**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I Don't Get The Silk Hype

She's kinda cool, but her play style is stressful and unreliable. Her damage is awful unless you can pull off the very stressful ideal rotation, and even then it's nothing crazy. Her slow is unreliable if you don't keep them against the wall. Her heavy cancel into special, that you need for decent damage, is unreliable and dangerous if the opponent has a special ready. Honestly, without synergies, a relic, and cooperative AI, she's pretty awful. Which is a bummer, cause I really wanted to like her. Hope she gets a rework.

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,393 ★★★★★
    U dont even need a relic or synergy to be good seems ur playing her wrong as im getting really good damage even without doing sp3 rotation
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

I'm just going to leave this here to say Silk is anything except stressful to play.

https://youtu.be/ccWbbMVmQkU?si=hOej9zxT6rUH-ben

That’s a rank 5, right? Extremely happy that I got her I the new featured. Used a gem and took her to 160 for now.
    I’m super tempted to make her my first r5 science. Even before scorp. She’s just so smooth and fun to play.

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Squammo said:

Pikolu said:

I'm just going to leave this here to say Silk is anything except stressful to play.

That’s a rank 5, right?

Yes, she is a ton of fun and I would recommend her as a r5. She is very good in both questing and BGs, the r5 Combat Power Rate is also very nice for questing because you could just have mojo on the team to get to the sp2 after the sp3
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,393 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Squammo said:

Pikolu said:

That’s a rank 5, right?

Yes, she is a ton of fun and I would recommend her as a r5. She is very good in both questing and BGs, the r5 Combat Power Rate is also very nice for questing because you could just have mojo on the team to get to the sp2 after the sp3
    Im thinking to r5 mine but gonna give it time to see if i can pull the 7 from just a few titan crystals
  • Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Nice fight, and sure she has some ideal matchups. To be fair, you have class advantage and the fury from the BG meta, so she's doing close to twice her normal damage there, and the relic plays a substantial role to be able to stack the vulnerabilities. And the fact that it was so quick eliminated the risk of dealing with specials after losing her evade charge.
    Again, she's got some good matchups, and I enjoy her in some fights, but I stand by her play style being stressful. Maybe stressful isn't the word, perhaps disappointing is a better word for it, since all her buffs are so difficult to keep up.
    But that's just my opinion of course, glad y'all enjoy her.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    edited August 2023

Pikolu said:

Nice fight, and sure she has some ideal matchups. To be fair, you have class advantage and the fury from the BG meta, so she's doing close to twice her normal damage there, and the relic plays a substantial role to be able to stack the vulnerabilities. And the fact that it was so quick eliminated the risk of dealing with specials after losing her evade charge.
    Did you not watch the video? I did literally like 1 medium after the relic before heavy and sp2. Also the Fury only increases attack rating by 40% and another important thing to note is the burst on the sp2 is completely unaffected by Silks attack rating.

Also if you're not running a relic on silk, then, to put it bluntly, you're just being stupid. Any old relic will do for Silk to be happy. Also in other metas, I used 5* Silk to take down 7* opponents. Also don't underestimate how good of a hulkling counter she is too. You can never have enough Hulkling counters in your deck.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    Stressful? But she is really easy to use, she is not like taskmaster, she is not like Hela, she is just being agressive and You Will get a ton of easy damage
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Everything else is covered here, I ll only say that her gameplay is pretty smooth, along with her animations, if you like using Black Cat, you re gonna love her too. Plus, the stun in the middle of a combo mechanic is pretty useful for a lot of situations/nodes.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Everything else is covered here, I ll only say that her gameplay is silky smooth, along with her animations, if you like using Black Cat, you re gonna love her too. Plus, the stun in the middle of a combo mechanic is pretty useful for a lot of situations/nodes.

Fixed it for you.
    Insightful! hahaha
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 96
    Does she need the dupe? And if so what’s her best sig level?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Scorpion is still a better addition to the roster right? And Not just since the r5 will go longer since Silk is already in the titan pool.

Asking cause im missing scorpion and debating going basics for more 7* shards meanwhile featureds can give trash dupes for 5k more shards