Kabam isn’t done fixing the mythic crystal mistake

Armed07Armed07 Member Posts: 104

Seems like they needed access to our accounts to strip away the resources we put into the champs and the remaining 6* and 7* champs will still be taken away. We will be given back the resources we put into them and BG alliance rank rewards will be issued to those who got suspended soon.

Comments

• Armed07Armed07 Member Posts: 104

So they get the rewards they earned using all the extra champs in BG?

Yes but our champs from the mythic crystals that were left will still be taken. For me and a lot of other summoners that took advantage of the exploit, those champs didn’t impact our score much
    edited July 2023
    Pikolu said:

Yup, the temp ban system wipes out all points in the alliance event which is great 99% of the time. Should be fixed sometime this week

It still says I have my points
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    I didn't do the exploit but I have yet to receive any of the battlegrounds alliance rewards. Did this exploit correction affect all players for receiving the rewards? The wording of that post makes it sound like other people have already received them, just not the exploit people.

I didn't do the exploit but I have yet to receive any of the battlegrounds alliance rewards. Did this exploit correction affect all players for receiving the rewards? The wording of that post makes it sound like other people have already received them, just not the exploit people.

You might have not put enough points to qualify for it if you didn’t take part in the exploit.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    I did not claim/open the mythic crystals and I got all 3 sets of BG season rewards Friday.

Armed07 said:

Yes but our champs from the mythic crystals that were left will still be taken. For me and a lot of other summoners that took advantage of the exploit, those champs didn’t impact our score much
    There is no way awakenings and/or extra sig levels on 6* champs and extra 7* champs didn’t impact a lot of players decks for BG purposes.
    The sigs is a good point. It awakened my Titania and she put work in. I was thinking strictly about new champs

That looks like their standard response. The temporary ban has already been lifted and the exploiters still have their 7*s. I doubt they’re doing a 2nd round of bans and removing additional things they left there in the first ban.

I don’t think they need to suspend us, I think they now have the ability to just pull them off of our accounts.

That looks like their standard response. The temporary ban has already been lifted and the exploiters still have their 7*s. I doubt they’re doing a 2nd round of bans and removing additional things they left there in the first ban.

I agree, I don’t read that as saying another ban is coming. I think they are done with what they planned to do. We’ll have to see Monday if they think it’s enough or if they announce another round of cleanup bans.

I’m just shocked they are still sending out the BG rewards they missed. That was the one relatively small negative for players that opened them. If they get the BG season rewards too then it seems like there was no downside and all upside to opening the crystals.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,896 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Armed07 said:

I don’t think they need to suspend us, I think they now have the ability to just pull them off of our accounts.
    Why not do that when they were in before? Why leave 7* there and remove 6* and 5*?

I think this is done as good as it will be and we will move on.

Armed07 said:

Why not do that when they were in before? Why leave 7* there and remove 6* and 5*?

I think this is done as good as it will be and we will move on.
    I put a AG into a doom and catalyst I think they want to give the materials back and take away the champs at the same time. Now they know what to take away and give it might be a very quick maintenance or hot patch to correct it. But I do think they plan on taking it away, i almost had another 7* crystal and they took away the shards in that ticket they responded they will be given back when the mistake is fully corrected.
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 576 ★★★
    Has anyone received them yet
    MasterA said:

Has anyone received them yet

People who didn’t exploit got them, we’ll get them soon
    24-48 hours yeah right
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    Well ****...they are giving people their rank up materials back.
    MasterA said:

24-48 hours yeah right

I know. Now they’re telling me that they don’t know when to expect them and to keep any eye out.
    ChiliDog said:

Well ****...they are giving people their rank up materials back.

If you’re in an alliance that’s good for you cause that means you’re alliance members are able to rank up more champs which is better for everyone.
  • ILoveDrDoomILoveDrDoom Member Posts: 43
    I can confirm I ranked up 2 6 stars to rank 2 and 1 6 star to rank 3 and they gave me 3 generic rank up gems back.

I can confirm I ranked up 2 6 stars to rank 2 and 1 6 star to rank 3 and they gave me 3 generic rank up gems back.

I haven’t gotten them yet…
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Armed07 said:

Did they remove all champions tho??

Did you use gems for the rank ups or catalysts? And were they champs you got from the mythic crystals?

Armed07 said:

Did they remove all champions tho??
    They started.
  • ILoveDrDoomILoveDrDoom Member Posts: 43
    I took a Dr doom to rank 2 and 3 with normal catalysts, and a apoc to rank 2 with catalysts. They removed the Champs but gave me 2 rank up 1-2 gems and 1 rank up 2-3 gem.

• OKAYGangOKAYGang Member Posts: 524 ★★★
    Armed07 said:

I didn't take advantage but this is not an exploit it's a bug (code mistake by a developer on Kabam's payroll) and 100% Kabam's fault. You all didn't modify any code or bypass any security controls to gain access to those crystals which would be the definition of an exploit in IT terms anyways
    They were handed to you by Kabam. Personally you all should have been allowed to keep them and the account suspensions are complete bs, this was 100% Kabam's mistake. No malicious actions had to occur for you to gain access to the crystals. It's no different than if you found money on the ground in a crowded public place. It's not theft for picking it up and putting it in your pocket.
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Member Posts: 259 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    OKAYGang said:

Armed07 said:

I didn't take advantage but this is not an exploit it's a bug (code mistake by a developer on Kabam's payroll) and 100% Kabam's fault. You all didn't modify any code or bypass any security controls to gain access to those crystals which would be the definition of an exploit in IT terms anyways
    They were handed to you by Kabam. Personally you all should have been allowed to keep them and the account suspensions are complete bs, this was 100% Kabam's mistake. No malicious actions had to occur for you to gain access to the crystals. It's no different than if you found money on the ground in a crowded public place. It's not theft for picking it up and putting it in your pocket.
    One doesn't exploit a hack or modification, that's just blatantly cheating. There was a very obvious bug and these players exploited it, which is why kabam is taking these measures instead of rolling out permanent bans.

Literally me right now as I can get paragon with the rewards
    OKAYGang said:

Armed07 said:

If I call it anything other than an exploit I get 30 Kabam defenders coming in here and telling about how horrible of a person I am and how they don’t understand how I live with myself after claiming the crystals