What are your opinions on farming battlegrounds points in lower Victor Track tiers?

IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
The following is assuming an account that has a r4 deck (or almost all r4) that would get into gc within a week staying in lower VT brackets to try and win all elder mark matches.

In one perspective you are intentionally losing matches with energy to stay in that bracket and ensure a win with elder marks by beating up accounts that you assume aren't as skilled as you.

In another perspective you are losing twice as much as you win now with the medal restructure and pushing more players a bracket above by giving them a free win.

Comments

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    The game mode is not designed for it and you are manipulating the system in an unintended way. If it was possible kabaam wouldn't allow it. It's a Grey area but definitly a little shady. It's something Bill Bellichick would 100% do. That being said it is nowhere near as bad as legit players in tcn or other cheating alliances who knowingly benefit from the majority of their alliance cheating.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★

The game mode is not designed for it and you are manipulating the system in an unintended way. If it was possible kabaam wouldn't allow it. It's a Grey area but definitly a little shady. It's something Bill Bellichick would 100% do. That being said it is nowhere near as bad as legit players in tcn or other cheating alliances who knowingly benefit from the majority of their alliance cheating.

True, it's a moral grey ground imo. Still not sure if I will do it because I got a lot of points playing normally last season but the bar is set higher this season because no aw and whales will spend on marks.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★

The following is assuming an account that has a r4 deck (or almost all r4) that would get into gc within a week staying in lower VT brackets to try and win all elder mark matches.

In one perspective you are intentionally losing matches with energy to stay in that bracket and ensure a win with elder marks by beating up accounts that you assume aren't as skilled as you.

In another perspective you are losing twice as much as you win now with the medal restructure and pushing more players a bracket above by giving them a free win.

this method was applicable in the beta, like intentionally losing a match to be queued later on with easier match ups but now I don't think it works
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    Painfully slow...
    Thought about it, but gave up on the idea.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    IMO, with the matchmaking it's not worth the time as you're not going to be getting easy matches.

It might work in Plat 2 when the matches are random though.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★
    I just play every 2 days for the objectives using elder marks until I close the event. Then I'll just use energy afterwards.

It just so happens that in the last week, scaling up in VT is very easy because everyone else went ahead and played more than the minimum for the objectives.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I couldn't care less. They lose, I win.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    I've done it right before I hit glad circuit before. Just winning till I'm 1 away and santa bagging back down to 0