Options

Mastery points in act 4 [resolved!!!]

Comments

• Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited January 22
    @Kabam Miike What's the story about this? Talk to us.

How's the compensation looking? A few thousand units on top of the mastery points we're due wouldn't go amiss.

Quite a few summoners along with myself have been missing 4 points for the better part of 6 months now, and I'd really appreciate if your team could get this fiasco sorted before I do my first necro run.

I think anyone would agree it's a pretty poor effort that we have gotten no proper answers about this.

I'm sending a ticket to support, and I would encourage others in the same position to do so as well.
  • Options
    Nomercy9Nomercy9 Posts: 48

Hey all, I know this is taking a while, but it has not been forgotten. The process to get these out, and ensure we don't accidentally give somebody more than the possible amount of Mastery points, is more complex that I had initially thought.

We're still working on it, but are aiming for January to get these out right now. I know, that's a long time after this issue started, but it's not for the lack of trying.

Lol
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 558 ★★★
    Death33 said:

We have been waiting for over 6 months. And the first timeline you give gets moved back to an unknown date. You can’t blame us for going to support when your communication here has been sporadic at best

Hmmmm. I wonder who support goes to?
  • Options
    SamarySamary Posts: 10
    Good evening, it's difficult guys, no one can solve our problem, we've been going through this for months, this 4-point disadvantage.
  • Options
    SamarySamary Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike any solution for this problem? we need an answer.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★

Hey all, I know this is taking a while, but it has not been forgotten. The process to get these out, and ensure we don't accidentally give somebody more than the possible amount of Mastery points, is more complex that I had initially thought.

We're still working on it, but are aiming for January to get these out right now. I know, that's a long time after this issue started, but it's not for the lack of trying.

You said this but then also recently said that there will be no compensation planned? Am I misunderstanding something or did the stance on the situation change suddenly
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    ege999men said:

You said this but then also recently said that there will be no compensation planned? Am I misunderstanding something or did the stance on the situation change suddenly
    The "no compensation" I believe means there won't be anything else extra given.
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 116
    I have a feeling we will be forever left with missing mastery points.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 877 ★★★
    This is kind of a ridiculous one. Probably not easy to fix but kind of a big deal for newer players.

One dev could figure this out in an afternoon and become a hero.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★

ege999men said:

The "no compensation" I believe means there won't be anything else extra given.
    Oh ok, that's completely fair
  • Options
    smdam38 said:

One dev could figure this out in an afternoon and become a hero.

Don’t know what avenue they are looking at.

But I had written up a potential solution earlier up in here (and written it more concisely toward the end of TopRoller's other lengthy thread), that @Kabam Miike can maybe forward to Devs if they are still stuck in how they want to proceed).

That proposal wouldn’t need to write complex search scripts and issue in-game mail for a ton of individual accounts for those lost Points.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,284 ★★★★★
    Eyy, I read compensation...
    I'm in... Btw I have all mastery points.
    Been reading this post since the start and Im a part of it. I also want that compensation lessgoo...
  • Options
    Interesting, another new post “I don't have 4 Mastery Points”, and all 10 rapid-fire short replies there from various small forum accounts echoing same.

But all those accounts are NOT brand new like some other recent examples, including one in here.
    They were created at various other times over past year. (??)

Like maybe they were all hacked by someone here and used to SPAM a new post about this.

Don’t think they would have all been the same person's “sleeper accounts” having only posted at max 2 other times over the past year.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Samary said:

Good morning, we need to continue complaining for them to take some action, this cannot happen,

I love Miike and Ikes!
    Me too!
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,315 ★★★
    If Kabam can get track of who finished act 4 before date xx/xx/xxxx of the nerf and mastery removals, it's so simple.

Send the 4 points to all these Summoners...

If not...
    Send 2 masteries to everyone. If a Summoner gets more than possible it will be gone on overflow.
    And provide an explanation that wont be possible give more than 2.
    @Kabam Miike 👍
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 616 ★★★
    edited January 24
    Interesting that there is no compensation considering the disadvantage and these players likely burned through more units and or completed less content. Seems like a good way to lose players