**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Sharpened claws is, and by miles the most overtuned defensive node GC circuit has had in a while.

SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 61
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
The title says my entire thoughts to be honest, but especially when people run the deep wounds mastery, so 5% health gone the second you block (and with how the A.I. plays now) you pretty much have no choice but to block at least a few times.
Delete this node from the game, and never let it return. Especially since there’s maybe 7 champs that hard counter this node, easily one of the most restricting, heavily draft reliant, annoying nodes we’ve seen in a very long time.

Comments

• Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 209 ★★
    I thought it was ok once you get used to it (def struggled with some matchups to start with).
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    I have a deck with 70% bleed immune champs. Just strategies or get really good at intercepting.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

1% Rage meta was worse imo

That was the bomb 👌🤌
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Sharpened claws doesn't look like that big of an issue
    That regen is much trickier to deal with IMO

Yes. That's the PITA for me.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    This has been the most boring meta by far in gc. I said forget it. It’s a big giant pita even with a high amount of bleed immune champs I have ranked up. Couple that on top of the regen. Yeah horrible horrible idea
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    I'm enjoying this meta because of the challenge invovle. I hate the meta where you just nuke everything down as fast as possible. This meta is a slow and steady attack then back away before the regen kicks in unless you have a heal reversal or heal block champ.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    The only problem I have with this meta is the deep wounds mastery needing units to have the advantage. I’m losing matches when the opponent has twice the blocked hits as me, yet the time is similar. the bleed health difference is too much.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

It’s a node that rewards higher skill and smart deck building/ drafting. I personally prefer having a node like this in the GC than a nuke meta

I agree as well on terms of the smart drafting/deck building but I don’t think that 5/5 deep wounds should synergize the way that it does with this node. That’s really my main gripe, and I’ll be honest with you here; I made this post after dropping about 124 points in the GC.
    It was a bit of an ill informed decision to pretty much guarantee the person who has 5/5 DW a guaranteed win almost every time.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

Sharpened claws doesn't look like that big of an issue
    That regen is much trickier to deal with IMO

As I said to someone else, I mainly made this post in a way of a blind rage (yes I know I shouldn’t have, but it made me feel a bit better lmao)
    I just don’t like the fact that pretty much whoever has more points in the deep wounds mastery, almost wins the match every time.
    I just hate meta’s like this, that almost force you to completely rebuild your mastery setup; just to try and compete.
  • Options

I was lucky enough to not have even gotten to the GC during that meta, I did hear some very very bad things about that meta though.
    Why was it so bad?
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

I have a deck with 70% bleed immune champs. Just strategies or get really good at intercepting.

I’m pretty solid at intercepting, but the issue I’ve had is I’ve only got a handful (maybe) of champs I can use in this meta that counter the node that are ranked up.
    I don’t take many champs like warlock, OS, Omega Red, Ghost, etc.. up because I kinda find their playstyle pretty boring in my opinion.
    Though this meta might just change that, if I’m entirely honest. Lol
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

I was lucky enough to not have even gotten to the GC during that meta, I did hear some very very bad things about that meta though.
    Why was it so bad?
    I loved it personally but after like 5 hits the defender would go unlockable for the rest of the fight. Plus their damage would be like tripled from the furies. So you had to survive will only being able to do 1 percent of their health in each hit
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    I've had a lot more issues with the insane amount of regen that defenders can rack up if you're not careful. The bleed damage was surprisingly strong at first but once I rebuilt my deck a bit, it's been mostly manageable. While it is somewhat of a pain to deal with, you can also build your deck so that your own defenders become horrible to face without the right counters. Those are the metas I prefer. I really like strategizing.