**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Arena issue (Post Update)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,561 ★★★★★
    Weso2252 said:

Can we vote to impeach Jax or Mike?

Seems that 8 yrs of being confused with no answers is the norm, not the exception.

Or

Are we not allowed free speech?
    Maybe delete the Constitution?

Some spend $ & others do not (like myself) because you cannot operate a game. Always broken, but take monetary funds.

Name one company who does this? Just one bc your roles are not conducted in the manner of which they should be conducted & under Marvel’s name is quite the feat.

Rather pathetic if you ask me or a miracle Marvel hasn’t wiped Kabam off the globe.

Shoulda stayed in Canada and NOT move to the 2nd most expensive city in the U.S.

Just a thought.

Layoffs vs. San Francisco? Hmmm….

The game doesn't function correctly so you want the people who don't even work on the game fired?
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Weso2252 said:

Seems that 8 yrs of being confused with no answers is the norm, not the exception.

Or

Some spend $ & others do not (like myself) because you cannot operate a game. Always broken, but take monetary funds.

Name one company who does this? Just one bc your roles are not conducted in the manner of which they should be conducted & under Marvel’s name is quite the feat.

Rather pathetic if you ask me or a miracle Marvel hasn’t wiped Kabam off the globe.

Shoulda stayed in Canada and NOT move to the 2nd most expensive city in the U.S.

Just a thought.

The game doesn't function correctly so you want the people who don't even work on the game fired?
    As much as I don't condone potentially taking away someone's livelihood, Someone needs firing or reprimanding, when a core game mechanics, the (controls and inputs) haven't been functioning correctly for coming on half a decade, someone abosolutely needs to go. We keep getting these awful responses of not being able to triangulate the issue. But that's not good enough in a game with this much money income, for a core issue to still be plaguing us 5 years on, and amateur bugs consistently creeping through week on week on week. The "team" isn't doing enough, and needs expanding.

Battlegrounds has issues every season, war has issues every season, cheaters are still rampant. Bugs with new characters and quests, characters being nerfed because new/old mechanic aren't properly tested. Like the root mechanic, come on now, are you telling me that never came up in testing with Zemo? There's been even worse and easier to spot bugs that should've been caught in the first test run, let alone making it to the final cut.

Pumping out these hugely expensive "offers" while the game is struggling and in a sorry state, but hey, I can't blame the company when people want to drop a grand a week on a game that isn't functioning the way it should. Basically free money.

War has big issues, so they put out a heavily BG focused season, only for BG to have severe week 1 issues, then we introduce the new AW matchmaker that you guessed it, bugged on release. Then we have a core functions of the sigil in Arena express bugging out arenas taking almost a week for a hotfix. All the while handing out 1250 mythic crystals, and allowing people to do an entire 5 path rift run. These are a lot of major issues to happen in a year, but this all happened in under a month, come on now.
  • Options
    vernondesousavernondesousa Posts: 21
    So Kabam announced they will give compensation (I'm grateful) however a little vague on the time line and no clarity if the compensation is simply for playing arena, for each arena, and also how many times? It lasted at least 1 week, with 2x arena cycles affected. So I do all 3 arenas. Does that equal 6x compensation?

The frustration 1 player gets and only plays 1 arena and leaves it after the bug vs me doing all 3 both times is more is it not?

@Kabam....any response or input?

I feel a blanket compensation for everyone is a little too easy. I am grateful it was acknowledged, but really not happy with "1 size fits all" compensation
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

So Kabam announced they will give compensation (I'm grateful) however a little vague on the time line and no clarity if the compensation is simply for playing arena, for each arena, and also how many times? It lasted at least 1 week, with 2x arena cycles affected. So I do all 3 arenas. Does that equal 6x compensation?

The frustration 1 player gets and only plays 1 arena and leaves it after the bug vs me doing all 3 both times is more is it not?

I feel a blanket compensation for everyone is a little too easy. I am grateful it was acknowledged, but really not happy with "1 size fits all" compensation

Its a blanket compensation.
    It was your choice to keep on playing a bugged mode.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Yes, to get the units, the main way for FTP to get anything.... It was NOT my choice to have the bugs....
  • Options
    Coppin said:

And is that your opinion or any info on that?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★
    Weso2252 said:

Or

Just a thought.

Kabam isn’t the government, you’re not guaranteed free speech.
  • Options

Greetings Summoners,

Yesterday, we released v40.1.1, a hotfix that addresses this Arena issue. If you have not downloaded that hotfix yet, we suggest doing so as soon as possible, and it should resolve your Arena issues.

Now that the issue is resolved, we can look at compensating for the lost time and resources.

The following packages will only be going out to Summoners that played in the Arenas and were affected by these issues between July 10th and July 17th, 2023.

200x Units
    50,000x Battlechips
    250,000x Gold

Sigil Subscribers will also receive an extension of their Sigil Subscription that will account for each day the bug was live before the fix went out, plus 3 extra days. That’s 8 Days, plus 3 for a total of 11 days.

We will work to get this out as soon as possible, but with other things happening right now, this may not happen until the beginning of August.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all again for your patience.

Would this be for each Arena played? And for each instance? This spanned 1 week and 2x arena cycles. So it's 6x Arenas I did in this time.

Thank you for any clarity
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,843 ★★★★★

The following packages will only be going out to Summoners that played in the Arenas and were affected by these issues between July 10th and July 17th, 2023.

What exactly do you mean "affected by these chances"? Surely you can't identify who exactly was or not affected, only whoever played the arena during that time.

So will it go out to everyone who played the arena during?
  • Options
    Bee2JayBee2Jay Posts: 108

Greetings Summoners,

Yesterday, we released v40.1.1, a hotfix that addresses this Arena issue. If you have not downloaded that hotfix yet, we suggest doing so as soon as possible, and it should resolve your Arena issues.

Now that the issue is resolved, we can look at compensating for the lost time and resources.

200x Units
    50,000x Battlechips
    250,000x Gold

Sigil Subscribers will also receive an extension of their Sigil Subscription that will account for each day the bug was live before the fix went out, plus 3 extra days. That’s 8 Days, plus 3 for a total of 11 days.

We will work to get this out as soon as possible, but with other things happening right now, this may not happen until the beginning of August.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all again for your patience.

aINT GETTING ANY OF THE REWARDS, SOME TELL ME HOW I CAN GET MINE COS I WAS SURE AFFECTED TOO
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Yes, to get the units, the main way for FTP to get anything.... It was NOT my choice to have the bugs....
    You think they choose to bug it?... You are F2P, they really don't owe you anything...
  • Options
    FmeFme Posts: 2
    It seems I'm not the only one. It seems I can only download 98% of update then it stops. How do we solve this?
  • Options
    Killdisplayed_Killdisplayed_ Posts: 26
    My game auto updated. No rewards.
  • Options
    chemical_90schemical_90s Posts: 22
    Still waiting for the compensation. Couldn't find any hot fix on play store, shows that last update was on 12 july and i am fully updated.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,986 Guardian

Still waiting for the compensation. Couldn't find any hot fix on play store, shows that last update was on 12 july and i am fully updated

According to the update posted earlier in this thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2340927/#Comment_2340927) compensation may take until early August to get sent out.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    Most sigils will expire before the compensation goes live. People who normally grind all milestones and got none will be out of pocket more than 50k chips and 250k gold from all the arena'ing done. But it's a step in the right direction, so that's something.
  • Options
    DeanDoomDeanDoom Posts: 48
    Deder80 said:

@Kabam Miike

Tell kabam thank you! Fighting in arenas was super frustrating with the bugs. The compensation is great and I’m grateful.

Did you get it already? I haven’t seen comp..
  • Options
    JK_47JK_47 Posts: 234 ★★
    Till now I haven't received any
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 433 ★★★★

Update for you all:

Those who had the Sigil, but it expired, you will still get the free Sigil Days.

We've also decided to extend the Compensation to go to anybody that played Arena in the week prior to this issue as well, in case you didn't play in the Arena because of these bugs.

Just to clarify, if we do not have an active Sigil when comp goes out, we will get the sigil for 7-8 days at that point? Or do we need to purchase the sigil again, and there will be an extension on the end date?
  • Options
    JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    But when will this compensation be sent?
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83

Update for you all:

Those who had the Sigil, but it expired, you will still get the free Sigil Days.

We've also decided to extend the Compensation to go to anybody that played Arena in the week prior to this issue as well, in case you didn't play in the Arena because of these bugs.

so when are we getting those extra days of Sigil ??