The Legends Celebration Event starts August 16th!

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,916 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Chapman said:

Chapter 1:

6 Quests.
    Quests in chapter 1 contain 6 paths with 6 fights each.
    At the end of each path is a portal to the next path or to exit....

Is no one else reading this as 6 (quests) X 6 (paths) X 6 (fights each path) + 1 Boss = 217 fights to get through Chapter 1???

Plus 37 fights in chapter 2 = 254 fights total!!!

I hope this is wrong.....@Kabam Miike

I read it as there is 1 quest for each progression level in chapter 1, so you’re only doing 1 quest there. And in chapter 2 you do all fights.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,098 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Chapter 1: 6 quests. 6 paths. 6 fights per path. Presumably a boss. So if you don’t need to cut any of those into pieces, that’s 217 fights plus 37 for chapter 2.

On top of 80ish rounds of arena for that token.

All for a time that battlegrounds and war season are going on, monthly content is relatively fresh, and the sidequest involves incursions. Flash back to one to two weeks ago, when we had no BGs, no war, no EQ since it was late in the month.

For better or worse, when it rains, it pours. If Kabam was doing us a solid, then chapter 1 exploration rewards and event completion rewards would be nonexistent. This would keep you from having to burn through 120 fights on contender/proven/conqueror.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Chapter 1: 6 quests. 6 paths. 6 fights per path. Presumably a boss. So if you don’t need to cut any of those into pieces, that’s 217 fights plus 37 for chapter 2.

All for a time that battlegrounds and war season are going on, monthly content is relatively fresh, and the sidequest involves incursions. Flash back to one to two weeks ago, when we had no BGs, no war, no EQ since it was late in the month.

For better or worse, when it rains, it pours. If Kabam was doing us a solid, then chapter 1 exploration rewards and event completion rewards would be nonexistent. This would keep you from having to burn through 120 fights on contender/proven/conqueror.

said this EXACT thing ... maybe we're misreading it ... but i noticed everyone saying 37 fights and to me it seems like many more.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Member Posts: 552 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Maat1985 said:

*unpopular opinion. (disagrees incoming)*

people always say they want a training grounds mode and would be happy if it had no rewards.
    so if you are happy to play for no rewards. why not happy to play for minimal rewards?

don't like the content? don't do it.
    don't like the rewards? don't do it.

ah but you want the rewards you say.
    well then the content must be worth it else you don't want them that much.

we're saying its not worth the 225+ fights it takes. and "dont like it dont do it" will end up doing 0 content ever again cause rewards from 💰 will always be far better, and rewards from content r mostly underwhelming if u cant spend. so u cant not do it all the time
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Deacon said:

TyEdge said:

said this EXACT thing ... maybe we're misreading it ... but i noticed everyone saying 37 fights and to me it seems like many more.
    With the 37 fights I'm purely referring to chapter 2 as that'll be the hardest part, maybe I should count the 37 from the higest difficult of chapter 1 aswell. But the rest most likely require minimal effort and/or can be autoplayed

Whereas to get ANY rewards in chapter 2 you'll need to do all 37 fights, and if previous iterations of this content are anything to go by they'll most likely be long and annoying fights

So yeah, you're right, it's more than 37!
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

TyEdge said:

With the 37 fights I'm purely referring to chapter 2 as that'll be the hardest part, maybe I should count the 37 from the higest difficult of chapter 1 aswell. But the rest most likely require minimal effort and/or can be autoplayed

Whereas to get ANY rewards in chapter 2 you'll need to do all 37 fights, and if previous iterations of this content are anything to go by they'll most likely be long and annoying fights

So yeah, you're right, it's more than 37!
    crazy well hopefully it's just not a bad batch of high health pools mixed with annoying node combinations ... BUT it most likely will be lol
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

This seems like a lot of work for a 7* unduped maw

I mean there is other champs in there lol I won't be picking Maw that's for sure, ill prob go with Cap
    Tossup for me between Cap and BP.
    edited August 2023

I'm sure the format is the same as last time this setup was used. Chapter 1 is 6 paths. You do 1 path at a time. They get harder but are all extremely easy. The first few paths most players will 1 shot everything. The final path might be challenging for uncollected players and paragon people who have didn't explore chapter 6 before they nerfed it and just use op champions whose power level far exceeds the content.

Chapter 2 you will have to do all the "paths" in 1 go. It will be fairly challenging. I believe last time it was based around shang chis release, I recall the path defenders including hit monkey, sunspot, she hulk and I can't recall the rest. Certainly not the only way to do it but I recall a lot of people using corvus and just hitting into block the whole time.

Hope that helps.

Nope. That’s wrong. 6 quests. Each with 6 paths. Each path with 6 fights.
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    Maat1985 said:

*unpopular opinion. (disagrees incoming)*

people always say they want a training grounds mode and would be happy if it had no rewards.
    so if you are happy to play for no rewards. why not happy to play for minimal rewards?

don't like the content? don't do it.
    don't like the rewards? don't do it.

ah but you want the rewards you say.
    well then the content must be worth it else you don't want them that much.

Playing for rewards is a whole lot more interesting than playing just to play, even if the rewards are minimal. Most people are going to attempt new content no matter what it gives them, so it can suck knowing that time might not feel worth spending in the end. Sure, I could just face RoL WS till the world explodes, but then I'd never get to try new champions out and there'd be no stakes. Nothing to keep playing for.

Reading is fundamental. Don’t click disagree. Tell me I’m wrong and put your name on it. I’ll be back here tomorrow with receipts.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,935 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Important update:

Nice update for those that might not able to get all 3 or for those that dont want the 7 star selector
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★
    edited August 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Important update:

What about 5% t6cc selector for completion of event??
    @Kabam Jax
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★

Kabam Jax said:

Important update:

@Kabam Jax
    Sounds like we're getting a fully formed T6CC for getting all of the tokens. 5% from the event itself is pretty fair considering.

Kabam Jax said:

Important update:

@Kabam Jax
    Sounds like we're getting a fully formed T6CC for getting all of the tokens. 5% from the event itself is pretty fair considering.
    What if someone fails to login daily and complete event?
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    Basically, same format as the other challenges (i.e. Bautista's Brawl, Shang Chi's Close Quarters, etc. ). Chapter 1 is broken down based by progression level (Proven, Conqueror, uncollected, Cav, TB, and Paragon). But yes, it's 37 fights total per quest. It's a slog to get through, but most of it can be auto-fought.

You can complete all 36 fights in a row and then fight the boss or you can do each individual path and then fight the boss. It will increase the number of fights (having to fight the boss each time to complete the path), but if you mess up, you can jump to the boss and then re-enter and finish the quest at whatever path you haven't completed yet.

Chapter 2 has to be completed in one go since there is no path selector gate in the beginning. It's where the fun begins. I remember the PI's being 90k back then, so I'd expect these beefy fights to be a lot higher.

Just search for past celebrity challenges. There are plenty of vids out there, mainly of Chapter 2.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Basically, same format as the other challenges (i.e. Bautista's Brawl, Shang Chi's Close Quarters, etc. ). Chapter 1 is broken down based by progression level (Proven, Conqueror, uncollected, Cav, TB, and Paragon). But yes, it's 37 fights total per quest. It's a slog to get through, but most of it can be auto-fought.

You can complete all 36 fights in a row and then fight the boss or you can do each individual path and then fight the boss. It will increase the number of fights (having to fight the boss each time to complete the path), but if you mess up, you can jump to the boss and then re-enter and finish the quest at whatever path you haven't completed yet.

Chapter 2 has to be completed in one go since there is no path selector gate in the beginning. It's where the fun begins. I remember the PI's being 90k back then, so I'd expect these beefy fights to be a lot higher.

Just search for past celebrity challenges. There are plenty of vids out there, mainly of Chapter 2.

From what I remember Shang chi's event offered LOTS of units, hope we see that here too
  • Hort4Hort4 Member Posts: 503 ★★★
    Vanitelia said:

A few of early ones let you fight a path at a time then the boss but later ones made you do all fights in one run. I am betting it will be one run.

Regarding fights - chapter one will be 36 fights plus boss for each level. I doubt many will do more than one level. Why would paragon bother with unproven.

Therefore 74 total fights for paragon chapter 1 plus Brutal DPX chapter 2.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Hort4 said:

Vanitelia said:

A few of early ones let you fight a path at a time then the boss but later ones made you do all fights in one run. I am betting it will be one run.

Regarding fights - chapter one will be 36 fights plus boss for each level. I doubt many will do more than one level. Why would paragon bother with unproven.

Might need to do every difficulty 100% for full chapter exploration rewards, most will be able to be autoplayed so it's not a huge deal hopefully
  • NerdfrostNerdfrost Member Posts: 6
    It's so disappointing that throne breakers don't get a single 7* shard
    Hort4 said:

Vanitelia said:

Because there are event completion rewards. Duh.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    These challenges are always requested to be brought back. So for those of you that haven't done them before, you're in for a treat :) Looking forward to it.