How are Alliance BG Rewards Fair in Any Capacity?

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

You are falling behind by choice

Yeah because Im not spending 1000s of dollars every event. Im not elon musk
    No, because you decide not to hazzle..
    Well simple question then..
    Lets say your wish is granted... Lets say the 400k grind + the 12 mill grind would give you mats for 2 r5s...
    Don't you think the whales will have access to that too? How is having 2 r5s gonna give a chance to compete against someone with 8 r5s and 3 7*r2s? 🤣
    Its all excuses... Do the grinds, put in the work, don't blame the economy.,..
    Your math its nonsense from the moment that you use minimum wage of 7.5...
    The game is not only played in your area... minimum wage in California is 15.. would cut your whole mumbo jumbo calculations in half.
  • PotatoGodPotatoGod Member Posts: 93
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Lets say your wish is granted... Lets say the 400k grind + the 12 mill grind would give you mats for 2 r5s...
    Don't you think the whales will have access to that too? How is having 2 r5s gonna give a chance to compete against someone with 8 r5s and 3 7*r2s? 🤣
    Is english not your first language. I apologize if not but if it is please, reading is not difficult, the word if is not difficult, hypotheticals are not difficult. You are pulling these 'gotcha moments' out of nowhere and expecting them to work.

But yes 2 r5s would be much more helpful. If both of them are defenders my opponent is going to have to fight a similar leveled opponent 2/3 rounds. If they are both attackers then the opponent is going to have be more strategic about who they choose as defenders. The difference is my opponents would be dealing with something different and more on their level where as I will be fighting the same thing I have
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Is english not your first language. I apologize if not but if it is please, reading is not difficult, the word if is not difficult, hypotheticals are not difficult. You are pulling these 'gotcha moments' out of nowhere and expecting them to work.

But yes 2 r5s would be much more helpful. If both of them are defenders my opponent is going to have to fight a similar leveled opponent 2/3 rounds. If they are both attackers then the opponent is going to have be more strategic about who they choose as defenders. The difference is my opponents would be dealing with something different and more on their level where as I will be fighting the same thing I have
    They would probably look at your account and ban your 2 r5s just to piss u off
    Coppin said:

The game is not only played in your area... minimum wage in California is 15.. would cut your whole mumbo jumbo calculations in half.

The Us isn't limited to just California and even then it would severely boost my point as you be spending half the amount of time at work than on bgs giving you more rewards.

Also please show me where I made a mistake. Where my math is wrong. Throwing these random baseless accusations out means you have no idea what you're talking about especially if you don't have a counter to them. Just saying nuh uh is funny on the internet but makes you look bad in an argument
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

They would probably look at your account and ban your 2 r5s just to piss u off
    And? That gives me more champs to use and I can rank up more strategically if I know the 2/3 champs they are going to ban. Also people only do that if you're top champs are difficult to deal with. I have had these whales ban my r2s because they didn't have enough/reliable counters
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

The Us isn't limited to just California and even then it would severely boost my point as you be spending half the amount of time at work than on bgs giving you more rewards.

Also please show me where I made a mistake. Where my math is wrong. Throwing these random baseless accusations out means you have no idea what you're talking about especially if you don't have a counter to them. Just saying nuh uh is funny on the internet but makes you look bad in an argument
    Because 4th of July is a special event, a SPECIAL SALE, and you can't use the bonus items to reflect rewards...
    The way you express yourself I can tell you don't even have 1 R5 (No shame on that), there is 1 for free in EoP challenges... Put the work and go get it
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Because 4th of July is a special event, a SPECIAL SALE, and you can't use the bonus items to reflect rewards...
    The way you express yourself I can tell you don't even have 1 R5 (No shame on that), there is 1 for free in EoP challenges... Put the work and go get it
    "For free" Lmao. Do you know how people did eop? Act 3 revive farming, which is out of the game. Even extremely good players have to use them. Now that that's patched I would have to put in weeks of farming elsewhere affecting my regular gameplay. Even if that wasn't bad enough I would have to make dozens of unnecessary rank up on champs, some of which I don't have.
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

"For free" Lmao. Do you know how people did eop? Act 3 revive farming, which is out of the game. Even extremely good players have to use them. Now that that's patched I would have to put in weeks of farming elsewhere affecting my regular gameplay. Even if that wasn't bad enough I would have to make dozens of unnecessary rank up on champs, some of which I don't have.
    U got no idea how entitled you sound...
    Give me more and better rewards cause other players are buying better stuff...
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Ok? If you think I sound entitled because I'm not rich like that and want to be able to play the game I enjoy somewhat fairly then ok sure Im entitled. I never said give these rewards out for free or as "compensation" I want to work for these rewards but I want the chance to. Idc if other people spend to get rewards its just annoying that its happening at the expense of other players like me.

Also this has no correlation whatsoever to the message I replied to you with . . .
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    I've typed a response several times, and I keep deleting. The only thing coming up is "Huh?".
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Ok? If you think I sound entitled because I'm not rich like that and want to be able to play the game I enjoy somewhat fairly then ok sure Im entitled. I never said give these rewards out for free or as "compensation" I want to work for these rewards but I want the chance to. Idc if other people spend to get rewards its just annoying that its happening at the expense of other players like me.

Also this has no correlation whatsoever to the message I replied to you with . . .
    It actually does.. you admit having a short roster, having to invest to be able to do some content... Going into BGs with r2s... 2 R5s is not gonna change your world or your competitivity.
    Having 30 r4s will make you more competitive than having 2 r5s... You just don't realize that..

I've typed a response several times, and I keep deleting. The only thing coming up is "Huh?".

TLDR: Spending your time at a minimum wage job (In the Us) will get you better rewards for time spent than battlegrounds
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

It actually does.. you admit having a short roster, having to invest to be able to do some content... Going into BGs with r2s... 2 R5s is not gonna change your world or your competitivity.
    Having 30 r4s will make you more competitive than having 2 r5s... You just don't realize that..
    It will. And again dk why you're still using this 2r5 when I specifically said that IF

Defintion of if: (introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that

IF 2r5s would be given out over 1/3 of a r5 the July sales would still be insane.

The only problem being the milestones don't even get you a r4
    No, it would be insane for YOU cause you got 0, not for the whale who has 3 or 4
    Coppin said:

No, it would be insane for YOU cause you got 0, not for the whale who has 3 or 4

Bro what? An extra 4 r5s is still insanely much even for a lot of whales . . .
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

4 r5s lose a lot of value if there is 1 out there for free
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Then why were the July 4th deals so "great" in your words? You're the one that said I could go get a r5 for free, that means they could've too. Why were the deals so good then?
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

This just shows how little you're thinking during this argument lmao
  • Celil8888Celil8888 Member Posts: 2
    The debate against the advantage of spenders vs f2p is so silly. Of course there’s going to be a gap between two groups! Spenders will accelerate ahead, it’s just how it works with the options provided.
    If you’re farming your own potatoes in your garden and you have to wait a couple months till you can eat them, you can’t get upset about the person who goes to the grocery store and gets to eat mashed potatoes for dinner the same day lol.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    PotatoGod said:

No game experience is not the only thing you can get out of a game. People make livings off of playing games. To say that someone like Seatin isn't making a livable wage off of content creation is just absurd.

Neither Seatin nor any other content creator gets anything but a game experience for their time playing the game, particularly from Kabam. Seatin is a YouTube content creator (among other things) and makes a living making YouTube videos (again, among other things).

You can certainly parlay your knowledge and experience playing the game into revenue, but only by convincing other people to pay for your content. But that’s not directly getting paid for playing, and especially within the context of the post you’re responding to that doesn’t imply any transfer of value for your time playing the game. Anyone can say “I’ll give you a thousand dollars to watch you play MCOC” but that doesn’t mean your playing time have value that *Kabam* must honor or acknowledge.

People pay me to write, so technically my writing time has value. That doesn’t mean I get to charge you for my time writing this post. Finding someone willing to pay you to play MCOC doesn’t mean Kabam owes you anything for your playing time.

If you disagree then a) according to the game’s TOS you are in violation of the terms of service of the game and technically guilty of theft of service and b) please provide a suitable mailing address for my bill.

PotatoGod said:

TLDR: Spending your time at a minimum wage job (In the Us) will get you better rewards for time spent than battlegrounds
    I for one am not shocked that working is more financially rewarding than playing a game.

I measure the output of my games in how much I enjoy them, how much fun I get out of them. Rather than working out a cost/hour

If you want to do that, be my guest, but it’s not a good indicator of value in games. Games are not meant to be equivalent to minimum wage in any way. You don’t have a contract with kabam, you aren’t owed anything by kabam. You spend your time because you enjoy it
    The problem is is that it get increasingly harder to enjoy the game when someone who doesn't play it get better rewards than you. I want it to be less of a split and have it be more fair so that f2p can at least try to compete. It also becomes less fun due to the amount of losses you have to endure because of that gap.
    Celil8888 said:

The debate against the advantage of spenders vs f2p is so silly. Of course there’s going to be a gap between two groups! Spenders will accelerate ahead, it’s just how it works with the options provided.
    If you’re farming your own potatoes in your garden and you have to wait a couple months till you can eat them, you can’t get upset about the person who goes to the grocery store and gets to eat mashed potatoes for dinner the same day lol.

But it doesn't have to be like this. We can have pay to win players still at the top and having advantages over f2p without it becoming impossible for FTP players to compete and enjoy the game.

Games like Fortnite have even gone and made competing in their games completely free and spending being an option rather than a necessity to compete.

If Kabam wanted to make more money they should just continue to monetize cosmetics like emotes rather than giving rich people advantages
  • ShibbyMcDudeShibbyMcDude Member Posts: 35
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You don’t want to do EoP because you have to rank champ you don’t want to rank? I understand you can’t rank champs you don’t have. Revive farming is gone (gladly), but it’s still very easy to get revives due the event milestones and revive quest. I am still overflowing on revives nonstop, without spending. So IF you would want, you could do EoP for free easily. You decide not to do it, that is your fair choice.

The rankups for EoP are not unnecessary, because they will reward your first r5. And the revive farming ain’t bad: just make sure you finish the daily event (mostly due to very limited playtime) and you will be full of revives in no time.

I’m reading the whole thread and you are making quite some contradicting points.

I do hope you still have fun in the game though, that is the most important in a video game. Don’t see it as work, if you are in that boat, it’s better to quit the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

I for one am not shocked that working is more financially rewarding than playing a game.

I measure the output of my games in how much I enjoy them, how much fun I get out of them. Rather than working out a cost/hour

If you want to do that, be my guest, but it’s not a good indicator of value in games. Games are not meant to be equivalent to minimum wage in any way. You don’t have a contract with kabam, you aren’t owed anything by kabam. You spend your time because you enjoy it
    The problem is is that it get increasingly harder to enjoy the game when someone who doesn't play it get better rewards than you. I want it to be less of a split and have it be more fair so that f2p can at least try to compete. It also becomes less fun due to the amount of losses you have to endure because of that gap.
    That’s ultimately your decision, but it still remains true that you can’t compare it to a minimum wage job and expect to have a wildly relevant point I’m afraid.
    DNA3000 said:

PotatoGod said:

No game experience is not the only thing you can get out of a game. People make livings off of playing games. To say that someone like Seatin isn't making a livable wage off of content creation is just absurd.

Neither Seatin nor any other content creator gets anything but a game experience for their time playing the game, particularly from Kabam. Seatin is a YouTube content creator (among other things) and makes a living making YouTube videos (again, among other things).

You can certainly parlay your knowledge and experience playing the game into revenue, but only by convincing other people to pay for your content. But that’s not directly getting paid for playing, and especially within the context of the post you’re responding to that doesn’t imply any transfer of value for your time playing the game. Anyone can say “I’ll give you a thousand dollars to watch you play MCOC” but that doesn’t mean your playing time have value that *Kabam* must honor or acknowledge.

People pay me to write, so technically my writing time has value. That doesn’t mean I get to charge you for my time writing this post. Finding someone willing to pay you to play MCOC doesn’t mean Kabam owes you anything for your playing time.

If you disagree then a) according to the game’s TOS you are in violation of the terms of service of the game and technically guilty of theft of service and b) please provide a suitable mailing address for my bill.
    I never said or implied that Kabam was paying Seatin. You don't have to be directly paid by a company to be able to profit off of it and Kabam knows that, not to mention getting these types of profits directly helps you be more in touch with kabam and more in control of the game with things like the Beta, the closed discord, and getting invites to things like Karate Mike being on the deep dives every month and getting invited to Vancouver, Lagacy getting invited to show off Eop, and many other creators invited to help with champion designs.

Ik kabam doesn't have to value me for my time but that was the point of the post. The game has almost reached the point where spending isn't the alternative option to playing but the only option to play. This will be bad for Kabam in the long run as they will have to figure out how to deal with masses of players leaving.

People are soon going to realize that not playing the game gets you farther than actually trying to play. You can think what you want but if Kabam isn't going to reward the playerbase for their time and efforts then they are going to leave, its as simple as that. There was a reason why I quit the first time and the only thing that brought me back was battlegrounds and seeing these new creators.

PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

That’s ultimately your decision, but it still remains true that you can’t compare it to a minimum wage job and expect to have a wildly relevant point I’m afraid.
    Its not about playing the game vs working a minimum wage job its about grinding the game for rewards vs not playing for rewards. The minimum wage job was just an example of why its bad
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

Its not about playing the game vs working a minimum wage job its about grinding the game for rewards vs not playing for rewards. The minimum wage job was just an example of why its bad
    I’m saying it’s a bad example. And there will always be ways to grind the game and ways to spend. It’s why we still have a game.

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You don’t want to do EoP because you have to rank champ you don’t want to rank? I understand you can’t rank champs you don’t have. Revive farming is gone (gladly), but it’s still very easy to get revives due the event milestones and revive quest. I am still overflowing on revives nonstop, without spending. So IF you would want, you could do EoP for free easily. You decide not to do it, that is your fair choice.

The rankups for EoP are not unnecessary, because they will reward your first r5. And the revive farming ain’t bad: just make sure you finish the daily event (mostly due to very limited playtime) and you will be full of revives in no time.

I’m reading the whole thread and you are making quite some contradicting points.

I do hope you still have fun in the game though, that is the most important in a video game. Don’t see it as work, if you are in that boat, it’s better to quit the game.
    I am trying to have fun but it is difficult as a very competitive person being told that the amount of time I spend becoming better than these players is meaningless to Kabam because they just want daddy's money.

Sure I can still get revives but Im spending a lot of energy finishing up act 8.2 for the rank up resources and I am finding that I have to use my refills and revives there rather than on something like eop. Most people spent 40 per run to get that r5 gem. I barely have the resources to rank up the needed champions for each challenge.

Also contradictions, if you're not going to tell me where Im just going to ignore it. Im not going to go through the entire thread again and guess what you mean by contradictions. I get that Im not perfect and that I make mistakes but if I didn't catch and fix it the first time I am most likely not going to find it on a second run.