for you, but anyone else procrastinating on story as well. 1 pass, dig in.
    Thanks for the encouragement. :)