**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blades debuffs reduction ability and dormamu degeneration

So blade doesn't shrug off dormamu degeneration any quicker if he sat full power or o power. Is this an oversight or is it intentional. If it's intentional and dormamu degeneration isn't considered a debuffs, how come willpower p rocts when it activated on you? I was under the impression direct damage degeneration wasn't subject to willpower becausetechnically it's not a debuff. Now how you could conclude it's not anything but a debuff is beyond me. Anyways could I get an official explanantion from kabam mike or some moderator. All are welcome to comment if you have answers your 100% sure about. However if your not sure please specify that you are speculating. We don t want any "fake mcoc news"

Comments

• Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Dorm’s degen isn’t a debuff, it’s passive. Blade can’t do anything about passives, just debuffs
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Dorm’s degen isn’t a debuff, it’s passive. Blade can’t do anything about passives, just debuffs

Willpower activates on u while dormy degenerate u...then How it is not a debuff...
    Passive debuffs are those in which wp doesnt activate...
  • Weaver1983Weaver1983 Posts: 60
    Yeah, KP and av can't shrug it off either. It's just kabam hacks.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★

Your comment is exactly why I specifically asked people to be 100% sure or otherwise state that your speculating, thankfully other people pointed out why what you say isn't true. Please think before you post, we don't need anymore "fake mcoc news" ty
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265

Your comment is exactly why I specifically asked people to be 100% sure or otherwise state that your speculating, thankfully other people pointed out why what you say isn't true. Please think before you post, we don't need anymore "fake mcoc news" ty

He's not technically wrong. Dormamu's degen icon does use the passive color format rather than the buff/debuff style...so either they need to correct the icon and coding for blade or correct the coding so it doesn't trigger willpower.
    Jay_Ibero wrote: »

He's not technically wrong. Dormamu's degen icon does use the passive color format rather than the buff/debuff style...so either they need to correct the icon and coding for blade or correct the coding so it doesn't trigger willpower.

He's not right. Willpower wouldn't trigger if it was passive, doesn't matter what "color" it is. It's red just like all other debuffs. So yea "technically" when someone isn't correct what are they. Furthermore I had specifically requested people not make statement s they weren't 100% sure of without specifically stating so. If you had requested that in a post I would certainly follow the request because my intent is to be helpful, not just flap my gums at first sight of something I think isn't correct...
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    It's been stated in the forums before from a mod that it was passive. It is a weird setup. Not sure if my memory serves me correctly but seems like willpower didn't trigger originally from degen, from all sources, but enough people complained and it was changed but I could be mistaken.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Domammu's degen is a passive ability, not a debuff.
    It doesn't trigger willpower. Whoever said that is either lying or it isn't aware of it.

Blade shouldn't reduce Dormammu's degen timer. He is working as intented in that point.

This was all confirmed by a mod and the players
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I would like to see a comment on this from @kabammike or another mod because I would like clarification. My speculation is the chance for the degen to trigger is passive but the degen itself should be a debuff after it does trigger. Tbh his ability is straight bs and we need some champs that can actually counter that bs. Cost me counless fight while exploring act 5
    edited November 2017
    The answer is pretty much on Blade spotlight
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It is in his spotlight but the question answered by @kabam mike was pretty vague and the 1 specific question asked does blade reduce duration of dorms degen? Was danced around by saying if av can shrug it off then blade can reduce it. To me this is not an acceptable answer the question now is whether or not the degen itself is passive from dorm or just his ability to trigger it. If just the ability to trigger it is passive than blade should be shrugging it off and the game isnt working as intended but if the degen is supposed to be passive it is working as intended(this shouldn’t be the case imo the degen should be a debuff and should be reducible)
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The answer is pretty much on Blade spotlight

The degen is intended to be a passive ability. It even says that in dormammu's abilities.
    The icon shows hat it is a passive and not a debuff. It doesn't trigger willpower and no one can shrug it off
    The degen is intended to be a passive ability. It even says that in dormammu's abilities.
    The icon shows hat it is a passive and not a debuff. It doesn't trigger willpower and no one can shrug it off

Where do you any mention of passive in this ability overview? Not only that it triggers willpower on my champions....r7eglqlxjvg5.jpg
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    edited November 2017

Where do you any mention of passive in this ability overview? Not only that it triggers willpower on my champions....r7eglqlxjvg5.jpg

It says passive right there.... Right under where it says, Soul Leech.

Jesus christ.