**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

People tanking in battlegrounds

Just fought a guy in battlegrounds who's whole team was all 2*'s. I guess it's not technically cheating because he's not gaining an advantage. I just find it annoying. I want to win, but this just is wrong in the spirit of competition. I guess kabam can't really tell you who you use in battlegrounds. I'm just in here to express my displeasure with this tactic.

Comments

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,758 ★★★
    Why r ppl doing this (using weak teams)???
  • Options
    auburnpeasauburnpeas Posts: 19
    Pikolu said:

doctorb said:

Get free points for losing and then use a strong team to win for free points. This is a preferred method for getting points amongst many because people don't want to fight other paragons in GC for those 400k points.
    Makes sense.
  • Options
    Go_To said:

I'm guessing it's a way to express their displeasure with kabam as far as not liking battlegrounds and/or the way it works.

Nope not at all. They’re doing it to stay in the lower ranks in the VT to get easier matchups and thus more points.
    Yeah I get that now. Not the best sportsmanship, but I guess "to each his own".
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Currently, I’m using all 4*s just to tank at the lowest possible levels. I’m not a BGs player at all. But I have to put up points for the ally. Eventually I’ll make a serious run, but for now I just get the small points for participation, while giving away wins.

Why 4*s though? Cause my actual roster might get some folks to just quit. And it makes the fights go way faster on their end. And it’s not as insulting as 2*s.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,577 ★★★★★
    Wish I could come across one
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,010 Guardian

Pikolu said:

doctorb said:

Get free points for losing and then use a strong team to win for free points. This is a preferred method for getting points amongst many because people don't want to fight other paragons in GC for those 400k points.
    But why? The point you get for completing a match is pitiful. It's much better to just forfeit
    Definitely won't argue that it is much better to forfeit, I'm just explaining what that specific person is doing.

Another reason they might do that is so the opponent doesn't instantly forfeit before they do because that could push them up a tier
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★

The rewards system incentivises this behaviour. For those looking at 400k they can either
    * Tough it out with the big fish
    * Let the minnows chew on em and take the occasional bite

The second option is easier. Ideally event points would be awared when you move up tiers but that stops the revenue from Elder's Marks.

That's going to stop next Season either way. The seeding system is being implemented.
    It's worth noting that the system doesn't incentivize anything but spending Elder's Marks, and earning more Points for a win. People come up with their own methods of manipulation.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    It's also funny how people wouldn't bother doing it in the GC. Only in the VT, when they know there are weaker Players and no Rank Rewards.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

It's also funny how people wouldn't bother doing it in the GC. Only in the VT, when they know there are weaker Players and no Rank Rewards.

I don't blame them tbh, elder marks are purchased for the most part, you need to use elder marks to get the points required for this month, meaning those who didn't have any marks or very little marks has to spend units/money on them to get the most of this 1 off month of BGs. If they did it normally, as in progressing at their abilities then they would lose a lot of elder marks from.their losses, staying in VT to.maximise their points saves on said marks for another month. Its not like we have an endless supply of them so I can fully understand why people are doing it, I'm not doing it but for those who don't usually play the mode or play it very casually, I understand
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,203 ★★★★
    That is like saying, "I fully understand why people are using 3rd party software." Cheating is cheating and there is way too much of it all across this game.
  • Options

The rewards system incentivises this behaviour. For those looking at 400k they can either
    * Tough it out with the big fish
    * Let the minnows chew on em and take the occasional bite

The second option is easier. Ideally event points would be awared when you move up tiers but that stops the revenue from Elder's Marks.

That's going to stop next Season either way. The seeding system is being implemented.
    It's worth noting that the system doesn't incentivize anything but spending Elder's Marks, and earning more Points for a win. People come up with their own methods of manipulation.

I'm happy to hear this news.
  • Options

This is not cheating at all. It seems that some summoner find it morally wrong while others find no problem with it. I don't find anything wrong with it myself since the BG system rewards are based on points and you get more points for winning. If you can find a work around to get more points for a system that provides a huge incentive for winning why and it's not against TOS why would you. "Work smarter and not harder" is a great saying and it applies to this situation perfectly. Not everyone is going to agree with me on this one but in life not everyone is going to agree with me everything (regilion, taste, likes, dislike, rules...etc.). That's the nature of having the ability to have difference opinions and belief. I haven't been lucky enough to get easy win like this yet, but I would be happy to get them and get my points. If you don't like it, then advance to GC, it should be easy with easy victories like this one.

I'd have to agree with you to a certain extent. Everybody has to choose what bothers their conscience, and in the big picture it is just a game, but in my experience I my life I've found that people ive met who take shortcuts in a game tend to be more likely to do the same in real life. Again I am not saying you do that since I have never met you personally. I respect your opinion and you have a right to it. Also I do understand how unfair games like this can be at times, and if someone feels they need an edge and it's not against the tos then they have a right to do it.