**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 121
    crogs said:

My alliance does 1 BG wars. Someone tried to add their defense and it bumped them to BG2!
    Why?

And why does the game even show the option for people to add defense to other Battlegroups?? Just dumb.

So if you pick your D and join BG2, then go to the bottom right, there's a selector letting you choose a different bg to place. Still doesn't solve the multiple bg thing when only trying to play one. This was one of the worst gaffs I've seen, and they don't seem to want to own up to it. Even support doesn't own up to it.
    With this you wouldn't change BG! You would just change the map difficulty.
  • Options
    DikyboDikybo Posts: 56

@Kabam Jax can you please advise if more officer friendly changes are going to be made to AW, i am tempted to just pull the plug and disable AW for my alliance. Its not off season and we have people taking up slots who have gone on holiday or switched off and there is nothing i can do. The new map means defenders also arent placed

We run 1 BG in off season and this new persistant placement is nothing but a headache for anyone but a 3 BG alliance with set defenders and placements. it is no use for casual BGs that swap regularly unless everyone is completely switched on and actively jumping in and out

The only solution i have is...didable AW or remove people from the alliance...that is a horrible situation to be in

I understand the benefit of the changes, to help during seasons but more needs to be added to give officers control so when people are being lazy they dont cost us wars/wins

Completely in the same boat, I’ve come to the forum to find out what is going on. Kabam what is the situation? Surely we should be able to remove members from war to switch people around. Currently we have inactive members blocking places in war for others.. great idea poorly executed
  • Options
    Kare26Kare26 Posts: 8
    I agree with all of you, the new war placements thing is terrible during off season if you only want to run 1 or 2 people wouldn’t leave the bgs, now it won’t let me change war tactics I really hate this new war situation. How do you change war tactics there’s no placement phase so when do we have the chance to change it?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Kare26Kare26 Posts: 8
    How do you get any answers here? I’m pissed I can’t change War tactics in
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Kare26 said:

I agree with all of you, the new war placements thing is terrible during off season if you only want to run 1 or 2 people wouldn’t leave the bgs, now it won’t let me change war tactics I really hate this new war situation. How do you change war tactics there’s no placement phase so when do we have the chance to change it?
    Thanks

You can change tactics any time. Your change will be effective during the next war (not the current one if one is in progress).

Click on this button:

Choose the desired defense tactic:

Keep in mind that Kabam said that Expert and Challenger maps will only have one tactic available to them this season, the new Sugar Pill tactic.

• Options
    DUGGERNAUTDUGGERNAUT Posts: 17
    It would be nice to set your masteries in Arena too
  • Options
    How do l get my defenders out of war. I havnt placed the last 3 wars but my defenders are still in there and l want them out. Don’t like this new war process l never know when war begins and ends. I’m tapped out
  • Options
    Light_StormLight_Storm Posts: 19
    Esteemed Colleagues,

Is there still no way to swap in and out different players for those Alliances who only run 2x BGs?

If I want to play five matches, how do I pull my defenders so another player in the alliance can get some war action?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★
    So Kabam is just going to ignore the terrible defensive mastery situation?
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 145
    We will get 0 answers from Kabam here. We're 12 pages deep already and this thing is over a month old.
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 145
    It might be better to consolidate all the issues still affecting AW and start a fresh discussion.
  • Options
    KickstartKickstart Posts: 3
    Are we going to do another entire season of AW before we get a response from Kabam? I wish I could say it was hard to believe we've gone this long without a response, but we all know how reliable Kabam is when it comes to answering the community...
  • Options
    Ioniqus_797Ioniqus_797 Posts: 117
    Is it some kind of visible bug in AW placement? Bgs list shows all players defenders, but we are missing several defenders on the map...
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★

Is it some kind of visible bug in AW placement? Bgs list shows all players defenders, but we are missing several defenders on the map...

At the beginning of the off-season, everyone's defenders got removed from the map since the map layouts changed. They're still assigned to the BG, just not assigned to nodes.

If you don't place them before the war starts up, everyone's assigned defenders be automatically placed on the map when attack phase starts. Not sure if the automatic placements are random or follow some other algorithm do determine where each defender gets placed.

Each member will need to go into placement and place their defenders somewhere on the map before officers will be able to move them around.
  • Options
    hungry_er1hungry_er1 Posts: 6
    Way to go kabam great notice that aw season has started with that very very late email n the enlistment doesn't work right fix ur God dam game
  • Options
    The persistent placement change is terrible with so much negative feedback. It’s now such a pain to manage as an Officer

Mods: we really need some feedback on this, please
  • Options
    Light_StormLight_Storm Posts: 19
    If only Kabam would provide the option to disable the persistent placement so that alliances can decide for themselves their best course of action.
  • Options
    Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 289
    edited October 2023
    We lost a 3 BG war after auto-enlisting for a 1 BG war, and that too on-season.

The issue is that the manual enlistment is auto-reverting to 3 BGs, even when set to 1 BG, ignoring the auto-enlistment. So now we're again having to manually enlist for 1 BG every war to avoid this issue recurring.

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,628 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Another issue with this new war system .

An alliance member only uploaded their defense on 1 map difficulty. When we moved up to the next difficulty, that person has no defense placed. This isn’t the issue….. What is a problem is that this person doesn’t have access to the 5 champs he placed on defense for a map that’s not in play. If you have 0 champs placed on defense, you should have full access to your entire roster.

• Options
    Was there ever an answer to this thread? We moved down from 3 BGs to 2 BGs in my alliance and now everyone trying to move to fill the first 2 BGs can’t after we have 8 in each. It says 8/10 in defense but no one else can add. Can join attack but not defense. Help…
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,628 ★★★★★
    Wow, thread is unstickied , has almost 30,000 views and over 350 posts….

And zero questions answered. Great job kabam