**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parried after parrying.

SKK65SKK65 Posts: 481
edited November 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
This bug is annoying. 99% of the time when I parry and go for an attack while the AI is parried, they parry me back. This bug cost me A LOT of points in arena!, and to pour salt on the open wound, you can't parry back the AI after they parry. I already tried. >:(

Comments

• Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I'm assuming this is happening in arena and AW attack where you are playing against other players' champs who have their masteries enabled (like limber). Standard AI does not have the parry mastery, unless the node enables it as a boost.

When you parry another players' champ, you need to watch their stun timer. If it expires quickly then the AI can parry right away. Champs that can reduce the stun duration are always able to do it (like AV, Xbones, King Groot, Groot, and Rogue) so long as they have parry.

Additionally, some nodes have a limber boost that reduce the stun by 0.1 each time they are stunned, so eventually they become stun-immune.
  • Options
    ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    It’s happening far too frequent to me in arena ... seems like only opponent has parry and I don’t ... so much for 8 hour maintenance.. wel I’m not surprised
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Max your stupefy mastery, should fix it
  • Options
    OndZOndZ Posts: 75
    Not only parry - my starlord started L2 special. First hit enemy DD and then shot from element gun. And DD evaded... Great...
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Dd evades projectiles, that's his sig ability, even part way through a special
  • Options
    Even when is he hit by the first part of that special?
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited November 2017
    This is nothing new. Some fights I don't get a single hit in, everything I do gets parried

And it's not limited to certain characters, stun timers are just long enough to move, but not to contact
  • Options
    That probably means your opponent in arena has maxed Limber. It happens to me too. Also like someone else mentioned, certain champs recover almost immediately so it's for sure not uncommon to happen. I have Limber maxed out so occasionally it turns into a Parry war. I've gone back and forth 4x each. I find it hilarious to be honest when that occurs. But in general it can be frustrating.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Champs that can reduce the stun duration are always able to do it (like AV, Xbones, King Groot, Groot, and Rogue) so long as they have parry.

Additionally, some nodes have a limber boost that reduce the stun by 0.1 each time they are stunned, so eventually they become stun-immune.

This.
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Dd evades projectiles, that's his sig ability, even part way through a special

And this.

Max out Parry and Stupefy masteries.

Take time to learn about the abilities of all champs in the game so that you know not to try and use Star Lord's special 2 against a champ like an awakened Daredevil or so you know not to use an energy based champ like Doc Strange vs Ultron.

Make sure you're checking out the nodes that are boosting your opponent in AW.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Well, mine Parry and Stupefy are maxed, those DD (i am almost 100% sure) was not awakened.
    But anyway - lets say he was.

I have another parry question. I noticed that only at Drax. His first attack (i guess its medium attack) consist of two hits (each hand with sabre). There are fights i can parry both of them and there are fights i parry only one of them (dunno if first or second).

Is this working as intended? He is parried on his very first hit, how he can be parried on the second one again? Hope you understand me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,246 ★★★★★
    It happens often. I've had Fights that were Parry Wars. Lol. Back and forth. The AI has some pretty amped RNG in the Infinite. Most annoying is when they Parry/Resist at the same time. It's not a bug, though. Just a combination of the AI and Masteries of the opponent.
  • Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Max your Parry and Stupefy masteries!