Battlegrounds Points Not Calculating Correctly

13»

Comments

• Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 785 ★★★★
    A couple questions:

1.Has the team confirmed it’s acting consistently for all players and everyone will end up short in the long run?

2. I was 800 points ahead of where I should have been at one point. If some people end up with more points than they should have when the event ends will those be taken away from the alliance when the points are recalculated?

3. How is an alliance supposed to know when they’ve hit their target milestone? The points seem random from the small sample reported here so there’s no way to know what your alliance’s true score is. It seems like they’ll still have to spend extra elders marks to make up for missing points now and make sure they hit the milestone.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

Here with the update from the game team!

The plan is as follows:
    When the Battlegrounds season ends, the backend team will pull the data for the missing Alliance Event points and add them to all accounts. This will trigger any additional milestones and allow Summoners to claim those rewards.

Timeline wise, this will take place in the same space we reserve for combing the leaderboards and banning cheaters AND it won't require additional time to send out in-game messages - hooray!

Thanks again for your patience, everyone!

How does this solve the issue of wasting Elder Marks to actually reach the milestones?...
    It solves the issue of calculating points for ranking but not the fact that we gotta use more resources to actually score milestones...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

The plan is as follows:
    When the Battlegrounds season ends, the backend team will pull the data for the missing Alliance Event points and add them to all accounts. This will trigger any additional milestones and allow Summoners to claim those rewards.

Timeline wise, this will take place in the same space we reserve for combing the leaderboards and banning cheaters AND it won't require additional time to send out in-game messages - hooray!

How does this solve the issue of wasting Elder Marks to actually reach the milestones?...
    It solves the issue of calculating points for ranking but not the fact that we gotta use more resources to actually score milestones...
    "This will trigger any additional milestones and allow summoners to claim those rewards."
    edited July 2023

Coppin said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

The plan is as follows:

"This will trigger any additional milestones and allow summoners to claim those rewards."
    Not if u reach them already...that's why i said waste...
    If a recipe asks for 12 eggs.. and u buy 2 packs of 6; but when you open them you realize at home they only bring 5... You will have to go back to the store and buy more...
    Kabam is telling me hey we will give u the 2 missing eggs after you cooked your meal and ate it...
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 785 ★★★★

The problem is the points aren’t calculating consistently so you have no way of knowing if you’ll hit your target milestone when they recalculate. The only way to know is to hit it while the event is active and that means spending more elder marks than should be necessary.
    edited July 2023
    They could send elder marks to compensate this issue...
    I want to grind 400k points right now, not get 450k later at end of the season, and actually I am buying the chance to get 7350 or 2600 points...
    I am spending more marks than I should
  • IkTesIkTes Member Posts: 7
    It`s an incredible problem! As this BG season is important, many players increased their activity fighting. So am I. But as I climb higher there are more and more losses in BGs. Yesterday I noticed that I do not receive ANY POINTS for losing matches. Today I rebooted my smartphone and tried again. Lost few fights using energy and elder marks and didn`t get a single point!!! both in solo and alliance events! And I don`t know how long this situation is going. So maybe I should have 230k points instead of 154k I have now. I don`t know. This is a super serious problem that must be solved BEFORE the season ends because, obviously, people don't know their actual score and don't know how much they need to grind.
    IkTes said:

It`s an incredible problem! As this BG season is important, many players increased their activity fighting. So am I. But as I climb higher there are more and more losses in BGs. Yesterday I noticed that I do not receive ANY POINTS for losing matches. Today I rebooted my smartphone and tried again. Lost few fights using energy and elder marks and didn`t get a single point!!! both in solo and alliance events! And I don`t know how long this situation is going. So maybe I should have 230k points instead of 154k I have now. I don`t know. This is a super serious problem that must be solved BEFORE the season ends because, obviously, people don't know their actual score and don't know how much they need to grind.

That's cause after losing you gotta let the timer run out, otherwise it counts as a forfeit... Total different issue
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

The team has been aware of this and discussing solutions over the last day and a half.

This process has taken a bit longer than anticipated, but we just wanted to let you know: the team is looking into this, and we'll update you when we have concrete plans.

Could've updated a day and a half earlier. Just saying
    Jaycray81 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

The team has been aware of this and discussing solutions over the last day and a half.

This process has taken a bit longer than anticipated, but we just wanted to let you know: the team is looking into this, and we'll update you when we have concrete plans.

Could've updated a day and a half earlier. Just saying
    They already came up with a solution and its not a solution at all..
    They will re calculate the points after the season is over.. meanwhile a lot of players are wasting more elder marks to hit the 400k min requirement set by most alliances.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 432 ★★★
    Coppin said:

IkTes said:

That's cause after losing you gotta let the timer run out, otherwise it counts as a forfeit... Total different issue
    This is a big issue and why I suggested adding close out button the end the screen. I know it's only 10 seconds after the match ended, but it shouldn't count as a forfeit if the match is already over. Strongly dislike the double coin screen at the end of matches too. Very redundant, especially after you have been waiting for the match to end, then the result screen, and then the double match results windows. Silly.
    Vanitelia said:

Coppin said:

IkTes said:

This is a big issue and why I suggested adding close out button the end the screen. I know it's only 10 seconds after the match ended, but it shouldn't count as a forfeit if the match is already over. Strongly dislike the double coin screen at the end of matches too. Very redundant, especially after you have been waiting for the match to end, then the result screen, and then the double match results windows. Silly.
    I agree, but it has nothing to do with the issue that elder mark matches are not being calculated right
  • IkTesIkTes Member Posts: 7
    Coppin said:

IkTes said:

OMFG. So you are telling me if I see a stacked whale with all new champs I need to spend time losing 2 rounds to get my points for losing? This is so BS and frustrating. oomg...
  • RealpgRealpg Member Posts: 41

yes, by a large margin:

Wonder why your points earned is different than my points earned.

I earn 2250 for using elder marks. I'm Paragon and been for months.
  • RealpgRealpg Member Posts: 41

• Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Realpg said:

yes, by a large margin:

You're looking at the individual event - alliance event scores differently
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,080 ★★★★★
    Is this an issue for solo, alliance, or both? As I trudge through the last 40,000 of my 400,000, I’m definitely not progressing in the solo the way I should.

I did 4 today - 2 losses with marks (4450) and 2 wins with energy (1500). Rather than 5950, I got 4875 in solo. I didn’t check alliance.
    IkTes said:

Coppin said:

IkTes said:

OMFG. So you are telling me if I see a stacked whale with all new champs I need to spend time losing 2 rounds to get my points for losing? This is so BS and frustrating. oomg...
    Yes
    Realpg said:

yes, by a large margin:

Points for Solo and Alliance are different.