**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why isn’t Magik chilling as a 6*

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
I’m just curious, I don’t think I’m missing anything, I know Magik is a decent champ, but a 6* wouldn’t be overpowering at all.

We should be able to gain her from crystals, I hope the time will one day come.

I feel the same with quake, there are so many anti quake champs, abilities and nodes now, that she would be fine.

What’s everyone else think, with 7* out, at least let them be 6*!

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    DUHveed said:

Yeah man, give me 6* r5 quake so I can ascend her next month.

Oh no, anyway.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    Can someone explain what magik can do that is still keeping her out of the 6* pool? I never pulled her as a 5* when I was using them so I really don’t know what she’s capable of.

Is there a good showcase of what she does that makes her too strong to be a 6*?
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited August 2023

Can someone explain what magik can do that is still keeping her out of the 6* pool? I never pulled her as a 5* when I was using them so I really don’t know what she’s capable of.

Curious here, too. I think it has got something to do with limbo, it basically regenerates all the damage taken, and reflects it back on the opponent?? I'm really not sure, hope other Magik lovers will confirm.

Mysterio can do that with one his buffs too, if i remember correct.
  • Options

I imagine they're just worried about how overpowered Limbo would be on defense
    That’s what I was thinking but it seems like we’ve got enough counters to that by now and it doesn’t seem any worse than domino. Maybe I’m missing something though.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

I can guarantee you that is not the case.
    It's more towards the sp2 locking mechanic and the regen. She is broken op war champ, that can be an argument too.
    zuffy said:

She is one of the best power control champ. Get to sp2 and it’s over.

Doom can finish 90% of fights with rightly timed sp1.
    But That's not the point.

If doom can be stopped in content, so does magik, also magik takes longer in larger health pools.

Magik is not as safe as doom tbh, from a seasoned magik player, good ol days of double edge and sp2 spam. Seen enough KOed magiks in war back in the day, while doom the tank effin refuses to die.

They may tune down her limbo damage and make it scale with base attack only.

Would really like to see a 6* magik.
    And as a Quake user, we aint gonna see her in 6* for atleast 2-3 more years. Miike said never say never!!
  • Options
    I guess my point is I’m using my 5* herc and torch and Tigra and Kingpin regularly in Act 8/TB EQ/Threat Level 5 SQ because I don’t have them as 6* yet. Is Magik worth ranking up as a 5* in the current state of the game? I rarely see anyone mention her as an option for anything.
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83

I guess my point is I’m using my 5* herc and torch and Tigra and Kingpin regularly in Act 8/TB EQ/Threat Level 5 SQ because I don’t have them as 6* yet. Is Magik worth ranking up as a 5* in the current state of the game? I rarely see anyone mention her as an option for anything.

nobody uses her because is a 5 star, but now with ascension a lot of players will be using her again i bet, she and quake
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    I am totally ascending my 5* Magik once I can. I miss That SP2 power lock. I still break her out when it makes sense.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★

Curious here, too. I think it has got something to do with limbo, it basically regenerates all the damage taken, and reflects it back on the opponent?? I'm really not sure, hope other Magik lovers will confirm.

His sp1
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★
    My argument in releasing quake is she requires skill that not everyone can do. With enemies so strong now, u have to consistently dexterity for her to be great. Personally I m not that good at dexterity for so long so my 5* quake is just gathering dust. But fir those who are skilled enuff, I think they should have a 6* quake
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited August 2023

The big difference here is that Limbo also deals unavoidable energy damage to your champion while it's active in addition to rewinding all damage done, while Mysterio only reminds damage and nothing else

Edit: I just checked their abilities to make sure I'm not an idiot and there is another minor difference. Limbo doesn't reflect damage at all, it only reminds it. So Limbo deals constant energy damage to the opponent and then reminds all damage that Magik has taken, while Mysterio's reflection gas rewinds damage and then inflicts damage to the opponent based off of how much damage was rewound.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

The big difference here is that Limbo also deals unavoidable energy damage to your champion while it's active in addition to rewinding all damage done, while Mysterio only reminds damage and nothing else

Edit: I just checked their abilities to make sure I'm not an idiot and there is another minor difference. Limbo doesn't reflect damage at all, it only reminds it. So Limbo deals constant energy damage to the opponent and then reminds all damage that Magik has taken, while Mysterio's reflection gas rewinds damage and then inflicts damage to the opponent based off of how much damage was rewound.
    I think the important and huge difference missed here is that limbo is RNG based on when she crosses a bar of power, so can be countered by AAR, completely denying her power or high energy resistance. Even the best power denial champs and AAR champs usually give her at least one bar in the average fight before they can do anything with maybe the exception of OG Vision. Energy resistance reduces the damage (e.g. Guardian). So, there will be champs that handle her well to varying degrees, but almost no one will ever take zero damage unless really lucky on RNG.

Mysterio SP1 damage reversal can be countered by any champ... just don't hit him during the timer... problem solved.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★

They should value buff GHulk so he can be relevant again. Perfect counter. He loves limbo
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★

I am totally ascending my 5* Magik once I can. I miss That SP2 power lock. I still break her out when it makes sense.

Gonna do the same but that likely still won’t be enough damage to truly be relevant until we have the 6*
  • Options
    rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140
    Magik would be too OP for defense, yeah she has damage reflect like mysterio but you can avoid that damage by not hitting him. Magiks Limbo is unavoidable damage. And her power control is the best in game. Too op as 6*.

But for ascension quake and magik should go up for sure