So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,404 ★★★★★

People who want kabam to remove everything they earned after the exploit, it's the same as banning them right after the exploit, then why didn't those bans issued? People could have earned some rewards regardless of exploiting so taking that too is not punishing them, it's injustice.

TheDarkestKnight

So what you're saying is they deserve a slap on the wrists and that's it? Wow now that's what I call punishment, take away the stuff that didn't belong to them and send them on their way with no other consequences whatsoever... Come on, you can't be serious lol.
  • TheDarkestknightTheDarkestknight Member Posts: 33

People who want kabam to remove everything they earned after the exploit, it's the same as banning them right after the exploit, then why didn't those bans issued? People could have earned some rewards regardless of exploiting so taking that too is not punishing them, it's injustice.

TheDarkestKnight

So what you're saying is they deserve a slap on the wrists and that's it? Wow now that's what I call punishment, take away the stuff that didn't belong to them and send them on their way with no other consequences whatsoever... Come on, you can't be serious lol.
    You want to take all their progress after the exploit. Some of that for some people is legit, that's what I'm taking about.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,505 ★★★★★

TheDarkestKnight

Kabam has confirmed as much when they said they opted not to ban people and remove the Resources.

TheDarkestKnight

Kabam has confirmed as much when they said they opted not to ban people and remove the Resources.
    I have no issues with them removing all the resources they earned, in fact that's what I want them to do. This other person however is arguing that taking away only the champs is enough and taking away anything else wouldn't be fair if they didn't use the champs from the mythich crystals to get those resources which to a certain extent I understand but it's still on them for opening crystals, they put themselves in this situation.

TheDarkestKnight

I have no issues with them removing all the resources they earned, in fact that's what I want them to do. This other person however is arguing that taking away only the champs is enough and taking away anything else wouldn't be fair if they didn't use the champs from the mythich crystals to get those resources which to a certain extent I understand but it's still on them for opening crystals, they put themselves in this situation.
    What I believe they're pointing out is it's an increasingly complex scenario to unravel what they used to complete content and what they didn't. That would be compounding an already erroneous situation. I would categorize it as collateral damage.

TheDarkestKnight

What I believe they're pointing out is it's an increasingly complex scenario to unravel what they used to complete content and what they didn't. That would be compounding an already erroneous situation. I would categorize it as collateral damage.
    Yes there would be collateral damage indeed, they either remove all the resources gained after the exploit or they don't because going one by one, quest by quest, fight by fight would be waaay too much work and I don't even think that's possible.
    All I'm saying is it would be a lot more unfair if they decided not to remove these resources due to collateral damage which is inevitable, than them deciding to remove all of them regardless of which ones were gained legitimately with champs that didn't come from those mythic crystals.

TheDarkestKnight

Yes there would be collateral damage indeed, they either remove all the resources gained after the exploit or they don't because going one by one, quest by quest, fight by fight would be waaay too much work and I don't even think that's possible.
    All I'm saying is it would be a lot more unfair if they decided not to remove these resources due to collateral damage which is inevitable, than them deciding to remove all of them regardless of which ones were gained legitimately with champs that didn't come from those mythic crystals.
    See, I have to disagree with that. That's creating a great deal more work, which may come at the expense of people who didn't even benefit from what they pulled.
    edited July 2023

TheDarkestKnight

See, I have to disagree with that. That's creating a great deal more work, which may come at the expense of people who didn't even benefit from what they pulled.
    Like I said, sucks for them but they shouldn't have opened the crystals in the first place if that's the case. Going one by one to see which resources they can remove and which ones they can't because of the champs the person used to get those resources is obviously not possible. You either remove all of them or you don't, if you don't and you allow them to keep those unlimited stashes of iso and gold you're going to create an even bigger issue on the long run.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 979 ★★★★
    So how about a bit of compromise in the middle.

Yes, I can imagine that Kabam would be able to remove champions, ISO and Gold that these players got from these crystals, but might struggle to roll back all of the progress gain these players may or maybe not have gotten from it (including Solo contents and BG). Therfore these players in theory could still have gained some benefits from this exploit.

So since Kabam have a list of players that have selected, received and open some/most/all of these Mythic crystals. Kabam could send out a small (crystals & resources) package to all the players that didn't exploit this bugs, it could be based on progression level. As a "simple" way just to balance thing out.

Win win for everyone. :D
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 979 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Fryday said:

So how about a bit of compromise in the middle.

Yes, I can imagine that Kabam would be able to remove champions, ISO and Gold that these players got from these crystals, but might struggle to roll back all of the progress gain these players may or maybe not have gotten from it (including Solo contents and BG). Therfore these players in theory could still have gained some benefits from this exploit.

So since Kabam have a list of players that have selected, received and open some/most/all of these Mythic crystals. Kabam could send out a small (crystals & resources) package to all the players that didn't exploit this bugs, it could be based on progression level. As a "simple" way just to balance thing out.

Win win for everyone. :D

No that's just you using this as an excuse to try and get free stuff because you want it.
    Sure, I can fully agreed that I would mind some free stuffs. :smiley:

But is my suggestion still not valid, or would we all prefer Kabam using a lot of resources to try and roll back all of the gain the players that exploit this bug?

At the end of the day Kabam only have so much resources and for any that go into dealing with this, then less are available for other and we all can aware of the many bugs and issues this month update alone have crop up.

My suggest is a simplier solution, and it would benefit all players that didn't exploit this bug and less Kabam work (or players expectation of Kabam should do to correct this issue). Like I said a win win solution.

TheDarkestKnight

Like I said, sucks for them but they shouldn't have opened the crystals in the first place if that's the case. Going one by one to see which resources they can remove and which ones they can't because of the champs the person used to get those resources is obviously not possible. You either remove all of them or you don't, if you don't and you allow them to keep those unlimited stashes of iso and gold you're going to create an even bigger issue on the long run.
    I mean, should or shouldn't is moot at this point. The usual course of action is to ban. Which I anticipated, to he honest. They went a different route, which is generous.
    I think it's more prudent to have reasonable expectations with this. I get the whole idea of fairness, and I appreciate the argument. I just don't think it wise to invest every ounce of energy into reversing all the content they did, getting every subsequent Resource gained back, and taking it to the enth degree. If they did, I wouldn't have an issue with that. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect it.
    When you have a situation that is already a bug, to the degree this was, you need to pick and choose your battles. You remove the erroneous Rewards in this case. Anything egregious or game-altering you deal with. The rest as I said, is collateral damage. I'm not convinced some of that changes the game in a great way.
    I highly doubt it's going to encourage people to take advantage of exploits.
    I'm not usually this crass on here, but they'd be idiots if they did.
    People are lucky there wasn't a ban this time. I've seen it happen before.

That’s kind of the problem though. In the past, the precedent was set that if you benefit from
    a bugged side quest you’ll face at least as 7 day ban and lose the rewards. That was a good deterrent to do have people not do it again.

Now, it’s less clear until we see what they do. If they only take back the champs and gold and iso and don’t roll back content, it might still be a good trade to take a 7 day break to jump ahead a progression level.

I don’t think treating it as a punitive ban is fair but I think freezing accounts that gained more than intended to undo it is reasonable and practical. Waiting 2 weeks to do it makes it a giant mess.

They surprised me with the compensation for the multiple paths/teleporter bug so I’m hoping they surprise me again but I don’t know how they fix this easily and completely.
    This is a unique situation. If people are putting this in their back pockets for future reference, then they deserve whatever is coming to them in the future.

TheDarkestKnight

I mean, should or shouldn't is moot at this point. The usual course of action is to ban. Which I anticipated, to he honest. They went a different route, which is generous.
    I think it's more prudent to have reasonable expectations with this. I get the whole idea of fairness, and I appreciate the argument. I just don't think it wise to invest every ounce of energy into reversing all the content they did, getting every subsequent Resource gained back, and taking it to the enth degree. If they did, I wouldn't have an issue with that. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect it.
    When you have a situation that is already a bug, to the degree this was, you need to pick and choose your battles. You remove the erroneous Rewards in this case. Anything egregious or game-altering you deal with. The rest as I said, is collateral damage. I'm not convinced some of that changes the game in a great way.
    You're not convinced unlimited iso and gold for a Cav for the next 6 months doesn't change the game in a great way for them?
    DNA3000 said:

You seem to be forgetting we're only here now because a bunch of players decided that the risk associated with exploiting a problem like this was worth it and they were apparently right. Unless there are negative consequences, why should they believe anything different for the next one?
    Oh, for sure. I'm not opposed to actions. What I don't endorse is the idea that there's a precedent for doing the wrong thing. That kind of logic is careless at best, and it would inevitably lead to someone saying "I thought I could get away with it because you did X when Y happened.". I don't see that as an absolution for a conscience and I have little compassion for such cases.
    In any case, I'm in agreement with you. I just don't know what that will look like if bans are not on the table.
    Oh well, it started so now there's no point in arguing. Guess we'll have to wait and see if one of these accounts makes a post about all the things they lost.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

I’m pissed that people could have used these new champs to gain more points in the BG event and jump people who were playing fairly. I’d hate to lose out on higher rank rewards because of this exploit.

I wouldn't get too worried. It's unlikely most of them had enough resources to do anything with the champs.
    You keep saying this but I don’t understand where you’re coming from. A cav or TB player that picks up 2-3 7* champs could easily blow throw a lot of content and they also likely picked up almost every champ at the 5* level and most 6* champs so just ranking up Doom/Herc/Torch/Nimrod to R2 and a few other counters would get them pretty far.

And they could easily coast through a lot of BG tiers with a few 7*s and deck or 6* R1/2 champs and use all the tokens in the store to get more rankup materials.

I think you’re underestimating how much could be accomplished for a Cav/TB account with that many mythic crystals.
    Which content could they blow through they couldn't already blow through with 6* R3's?
    A 7* r1 lvl 1 champion is basically a 6* r3 champion
    A Cav player can easily cruise through act 6&7 with 7*s
    Update:
    Just checked this person's profile again, he lost the Storm dupe and his Sasquatch, in case anyone was wondering.

• Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,369 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

You seem to be forgetting we're only here now because a bunch of players decided that the risk associated with exploiting a problem like this was worth it and they were apparently right. Unless there are negative consequences, why should they believe anything different for the next one?
    We're only here now because employees decided double checking the product they developed wasn't worth the time, effort or the money. Yes, it would be beneficial to put the fear of God into the gamers, but it would be more beneficial to remind Kabam of what happens when their quality control measures stop controlling the quality.
    we are here because someone made a mistake.
    you can't say they didn't bother to check when you were not there and dunno.
    have you ever made a mistake before?
    sure you have and even after checking you missed it.
    something like this error is going to be literally one single word in a whole bunch of code where the difference being shards/crystals and it would not trigger any errors as the code is technically valid either way. therefore very easy to miss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

DNA3000 said:

We're only here now because employees decided double checking the product they developed wasn't worth the time, effort or the money. Yes, it would be beneficial to put the fear of God into the gamers, but it would be more beneficial to remind Kabam of what happens when their quality control measures stop controlling the quality.
    we are here because someone made a mistake.
    you can't say they didn't bother to check when you were not there and dunno.
    have you ever made a mistake before?
    sure you have and even after checking you missed it.
    something like this error is going to be literally one single word in a whole bunch of code where the difference being shards/crystals and it would not trigger any errors as the code is technically valid either way. therefore very easy to miss.
    Yes, that's why development companies as large as Kabam have teams of people they have to run through to make sure these issues are avoided. When they do inevitably happen, the players are never to blame.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It's sad because previous incidents have caused players to be banned for far far less (10/20 5* signature stones) and it's not even comparable to that economy.
    Fryday said:

Update:
    Just checked this person's profile again, he lost the Storm dupe and his Sasquatch, in case anyone was wondering.

That is interesting to know.

Another question is, did this person have that profile pic before they open all of those Mythic crystals?

I.e: Did they already had 5 or more 7* Champ and completed the Shooting Star Quest. Or were they able to do so after the exploit?

Because if they did it aftet then it is clear that they will still able to benefit from the exploit.
    As I stated previously no they weren't even TB before the exploit. That's the main reason I made this post, this person went from Cav to TB and now even did the shooting stars quest thanks to the champs he got from the mythic crystals.
This discussion has been closed.