**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Is the Side Quest working as expected? [MERGED THREADS]

AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,803 ★★★★
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
Seems the side quest is not working as expected. With one token in SQ i expected to do one path.

When i complete one path, it asks for if i want to skip choice or swap champ. When i clicked on skip choice, it didn't allow me to reach the boss but shows which portal to go to.

I thought for a while and then selected another path. After that i completed all paths.

After completing last path, i selected swap champ to see what happens. I swapped a champ and it allowed me to go to the boss.

I was able to get all the rewards. And infact it gave me double of every box item though i completed each path only once.

I m pretty sure this is not what is expected so a responsible summoner i m reporting same. It is not exploitation as i haven't repeated same and one cannot go to the boss if they select skip node choice as options. Attaching screenshots for reference.

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    mariodevmariodev Posts: 6

There is a portal under the character selector that lets you go to any path you want.

So Global Chat says that this is supposed to be like that, but you guys know Global Chat.

While I myself don't think it should be like that, because that would mean stuff like seven 6* Awakening Gems per week, I need clarification whether thats correct.
  • Options
    mariodevmariodev Posts: 6
    I did in fact greed for additional 3~k 6* shards but left afterwards uncertain if thats okay
  • Options
    kobikobi Posts: 7
    Nope. They added a portal and choice node instead of just the choice node
  • Options
    ReptoidReptoid Posts: 41
    Just think if it is intended that you can grab the awakening gem every time, that should answer your question.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I didn't do that cause I was confused but I wish I did, would've loved more shards
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 915 ★★★★
    So turns out you can run through the entire rift and claim all the rewards, but I thought it was a bug and chose not to do so. But now I don't have the ag and shards everyone else has and I'm really confused. Will the option stay open for those who didn't exploit the bug?
  • Options
    On the node that allows us to change in a character, it is also a portal to every path. Is going down every path and getting all rewards (6* generic gem, etc) bannable? I am currently inside the quest on the AG path and I assume this is not intended. What am I supposed to be doing now?
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Taking advantage of a bug that allows you to obtain additional rewards can be a bannable offense. You’re only supposed to be able to clear one path per run. Hopefully they’ll fix this, along with the many other current bugs, very soon.
  • Options

Taking advantage of a bug that allows you to obtain additional rewards can be a bannable offense. You’re only supposed to be able to clear one path per run. Hopefully they’ll fix this, along with the many other current bugs, very soon.

Since I'm already in a second path already, I should just exit the quest and lose the rewards from my first entry, correct?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Since I'm already in a second path already, I should just exit the quest and lose the rewards from my first entry, correct?
    I'd just finish the quest. They're most likely just gonna take the AG out of your account and leave the rewards you would've originally gotten. If you really don't wanna risk the ban, leaving would be your best option. You could always submit a support ticket letting them know what happened and they'd possibly refund your entry
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Probably better to finish what you’ve started, but don’t repeat. It makes as much sense for you to lose out on rewards as it does for you to benefit off something not realizing it was a bug. But to repeat would be knowingly exploiting it which is where trouble might come in. I’d expect them to likely take back additional rewards you claimed after your initial path though.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,803 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Emilia90 said:

It’s obviously not lmao. You can claim all the path rewards and the AG when it’s supposed to be one path that you have a certain chance at getting. How anyone could think that this was intentional is beyond me

I m just kidding guys, not literally.
  • Options
    Those that did exploit the bug will probably (hopefully) have additional rewards they claimed taken back. It’s obviously a bug, there’s nothing worth risking here.
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    And I did all path at once without realizing it
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 225 ★★
    I did all paths but the "double" u mention is from solo objectives on top of the normal rewards.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Is the Portal Mastery solo event counting points as intended? I think I should have 3 points: one for completing the rift and the two nexus I got in the path, but I only have 2.
    EDIT: Nvm, confused the crystals with the rewards selector.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Is the Portal Mastery solo event counting points as intended? I think I should have 3 points: one for completing the rift and the two nexus I got in the path, but I only have 2.

The Nexus is the Inferno Nexus Crystal you get from the Energy Harvest event. Not the selectors on the paths. 2 is the correct amount
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Bug bug bug bug bug bug
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

The Nexus is the Inferno Nexus Crystal you get from the Energy Harvest event. Not the selectors on the paths. 2 is the correct amount
    Yeah I just realised my mistake. Thanks.
  • Options
    JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131

And I did all path at once without realizing it

Same, I just thought it was like the gauntlet :D
  • Options
    TimBollandTimBolland Posts: 1

No this is not intended and we are working to address this as soon as we can.

Hey Miike, I went through Side Quest and did not use the unintended teleporter, but on my first attempt I landed on path E normally. Is there a chance I am caught in the crossfire of whatever is done about the fact that people were able to grab the AG and all other rewards?