Tech and Mutant are currently the weakest Classes (This is a fact)

01000100 Member Posts: 58
It'd be nice to give them a focus. Oblivion is probably coming, so that's good for Mutant. The Rework Program should return - hopefully - is my main point.

Tech would even benefit greatly from Kang rework and adding High Evolutionary or The Maker.

What do you think?

Comments

• 01000100 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2023
    Noice, maybe a prime candidate for Ascension in the future.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    In my opinion I believe that mutant and mystic are now the worst classes because of all the tech champions we've gotten in the last year and a half
  • JarvisreiJarvisrei Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Mutant succs if your ignore the powerhouse like AA, Apoc, Red mags and kitty who can be tiered as top 10 all time champs and tech is the worst atleast to me. Compared to my other rosters, my tech roster is literally out of option for rank ups.
  • The_losttierThe_losttier Member Posts: 129 ★★
    Gogi said:

I really miss the buff program 😔

They still buff champs, just not as frequent as before.
    Did you mean the balance program?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

Mutant I get, but I personally think in a lot of ways Science and Skill are worse off than Tech. This may be heavily based off my pulls but I always have trouble finding a Skill or Science champ I find worthy of my R4 materials. Whereas Tech champs have a lot more hits for me

But I think I can be non controversial and say that Cosmic is without a doubt the most stacked class and can go a bit without any new additions

Cosmic is really top heavy. Also, science and skill are insanely stacked lmao. Fury, KP, Valk, Kate, Hit Monkey, MD, Shang, and a couple others are great. Science has Cassie, Spot, HT, Scorp, Titania, OG Hulk, Mr F, Void, Immortal A, QS, Spidey 2099, and Overseer
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Member Posts: 897 ★★★★
    Might be a hot take here, but I hate characters who have abilities that only work against a certain class (ie. Prowess removal in tech champs). I feel that the tech class has a lot of those types of abilities which in turn hinders them a bit against other classes.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,429 Guardian
    I say all the classes are the worst class depending on the situation/node/defender you are facing. They all take turns so no one will feel excluded.
  • AlphaNeymar10AlphaNeymar10 Member Posts: 46
    Infamous iron man is broken.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★

There was a hot moment where Mutant was the Top Class, and before that, i remember the powerhouse Mystic Class, and now we've got the Cosmic Class ruling the Battlerealm... I can't wait to see how this changes in the future, and what class might be next!

The Science class would like a word......
    @Kabam Miike I meant Onslaught...not Oblivion 😆
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★

There was a hot moment where Mutant was the Top Class, and before that, i remember the powerhouse Mystic Class, and now we've got the Cosmic Class ruling the Battlerealm... I can't wait to see how this changes in the future, and what class might be next!

The Science class would like a word......
    I agree. The science class is more evenly stacked. Cosmics are top heavy but fall off drastically.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,304 ★★★★
    0100 said:

@Kabam Miike I meant Onslaught...not Oblivion 😆

I was going to say... you picked a DEEP CUT with Oblivion, who isn't even a mutant haha.

I truly would like to see the mutants shine but that's only because the X-Men are my all time favorite. To have only gotten one mutant champ in the past 450+ days has been sad. But I know their luck will turn around eventually.

And I really hope Marrow does show up in the game some time, even if she was the first eliminated champ this year.
    edited August 2023
    Also, "weakest classes" doesn't = bad.
    Easy reasoning for placement.

1) Comic, power houses with versatility
    2) Science, great utility and uniqueness
    3) Mystic, great attackers/defenders in general. Mystic Dispersion is a big deal for them.
    4) Skill, constant AAR abilities, passives, and crits offer damage/utility
    5) Mutant, some actually counter their counters like Mags, Kitty, Bishop, and Colossus.
    6) Tech, this class does suffer because they don't counter much in Cosmic, although there should be individual Tech champs who actually counter a specific class (because it's Tech).
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I just opened a 6* R4>R5 crystal that I got from the Carina challenge, and got ... a Tech one.
    I have instant obvious R5 candidates for 4 of the classes, and possible options for the Mutant class, but no one I am particularly thrilled by in the Tech class to take to R5.

I'll probably just default to R5 Nimrod, but it is just another point to show how Tech class is so boring compared to the other classes.
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 578 ★★★
    Archangel wants a word
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

I just opened a 6* R4>R5 crystal that I got from the Carina challenge, and got ... a Tech one.
    I have instant obvious R5 candidates for 4 of the classes, and possible options for the Mutant class, but no one I am particularly thrilled by in the Tech class to take to R5.

I'll probably just default to R5 Nimrod, but it is just another point to show how Tech class is so boring compared to the other classes.

Idoom, Nimrod, Fantman, Shocker, Viv, Ultron, Shuri, Deathstrike, Omega Sentinel, Penni Parker, Guardian, Ghost, Warlock, Rocket Raccoon.
    I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    edited August 2023
    This video proves my point... everyone acting like I want Classes to be "weak" in comparison.

"WhAt AbOut NimRod, AA, anD eVeryONe at tHe TOp of the CLaSs?!"

https://youtu.be/m5YxoCON7lA
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,100 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    If you had to build a team of 5 to tackle unspecified content, which class would you take?

Mutant offers a lot of versatility and synergy potential. Apoc, Prof X, Wags, Archangel and Colossus give you counters to evade and miss, the ability to inflict debuffs, do big damage, deal with purify/conflictor, and have a range of immunities or resistances.

My gauntlet team was Apoc, AA, Wags, Herc and Heimdall and it was a breeze. The mutants did most of the work. In longer content, Apoc’s ability to stop evade, cheese charges off mutant defenders, and become immune to bleed/incinerate/disorient is something else.
  • Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★
    Remember when mutant was the best defending class? Then kabam added nimrod, idoom, fantaman, viv and warlock. They also buffed ultron and nebula. I feel like there are too many mutant killers now and they lost out due to that being their strong suite.