Why doesn't Quicksilver slow prevent mix master evade?

mattyben27mattyben27 Member Posts: 56
Using him in monthly eq 3.2 quest. The node doesn't specifically say only skill champs can prevent evade

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    What were the nodes and who were you fighting?
  • mattyben27mattyben27 Member Posts: 56
    Update to my op, only not working against Shuri. Falcon lock on also doesn't work. She has a description that says ability accuracy can't be altered, but that counts for nodes too? Which means no champ can stop her evade in this month's eq? Appreciate the help all
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Update to my op, only not working against Shuri. Falcon lock on also doesn't work. She has a description that says ability accuracy can't be altered, but that counts for nodes too? Which means no champ can stop her evade in this month's eq? Appreciate the help all

Skills with shock can
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Which means no champ can stop her evade in this month's eq? Appreciate the help all

Only abilities that reduce Ability Accuracy won't work. Coldsnap, True Strike, True Accuracy, etc will still all prevent it.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★

Which means no champ can stop her evade in this month's eq? Appreciate the help all

Only abilities that reduce Ability Accuracy won't work. Coldsnap, True Strike, True Accuracy, etc will still all prevent it.
    Yeah use Kate Bishop if you have her :)
    edited August 2023
    Pardon any dumb questions @SecondSkriller @AngelMcNugget, how do you get coldsnap applied if she's always evading? Or ger true strike/accuracy without activating via special like herc sp1? I do have Kate recently ranked up, but don't know how to play her yet. Don't have moleman either.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★

Pardon any dumb questions @SecondSkriller @AngelMcNugget, how do you get coldsnap applied if she's always evading? Or ger true strike/accuracy without activating via special like herc sp1? I do have Kate recently ranked up, but don't know how to play her yet

Mix master means she will evade if you perform the same action twice, with kate it’s easy against her since you can passively stun her (Kate’s parry ability). So do combos like medium light medium or light medium light medium and then use your sp1 to apply the coldsnap, which prevents evade :)
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 163
    Do you have Nick Fury or Squirrel Girl? Do a ML combo until you have a bar and launch SP1 for disorient which will stop evade due to the node.

Pardon any dumb questions @SecondSkriller @AngelMcNugget, how do you get coldsnap applied if she's always evading? Or ger true strike/accuracy without activating via special like herc sp1? I do have Kate recently ranked up, but don't know how to play her yet

Mix master means she will evade if you perform the same action twice, with kate it’s easy against her since you can passively stun her (Kate’s parry ability). So do combos like medium light medium or light medium light medium and then use your sp1 to apply the coldsnap, which prevents evade :)
    I definitely understand mix master, but it sounds like kabam was being very mean with this node champ combo lol. Without Kate or moleman, I don't know who else then. And seems like a long fight unless you have moleman. If shuri can negate slow, will she also negate coldsnap evade reduction?
    Sunstar19 said:

Do you have Nick Fury or Squirrel Girl? Do a ML combo until you have a bar and launch SP1 for disorient which will stop evade due to the node.

I was thinking fury wouldn't be good with how long it would take to get to sp1 with only ml and taking tons of block damage and that his disorient didn't last too long, so I didn't bring him assuming falcon or slow would work. Thank you

I definitely understand mix master, but it sounds like kabam was being very mean with this node champ combo lol. Without Kate or moleman, I don't know who else then. And seems like a long fight unless you have moleman. If shuri can negate slow, will she also negate coldsnap evade reduction?
    Nah, Coldsnap doesn't reduce the ability accuracy of evade, it just prevents it entirely.

Shuri is probably the worst champion they could've placed on the path, but there are a good number of champions who can make it work. Attuma, Elsa Bloodstone, OG BP and Killmonger are just a few Skill choices that can do it pretty well, though BP and KM do require synergies.

Nah, Coldsnap doesn't reduce the ability accuracy of evade, it just prevents it entirely.

Shuri is probably the worst champion they could've placed on the path, but there are a good number of champions who can make it work. Attuma, Elsa Bloodstone, OG BP and Killmonger are just a few Skill choices that can do it pretty well, though BP and KM do require synergies.
    My roster definitely wasn't built for that path then after all these years still lol. I don't have any of them still! At least not beyond r2 that I can remember
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    Nick Fury works great on this fight. Just need to get him to 5 tactical charges and shuri's evade and miss are both shut down for the rest of the fight.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Anyone with shock, Incinerate, true accuracy:
    Mole Man
    Night Thrasher
    Attuma
    Killmonger
    Karnak

Hit Monkey
    Elsa Bloodstone (worked well for me)
  • SonOfArgu16SonOfArgu16 Member, Guardian Posts: 262 Guardian

Mole Man
    Night Thrasher
    Attuma
    Killmonger
    Karnak

Hit Monkey
    Night Thrasher's only works for medium attacks/board attacks I think
    Killmonger's true strike only activates after punishing SP's
    and who uses Karnak

Mole Man
    Night Thrasher
    Attuma
    Killmonger
    Karnak

Hit Monkey
    and who uses Karnak
    Killmonger has a synergy that gives him True Strike when he intercepts dash attacks
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,777 ★★★★

I used zemo with phoenix synergy. 1 medium and evade is gone.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    I don’t believe it was mentioned, but the reason slow didn’t work is because it doesn’t actually prevent evades, just reduces the chance by 100%. So if a champ is immune to reduction or has increased ability accuracy, slow won’t work.

Been playing the game 5 years and I also just learned that from this EQ.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Mole Man
    Night Thrasher
    Attuma
    Killmonger
    Karnak

Hit Monkey
    and who uses Karnak
    Night Thrasher: Yes it does. So you do MLM combos. Also, NT can gain power using Dexterity, so he can easily get to a bar of a power without the opponent gaining any. So do that, and hit them with a Disorient.

Killmonger: Yes, so either bring Winter Soldier for synergy; or just do ML combos until the opponent has enough power for a special that you can punish.

Karnak: people who've realised he's actually quite good after his buff.

Just because the player needs to actually think about what they're doing doesn't make any of these bad suggestions, you know...
    All this was great info to have. Zemo, who I just got too, probably would have been my best choice then. Don't know if I would have done well with Fury. All the other champ selections were no go's for me unfortunately. I just used overflow revives with qs and found a strategy with him. Thanks all
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    Agent venom with kraven and scorpion can do pretty well
    edited August 2023
    Ortoun said:

That synergy allow him to counter evade? I'd also need a ranked agent venom lol
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★

Ortoun said:

No. Agent venom just has 50% evade counter in his base kit
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★
    Nick Fury is always a great option for this set of EQ nodes. I build 1.5 bars of power using combos that don't repeat basic hits. Once I have enough power, I bait out opponents SP1, then go in and use my SP1. I do 5 hit combos to gain passive furys. By then I have another SP1 ready and gain 8 tactical charges making me permanently unevadeable the rest of the fight.
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★

Ortoun said:

The nodes state that skill champion’s incinerates counter evade. That synergy team makes Agent Venom place incinerates very often
  • Son_of_Rage1Son_of_Rage1 Member Posts: 51
    Thinking outside the box, I used Apocalypse. Once he has all the evade charges they persist for the whole quest. No more Mix Master.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    don't sleep on nick
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

My roster definitely wasn't built for that path then after all these years still lol. I don't have any of them still! At least not beyond r2 that I can remember
    R2s are good enough for 1 fight in TB eq lol, it's not like they are gonna take the whole path