Dual track 7 day boost

2»

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    What happens with extra days purchased via boosters? Do you actually get the full amount of extra days in Platinum if you buy all boosters? Asking because I’ve seen screenshots that suggest the Platinum track tops out at day 42.

Dr. Zola
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,744 ★★★★★
    Jaymix79 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I can't speak to how similar events have run in the past, but what you're experiencing is intentional.

The boosts allow you to claim Platinum Track rewards immediately, but the Gold Track rewards are to be claimed daily. Rest assured you'll still have access to them, you'll just have to wait out the timer you'll see when you tap the red lock icon.

Hope this helps!

Event is advertised as purchasing unlocks both. Time to unlock both tracks

It also says that though they are achieved early they are still time locked. So they communicated that the event changed, they just didn’t plainly communicate it somewhere where it would be understood prior to the event beginning.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,832 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

Is @Kabam Miike Kabam just going to ignore this very valid issue? Wonder what would happen if I went to the Better Business Bureau with this? If you sell something it should be as advertised or your money back

The same thing that happens with most reports to the BBB - nothing
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    That is quite misleading.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Member Posts: 246 ★★★
    Still have to do the daily objective to claim the platinum track reward.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2023
    I don’t know… with all due respect to everyone’s individual opinions, it is different, but it does seem reasonable to me.

There is a benefit to Kabam to having as many players as possible log in daily. I love the game, and want it to continue for as long as possible.

Depending on the challenge, it only takes a few mins (one ROL winter soldier fight today) to complete the objective.

I bought the whole thing too including the boosts, but if it helps them out, for me, logging in daily and completing a challenge in a game I love, probably won’t kill me.

Just my 2c though… ✌️
  • Chris_SummersChris_Summers Member Posts: 262 ★★

Well does say the boosts unlocks the days rewards for both tracks right there in plain black and… um… yellow.
  • Chris_SummersChris_Summers Member Posts: 262 ★★
    ugh… dumb time locks 😏
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2023

Well does say the boosts unlocks the days rewards for both tracks right there in plain black and… um… yellow.

And a sentence later it mentions that gold track will be time locked, you are completing the days, just not able to claim the rewards yet

To be clear, I'm totally not in support of this decision, and they should have communicated it WAY better. But it is there
    Yeah, didn’t know they’d done that! In in that case…

“Hey Kabam, what’s up w that?!?” 🤬

😊
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    Pretty ticked off that this doesn’t match what was presented in the past. Would have been nice to better relay that message to people who have purchased these deals in the past (numerous times).
    Copy/paste error including last years info
  • it_meit_me Member Posts: 11
    @Kabam Miike
    The Boost is Sold as “double track event boost”
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    We’re obviously not going to get a response until next week, but this looks like someone dropped the ball. Hopefully, it’s the same person that decided that solo crystal shards were a good idea. Completely clueless.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Member Posts: 631 ★★★
    Are we going to get a response from Kabam? @Kabam Miike @kabam Jax"?
  • UberBoneUberBone Member Posts: 36
    I guess it's kinda unimportant... but I thought I was unlocking both tracks too, well, the first time I did, after that it was on me :)
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★
    What is the point of locking the rewards behind a time wall?
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    I know right. I imagine most people who buy things like this plan to log on everyday anyway.
  • AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Member Posts: 154
    The locked rewards during the wait are trivial at best anyway so who cares lol? Not like it's a 6* awakening gem that we are waiting for..
    to make matters worst rewards don't go past day 42. Congrats Kabam for ripping me off because i will never spend money on these extensions again
    Starhawk said:

to make matters worst rewards don't go past day 42. Congrats Kabam for ripping me off because i will never spend money on these extensions again

Or you could check the calendar before purchasing to know what you’re buying
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited August 2023

Starhawk said:

Not super invested in this discussion, but Im curious- is there anywhere in game, on the forums, or on the purchase menu that says the calendar ends on 42? Furthermore, is there anything preventing you from purchasing boosters once you hit 42?

I assumed that they just didn’t add scroll functionality past that date and I don't think there’s ANY indication that would hint otherwise
  • IliphasIliphas Member Posts: 49
    I was also "pleasantly" surprised when I bought 7 days, and in the end I took the rewards only for the platinum path.
    Time limits - cancer. I don't understand why after paying I have to keep waiting.

Starhawk said:

That is a ridiculous statement. Kabam allows you to buy more than 20 days going well beyond the 42 days. There was no indication that this wasn't going to go past 42 days. If you can't then they shouldn't be selling what is essentially nothing.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    Gonna bump this, because it definitely needs to be addressed. Is there seriously no indication that the calendar is capped at 42 and can you seriously continue to purchase boosters after hitting that cap? That is horrendously misleading and needs to be corrected (yes CORRECTED) before the next track comes around
  • WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 143
    Well, this "feature" is still buged because I just did the day 2 objective and my second gold track milestone is still locked.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    WeaponX said:

Well, this "feature" is still buged because I just did the day 2 objective and my second gold track milestone is still locked.

It’s not bugged. They intended it that way. Read upward. There’s a few posts outlining it. They basically want you to log in everyday.