**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It WILL Be Done....Eventually

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
This is a follow-up to what seemingly has turned into a Series of Posts for me, on my journey through BGs.
This Season is off to a slow start for me. The Nodes are my element. I'm best at nuke.
I'm just not sure I like adding more Wins and Tiers to the VT.
The good news is seeding starts next Season, so theoretically it will be the final climb, as long as I choose to keep going.
No major issues yet. I'll keep this Thread posted on my progress when I get time between work and everything else going on in the game.
As insane as it is, I love full months.
Feel free to share about your progress as well on your climbing journey. Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★

This is a follow-up to what seemingly has turned into a Series of Posts for me, on my journey through BGs.
    This Season is off to a slow start for me. The Nodes are my element. I'm best at nuke.
    The good news is seeding starts next Season, so theoretically it will be the final climb, as long as I choose to keep going.
    No major issues yet. I'll keep this Thread posted on my progress when I get time between work and everything else going on in the game.
    Feel free to share about your progress as well on your climbing journey. Good luck!

Won first match then lost 3 in row to make B2, i don't think i am gonna continue protection makes it hard enough to enough to play that almost all matches are timed out. It was fun last season making GC but i don't see myself playing anymore
  • Options

Won first match then lost 3 in row to make B2, i don't think i am gonna continue protection makes it hard enough to enough to play that almost all matches are timed out. It was fun last season making GC but i don't see myself playing anymore
    Yeah, it took a few for me to get to B2 as well. To be fair, I was trying to get a few in while I was distracted.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I like using the trophy tokens on the early tiers to try and get the best chance of max points from them.

Currently at S3 - got lucky with a couple of forfeits / caught cheats so B1 was no fights
  • Options

I like using the trophy tokens on the early tiers to try and get the best chance of max points from them.

Currently at S3 - got lucky with a couple of forfeits / caught cheats so B1 was no fights

I do that as well lol. I kinda messed up and got myself to 9k but didn't know there was a limit so every season I was losing the eldar marks lol.
  • Options
    Welp....Silver now. Haven't been making a hard effort, though. Work has been busy.
    Not sure whose idea it was to make it more Wins, but if this is foreshadowing Plat and up, I won't be a fan. Lol.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Welp....Silver now. Haven't been making a hard effort, though. Work has been busy.
    Not sure whose idea it was to make it more Wins, but if this is foreshadowing Plat and up, I won't be a fan. Lol.

They truly have made it a slog. Horrible design decision IMO. The goal of battlegrounds is to be in the gladiators circuit and compete. Not to be so burnt out in the victory track that you dont even want to get to the gladiators circuit in the first place. Or if you get there you hardly want to play.
    the worst part is the 2:1 removal from Diamond to Vibranium especially with the added tiers in Diamond and Vibranium now.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

ahmynuts said:

They truly have made it a slog. Horrible design decision IMO. The goal of battlegrounds is to be in the gladiators circuit and compete. Not to be so burnt out in the victory track that you dont even want to get to the gladiators circuit in the first place. Or if you get there you hardly want to play.
    the worst part is the 2:1 removal from Diamond to Vibranium especially with the added tiers in Diamond and Vibranium now.
    All I can see when the time comes is more Shield purchases and more cursing. Lol.
  • Options
    I actually would have waited until the seeding started next Season to introduce the new Tiers. It would have made more sense when people started in Plat. Now it just feels drawn out.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 475 ★★★

I'll keep this Thread posted on my progress when I get time between work and everything else going on in the game.

Only if you had done it 7 years ago you would have been a Paragon by now! 😜
  • Options
    On my main i put up 25k in ally event and guess what i made Bronze 2. All those pts i made and still in Bronze 2, I am seriously considering not playing BG no more.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 475 ★★★

On my main i put up 25k in ally event and guess what i made Bronze 2. All those pts i made and still in Bronze 2, I am seriously considering not playing BG no more.

Why not just wait a week or two? let all the try-hard ( skilled/larger roster) players climb out of VT.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

Why not just wait a week or two? let all the try-hard ( skilled/larger roster) players climb out of VT.
    Same reason they're playing. We're all trying to progress.
  • Options
    Okay, I'm thinking I need a break for a day or something. This is getting me way too frustrated. I'm stuck in S1, back-and-forth, back-and-forth. The AI is....well, that's in another Thread. Just horrible experience for me so far. I would have been in Gold 2/Gold 1 by now. I don't know why making the VT harder was a good idea, but I wholeheartedly disagree.
  • Options
    If I didn't need 20k Frags for an R4, I'd take the Season off.
  • Options
    Br0fessor_XBr0fessor_X Posts: 4
    if this distresses you so much I'd ask why you need an r4, but i see now you're still TB. I suppose if your path to Paragon were dependent on 10(?!?) seasons of bg that would be quite distressing. Fortunately I became paragon well before any of this and haven't touched bgs. hope you find what you're looking for.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

The AI is....well, that's in another Thread.

BGs has been relatively straightforward for me this season, just 11 wins and 1 loss so far. But I did just have the most frustrating AI about 20 minutes ago. Went against Guilly 2099 and I got parried once, special intercepted twice, and she threw her sp1 the exact second she could every single time. Even when I knocked her down with a heavy and held block, she threw it into my block from that far away. It slowed the fight down so much with the sp1 power drain and the slow animation. I almost never have issues with the AI, there's just always that one extremely frustrating outlier.
  • Options

if this distresses you so much I'd ask why you need an r4, but i see now you're still TB. I suppose if your path to Paragon were dependent on 10(?!?) seasons of bg that would be quite distressing. Fortunately I became paragon well before any of this and haven't touched bgs. hope you find what you're looking for.

This is only the 3rd Season I've actually wanted to make an effort. I would just play a Match here and there before.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

ahmynuts said:

All I can see when the time comes is more Shield purchases and more cursing. Lol.
    lol also true
  • Options
    One of the vital tactics to know this season is: USE YOUR RELICs. They give easy access to knockdowns. This is the perfect season for it.
  • Options

One of the vital tactics to know this season is: USE YOUR RELICs. They give easy access to knockdowns. This is the perfect season for it.

Been doing what I can. The AI is unforgiving for me.
  • Options

Been doing what I can. The AI is unforgiving for me.
    i hear ya on that.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,552 ★★★★★
    Currently played 3 and won 2, I generally leave it till last week or 2 before making a proper push, saves me wasting any energy/EM against the big bois
  • Options
    Finally in Gold. Jesus sakes. This is painful. Lol.
    Also, Parry/Heavy isn't a thing now, apparently. They just Intercept automatically on my end.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    You should put this energy and effort into becoming Paragon. Lmao. Paragon changes everything.
  • Options
    NEXTON said:

You should put this energy and effort into becoming Paragon. Lmao. Paragon changes everything.

I'm finishing my last T6B with the Trophies. Then saving to finish Act 7. So yeah, that's the idea.
  • Options
    Although, I don't have to stress that much anymore because I'll have the Calendar now. Probably still will because....competition. Lol.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    I find that my mini account, now TB, is advancing much faster than my Paragon main. I still only do the three fights per two days but it is Silver 3 to Silver 1.
    I am only in silver AW alliance and map 4-6 in AQ on both accounts and never really have the shards to get all the new featured champs. I think this is where the difference experience is for me. Having to fight all the new champs with Paragon rosters while the TB account don’t.
    Supposed the node this season in VT is not exactly fast meta. Grinding out Arena, BG, Incursion, EQ and soon the DLX challenge will be bad for my poor thumbs.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★

Finally in Gold. Jesus sakes. This is painful. Lol.
    Also, Parry/Heavy isn't a thing now, apparently. They just Intercept automatically on my end.

It's called masteries
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    matchmaking is still garbage and lets lower players rise faster than they should. I hope that the new tiers will stall them enough that they have to start over again each season.